Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: RC4WD web site problems virus threat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default RC4WD web site problems virus threat

The RC4WD web site lately keeps giving my anti virus fits, both at work and at home. I know this was a problem in the past but I thought they fixed it. My Trend anti virus at work blocks it as well as my Kasperskey at home.

Please fix this because I have always bought from RC4WD and trust them as a vender.

URL... http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/ Kaspersky reports... The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 07-31-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That site is getting killed...

Try their new store...

http://store.rc4wd.com/
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Thats funny because my computer caught a virus from this site, I was on rccrawler one night about 2 months ago and I ended up having to get my computer fixed because of the virus it gave me Now I have a great anti-virus program and i have a search engine program that lets me know if the sights secure or if I shouldn't go on at the time. I was told that the virusis were coming through the ad's at the bottom of the page. I don't know to much about computers but lately RC4WD has been an unsecure sight according to my search engine blocker, so I only go on when it says it's secure
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Thats funny because my computer caught a virus from this site, I was on rccrawler one night about 2 months ago and I ended up having to get my computer fixed because of the virus it gave me
Wasn't RCC that gave the virus, most likely a Google ad that was infected that once it loaded at the bottom of the screen, it jumped into your computer..... This is how I was able to mess up two computers at my work, and they have tons of firewall/anti-virus crap going on.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
That site is getting killed...

Try their new store...

http://store.rc4wd.com/
The problem is that when you google RC4WD the other URL is what shows up, also when I got to the link you provided and try to log in and see my account (just bought 7/30/10 from the other url) it does not work. So do I need to creat a new account?

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 08-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
The problem is that when you google RC4WD the other URL is what shows up, also when I got to the link you provided and try to log in and see my account (just bought 7/30/10 from the other url) it does not work. So do I need to creat a new account?
Until the mighty internet catches up...that will still be around. Also, they are keeping it live so people can check their old orders. No new orders can be placed.

Yes, you need to create a new account.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Until the mighty internet catches up...that will still be around. Also, they are keeping it live so people can check their old orders. No new orders can be placed.

Yes, you need to create a new account.
As of today no new orders? because I placed one this past weekend 7/30/2010 Order Number: 8817562

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 08-02-2010 at 07:49 PM.