RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Ginormous Chinese Buses (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/262420-ginormous-chinese-buses.html)

Szczerba 08-02-2010 01:07 PM

Ginormous Chinese Buses

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/02/c...e-under-video/

I can see some dumba$$ wrecking under one of these and causing a firey death pile up.

blue10 08-02-2010 02:54 PM

That's effin genius!!

dezfan 08-02-2010 03:01 PM

Pretty slick IMO.

RANOVRU 08-02-2010 03:05 PM

As if there arent enough potential hazzards on the road already. Have they not seen the vid of chinese driving that was just posted here?? You couldnt pay me to drive under one of those things.

Ill be anxiously waiting the first de-railed vid on The Tube....

TattooKenny 08-02-2010 03:48 PM

I would hate to see someone set off a car bomb under one!:shock: You would take out 100's of people! Cool idea but there seems like there is a lot of bad things that could happen as well.

BJoe 08-02-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue10 (Post 2569853)
That's effin genius!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 2569861)
Pretty slick IMO.

I'm in full agreement with you guys, but.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANOVRU (Post 2569867)
As if there arent enough potential hazzards on the road already. Have they not seen the vid of chinese driving that was just posted here?? You couldnt pay me to drive under one of those things.

Ill be anxiously waiting the first de-railed vid on The Tube....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooKenny (Post 2569936)
I would hate to see someone set off a car bomb under one!:shock: You would take out 100's of people! Cool idea but there seems like there is a lot of bad things that could happen as well.

Those are two vary valid points, the first one for China (unless they start doing a serious driver's ed class with real driving instructors!) and the latter for places like the United States or Israel :shock:

Stormin2u 08-02-2010 05:50 PM

That's just crazy what a mess. :lmao:

Offroader5 08-02-2010 06:53 PM

I think they should put openings on the sides of them too so cars can go through them the other way...why not just add an intersection under there while you're at it. :ror:

I can see people running into those black & yellow arches while they are below the bus and it becoming one big pile up.

Harley 08-02-2010 09:26 PM

Yeah..... good luck with that.

:roll:

dezfan 08-02-2010 09:31 PM

You're just mad you didn't think of it first.:lmao:

KC_JoNeS 08-02-2010 09:31 PM

The real problem has yet to be addressed with this idea. I can speak on this as I live in China and drive in China.

This wont work as expected. Chinese people cannot drive. I know this for a fact. Expect cars to pass under a bus like this? Forget it. People here miss their exit on the freeway, slam on their brakes in the fast lane, backup, and then expect to cross 4 lanes of traffic stopping everyone, just so they can make their exit. I see this quite frequently. Have you ever seen 3 lanes of traffic all making a right hand turn?

Come visit China. It is EVERYTHING you think it should be in terms of driving conditions.

But, to be fair, I live in Shenzhen...and it sucks here. If you go to Beijing, the people are much more civilized, and can actually drive.

Casey

blue10 08-02-2010 10:10 PM

You nay-sayers are no different than the bunch that burned as a witch the first guy who showed up at dinner with a fork.

microgoat 08-03-2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS (Post 2570598)
The real problem has yet to be addressed with this idea. I can speak on this as I live in China and drive in China.

This wont work as expected. Chinese people cannot drive. I know this for a fact. Expect cars to pass under a bus like this? Forget it. People here miss their exit on the freeway, slam on their brakes in the fast lane, backup, and then expect to cross 4 lanes of traffic stopping everyone, just so they can make their exit. I see this quite frequently. Have you ever seen 3 lanes of traffic all making a right hand turn?

Come visit China. It is EVERYTHING you think it should be in terms of driving conditions.

But, to be fair, I live in Shenzhen...and it sucks here. If you go to Beijing, the people are much more civilized, and can actually drive.

Casey

Sounds like Ohio :ror:

72Blazer 08-03-2010 11:02 AM

I wonder if it makes "Pac Man" sounds as it goes down the road and overtakes other cars:ror:.

JasonInAugusta 08-03-2010 02:02 PM

Slick idea but they better make those bastards durable...and put several video cameras under them to capture the ensuing madness.

canadianbacon 08-03-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS (Post 2570598)

Casey

And they don't get any better when they come here lol.

This seems like a cool idea, but that's all it should stay as, an idea. There has to be much safer ways of doing this.

BJoe 08-03-2010 07:04 PM

One Word.........MONORAIL!

ColquittCustom405 08-03-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 2570585)
Yeah..... good luck with that.

:roll:

High Five!

Sydwaiz 08-03-2010 10:59 PM

Who'd they copy it from?

rock hard 08-03-2010 11:14 PM

what happens when a car decides to change lanes while under the bus.
I think we in the u.s.a. and other countries with condenced populations,really need to consider the benifits of stacked highways/roadways.

when the epicenter of a city gets condenced we build the building up.
same ground space but much more usable space.
we need to apply the same method of thinking to the future of our roads.