Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Window tint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
MODERATOR™

Default Window tint

Dang tickets are up to 126 bucks now in Ohio. I have 33% on the front two and our legal limit is 50%, which is like, why even bother... First time they got me it was only $91 and that was about three years ago. Like Ohio is starving for money or something...

Officer said because I've been previously ticketed for the same thing, he can impound my car right now. Failed to fix the problem. Yikes.

Talked my way out of a no front plate ticket, "Hit a snow bank a couple years ago, and stripped out the plastic. You can see the hole on the bumper. I'm just being lazy. I have it right here under the front passenger floormat because I figured it'd cut someone's head off if it were in the windshield (illegal by the way)." And my insurance card was two days past due, too. "I don't know what day it is, let alone the date. I swear it, it's on my stove." He says, "You and me both. The summer is flying by." Sweetness!

Had I not cut off the big truck to get off the freeway, but instead got behind him and I would have missed the light and this never would have happened. Hate that. Karma got me.

I like this hat though, it might have helped.
Attached Images

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

what color is your car/truck? ive got 10% on all my windows but the windshield and thats a 10% 6in eye brow and ive never been pulled over! while my friend with 5% on his silver fj it sticks out like a sore thumb and he was pulled over 3 times in 4 blocks! 2 tint warnings and a ticket! the cops here are duchers, just not sure how i havent got pulled over as my truck is verry noticeable and his fj is stock other than a bumper.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Dang tickets are up to 126 bucks now in Ohio. I have 33% and our legal limit is 50%... First time they got me it was only $91 and that was about three years ago.

I've been previously ticketed for the same thing, he can impound my car right now. Failed to fix the problem. Yikes.

I'm just being lazy.

Had I not cut off the big truck to get off the freeway, but instead got behind him and I would have missed the light and this never would have happened. Hate that. Karma got me.
Peepee, PLEASE do NOT cut off big trucks, PLEASE!!!

The tint laws suck. Arizona has more then one great law...there tint is their 2nd blessing.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Eeepee just to inform you, the 50% will do more then you think, any tint film included a clear(uv shield) will make the inside of your car/truck feel cooler because they block the uv rays that causes the burning sensation on your skin, once that burning feeling is gone it will make the inside of you car/truck feel cooler! I used to work at a tint shop
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

WTF do you need tint for in Ohio? We only get sunshine 4-5 days a year.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
Eeepee just to inform you, the 50% will do more then you think, any tint film included a clear(uv shield) will make the inside of your car/truck feel cooler because they block the uv rays that causes the burning sensation on your skin, once that burning feeling is gone it will make the inside of you car/truck feel cooler! I used to work at a tint shop
then why does my truck get no joke 130 when its only 85-90 out?
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
then why does my truck get no joke 130 when its only 85-90 out?
even if you have tint you truck will still heat up there is no way possible(yet) to keep a vehicle from conducting heat but say your in your truck cruising down the interstate and you have your arm resting on the window sill;

Without tint - you will have a burning feeling on your arm from the uv rays admitted from the sun

with tint - those uv's are filtered out as the tint passes through the tint and removes the burning sensation making your skin feel cooler
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiva View Post

The tint laws suck. Arizona has more then one great law...there tint is their 2nd blessing.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
0 0

silly ricers and their silly tint
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Who's your Daddy-0!

I have 5% on the back glass and 20% on the side windows and a 5% strip across the front window 35% is the limit here but we never get screwed with because of it. In a truck here you can completely black out the back window with paint if you want. But I think a new law just passed a month or so ago that changed that. At the same time though we don't have inspections here either

Here in the "Dirty South" we can ride around with no hood, no windows, open headers, ect.... and no one says crap! Yee-Hawwww!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

wtf are you doing living in shithole like ohio in the first place?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=BigDiva;2561700]Peepee, PLEASE do NOT cut off big trucks, PLEASE!!!

The tint laws suck. Arizona has more then one great law...there tint is their 2nd blessing. [/
QUOTE]

X2. Not to sound like a a$$ but I am glad you got a ticket. It is hard enough to drive these things. I got cut off a couple of years ago when I had a over sized load on and I locked the brakes up to avoid hitting the car. The end results were a couple of broken chains and a $2300 bill for the wrecker to reshift the load.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiva View Post
Peepee, PLEASE do NOT cut off big trucks, PLEASE!!!
My good friend, his two sons, and his dad were all killed when a semi tried to avoid hitting a car that cut him off. Instead of hitting the car he swerved, hit my buddy's truck. It caught fire and they all burned alive. The only one to make it out of the truck was his dad and he died in flames on the ground next to the truck.

Back to tint.

I had the front three windows on the Ford tinted last Friday. Not sure what's on the front side windows (might be 20) but they just matched the tint to the factory glass on the rear side and back windows. The front has a layer of 50%. All of it is obviously UV-blocking.

TN laws say that the front side windows have to allow more than 35% of the light to pass. So apparently 35% is deemed illegal in TN.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

A buddy of mine in Augusta is a cop and saw the windows on my wife's old PT Cruiser and told my that the tint was illegal. He pulled the tool to check and went to the factory glass on the rear side windows and they failed.

"If someone stops you, you'll have to remove it."

"I can't - it's not a layer of film, it's factory glass."

I then pointed to his patrol car and asked him to check the tint on it.

He wouldn't do it. "That law doesn't apply to us."
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
WTF do you need tint for in Ohio? We only get sunshine 4-5 days a year.
You know Stu. So you can roll gangsta on a blunt ride!

Tinted windshields are really nice and are legal in Ohio for the moment...
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
MODERATOR™

I didn't cut him off that bad, he was merging on at like 35 when I was getting off the same exit at 70. That happens.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I have my truck blacked out 5% on all windows except the windshield and it has a 6" strip of 35% across the top. I have sever migraine headaches, I am also disabled, if I get a ticket I will go to the doctor for a letter advising the use of tint for the glare that induces migraines and go to court. Screw not being able to be comfortable in a vehicle I pay for. em!!!
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I was coming back from a comp in Miami & stopped at a toll booth. there was a state trooper standing by it & he told me to pull over to the side. He got me for no seatbelt and tint. he put the machine on the window to test it & it said 0.01 . He said it was the darkest windows he's ever seen. No seatbelt $115, tint $115 ,& I couldn't find the registration $95.
dshelowjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelowjr View Post
No seatbelt $115, tint $115 ,& I couldn't find the registration $95.
You got slapped with a $210 ticket for being a dumbass.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #20
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep94xj View Post
Tinted windshields are really nice and are legal in Ohio for the moment...
That's not what I hear. Do you have anything to prove they're legal in Ohio?