Old 07-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Geeks Vs Westboro Baptist Church

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/0...rch/3#comments

BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

4th pic down. the Asian guy holding the "god hates jedi's" sign is a guy i go to school with.. too funny
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That is hilarious! Love it!
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That is great!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

satans cake is a lie.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the morning chuckle
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

"God hates f----red phelps"!

Me too
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Haha.....this comment is funny:

"It's funny, they aren't that different at all.. 1 group spends all their time reading fictitious material in which it's characters are made out to be superheros with special powers, and the other group reads comic books.."
Old 07-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
LR3
Rock Crawler

What exactly was the point of them doing that? As a Baptist myself, I find this.......err.......intresting. Thanks for sharing Joe.
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
What exactly was the point of them doing that?
Who? The geeks or the freaks?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Maybe you should read up on the Westboro Baptist Church and what they do....
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
Agreed. I'm sure he'd not claim to be of the same religion as them....

They came to Houston last year to protest the inauguration of our openly gay mayor.....there were more locals protesting against WBC then they had protesting the inauguration....
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What exactly was the point of them doing that? As a Baptist myself, I find this.......err.......intresting.

Its kind of like, crapping in someones cereal & then them throwing the bowl back in your face.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #14
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Who? The geeks or the freaks?
The geeks lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
I will look into it
Quote:
Agreed. I'm sure he'd not claim to be of the same religion as them....

They came to Houston last year to protest the inauguration of our openly gay mayor.....there were more locals protesting against WBC then they had protesting the inauguration....
Wow, there are redicals in everybranch of Christianity. Yes, we do view homosexuality as wrong, but that is just extream. If the mayor is gay, so be it. They don't live out there so it has nothing to do with their business. That is what pisses me off about many Christians now days, not just baptists. They are always talking bad about people who get all radical about random crap, but then they go and do the same exact thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Its kind of like, crapping in someones cereal & then them throwing the bowl back in your face.

Last edited by LR3; 07-23-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The geeks lol
I guess they got wind that the freaks were going to be protesting....so they decided to counterprotest.

Quote:
Wow, there are redicals in everybranch of Christianity. Yes, we do view homosexuality as wrong, but that is just extream. If the mayor is gay, so be it. They don't live out there so it has nothing to do with their business. That is what pisses me off about many Christians now days, not just baptists. They are always talking bad about people who get all radical about random crap, but then they go and do the same exact thing.
Yep, you'd think that they wouldn't care about a mayor halfway across the country, but apparently, they do.

To tell the truth, if I were a baptist, I would be pissed that these people associated themselves with the same church as I.

BTW, they don't just protest gays, but everything from women in the workplace to soldiers funerals. When you read about this group of protesters, it is really going to make you feel bad for the families of the soldiers...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

When I was in the Army at Ft. Riley, Kansas, I was friends with a bunch of locals at Kansas State University. I'd already heard from them about Rev. Phelps because he's a nut around Kansas. I went to the graduation of one of my friends and when we came out of the auditorium, Phelp's crowd was there screaming that all the graduates were evil because KSU was graduating "fags". My buddy Paul snapped at the level of insult and disrespect of these shitheels, picked up a handful of rocks and heaved a 90 mph fastball throw into Phelps' group from about 15 feet away. He hit several, drew blood on two, rushed into the crowd to beat some ass, got tackled by a cop, and got himself a two year suspended sentence for aggravated assault. He has always said it was worth it...one of his favorite days.

Everyone in Phelps' church could die and the world would be that much of a better place.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #17
RCC Addict

There is a special place in Hell reserved for the people of Westboro. That is a cult not a church plain and simple. There is just not an expression good enough for how much I despise people like that.

Our openly gay mayor was much better than the alternative for sure. Unless someone can prove to me how here being gay will screw up Houston any worse than it is, I could care less. We are still recovering from the idiot 2 mayors ago and the last one left much to be desired. Played himself as fiscaly conservative but acted the opposite. Looks and sounds like Elmer Fudd too.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
. . . and the last one left much to be desired. Played himself as fiscaly conservative but acted the opposite. Looks and sounds like Elmer Fudd too.
Sounds EXACTLY like Phoenix's current Mayor.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #19
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BTW, they don't just protest gays, but everything from women in the workplace to soldiers funerals. When you read about this group of protesters, it is really going to make you feel bad for the families of the soldiers...
Whats wrong with women in the workplace? And why on earth would they protest soldiers funerals. Do they not have enough brains to realise that they payed the ultimate sacrifice to keep the nation that they call home safe. What is their problem
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #20
LR3
Rock Crawler

Found this on their site:
http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html
That is the riot shedule. Here are some very disturbing quotes from it:

Quote:
Drive WBC to picket the funeral of Capt. David A. Wisniewski, cut off in his youth fighting a losing battle against the Lord his God. We will remind this nation and those yet still alive that the Lord is killing these soldiers for serving a sinful and rebellious sodomite nation.
Quote:
First Presbyterian Church 840 17th Street WBC to picket the funeral of Nebraska Supreme Court Justice William C. Hastings. Nebraska is a land of lawless criminal thugs, and justice is turned away backward in the street! The members of WBC have testimony to offer before the Just Judge - that Righteous God that created you - and he will execute righteous judgments. Praise His Holy Name! No cutsie legal maneuvers, no perverting justice, no appeals, no passing the blame and washing the saints blood from your filthy, Pontius Pilate hands - just righteous, final judgment. You should have done the math, Nebraska! Every one of you sits idly by while God's servants are abused in your filthy state, and God's name is blasphemed - you are bound to the illegal, ungodly actions of your perverse leaders, and you will be held accountable by that Jealous God who promised to curse you if you would not obey Him! You love to be brutish simpletons, and will have NONE of God's reproof before your eyes! God Hates Nebraska! Nebraska is going down ... town clown! :-)
Quote:
God is killing the motorcycle rebels! Thank God for his righteous judgments. Motorcycle rebels follow WBC members from coast to coast in a vain attempt to suppress the word of God. Shameless, violent, Godless rebels! The Lord Almighty will not suffer man's will to prevail over his own. He will repay you to your face!
Quote:
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church 1600 North 291 Highway WBC to picket the funeral of Sgt. Shaun M. Mittler. God hates america and is sending her troops home in body bags. We will stand outside his funeral to warn the living that there is a hell, there is a day of judgement, and the destruction of this nation is imminent. Every person going into that funeral should be on their knees thanking God that they are yet alive and have yet a little space to repent. Instead, they go worship the dead body and the limp idol that lays over the casket. Except the Lord build the house, They labor in vain that build it; Except the Lord keep the city, The watchman waketh but in vain. Psa. 127:1. The Lord has ceased to keep america. He is raining destruction down on her, and it is only going to get worse. Praise God for the dead soldier! Praise God for His righteous judgements!
Quote:
Praise God for the dead soldier! Praise God for His righteous judgements!

These people are sick