Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Something for my dad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster Joe View Post
Hope all is still good with you dad. Kind of interesting that you are fixing the cancer on the car at the same time as your dad is getting his fixed. All will be looking good and feeling good soon. Good luck and prayers to you guys.
Love that and you are soo right..... Thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
That's a perfect analogy. I was thinking this whole story needed to become a bestselling book, but that sealed the deal right there. Especially when you get your happy ending and your dad is cruising around in that car, someone needs to write the book and give hope to a lot of other people.

Keep up the great work, both you and your dad!
Its funny I was talking with my boss this morning. His father in law was just diagnosed with simular cancer(plus lung) and we got onto the conversation how a positive outlook can make a big difference. Something science will never understand.... And thank you...
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #182
I wanna be Dave

I figured I would show some updated pictures as of early last week. These are ones my dad took.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #183
I wanna be Dave

So the left rear quarter is on and I believe the right one is now on as well and CT was getting ready to do the filler panel between the rar window/trunk.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #184
I wanna be Dave

Crash.....great thread...I just read the whole thing.....(because of a link from one of your other threads).

I agree with the, "I fixed the car cancer while my Dad fixed his body cancer!"

Great build, thanks for sharing.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:58 AM   #185
Rock Stacker

This is looking sweet! I hope your father makes a quick recovery!
BrandonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #186
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys.

ya I was yapping on the phone with him last night and I finally remembered to tell him the cool quote about we are fixing the cancer on his car and he is fixing his cancer and he got a big kick out of it.

But here is an update on my dad. he started his 10th round of chemo today and with each one it gets a little more agressive. It usally takes a couple days to whipe him out but this has taken a little more of a toll on him. But his blood work is looking perfect so thats a good thing.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #187
Rock Crawler

I just read all 10 pages, very great story about your Dad. I am keeping your family in my prayers for a full recovery.
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokediver View Post
I just read all 10 pages, very great story about your Dad. I am keeping your family in my prayers for a full recovery.
Thank you..
Old 01-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #189
I wanna be Dave

I have had a full shop of rigs but been poking on stuff to get ready for the car to come back.

I finally got both front seats completed and ready!

I still have to get the bumpers stripped to get the brackets to my brother so he can media blast them. I still have to get the rear inner quarter covers painted and a few things prepped.

They also found some rust in the upper area of rear window so the decision was made to rip the head liner out and my dad ordered a new one. I talked with him about it and told him my worries about me doing it--mainly because my lack of experiance doing one and I was afraid it would not look good. So I told him thats one thing we might want put back in. My dad said "I bet you can do it"..
Old 01-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #190
Quarry Creeper

I was actually just thinking about this earlier today when I was sweeping my garage. I was wondering how things are coming along. Glad to hear your dad seems to be doing good. Tell him to keep on keepin' on and that we look forward to some pics of him doing burnouts
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #191
Rock Crawler

Glad to see this project coming along quite well!!!.

Not a huge ford fan, but I really like to see this done. good to see it going for a good cause.

My mother died due to cancer, pancreatic cancer. I wish i would of been able to do something like this for her.

Keep up the good work!
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRockCrawler View Post
I was actually just thinking about this earlier today when I was sweeping my garage. I was wondering how things are coming along. Glad to hear your dad seems to be doing good. Tell him to keep on keepin' on and that we look forward to some pics of him doing burnouts
I dunno about burnouts---that little rear diff might go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Glad to see this project coming along quite well!!!.

Not a huge ford fan, but I really like to see this done. good to see it going for a good cause.

My mother died due to cancer, pancreatic cancer. I wish i would of been able to do something like this for her.

Keep up the good work!
Sorry to hear about your dad..

My dad did his 11th round of chemo last week and is doing good
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #193
I wanna be Dave

So I am down to the last couple items to be prepped for the car and been bouncing between life stuff and the flatty. So I spent the last couple days getting the last items done.

So Don and Ct pulled the headliner and Don dropped it off. So I figured I would get the bows for it cleaned up and put into the new headliner so it can get nice and flat.

I started by just cutting the bows out of the headliner. I found a bunch of rust on them and they were actually kinda rusted to the loops of the headliner. I sat there and cleaned every inch of all 4 of them. from my experiance with the seats and trying to get the wire loops pulled thru the loop material I found having a smooth finish helps a TON.

I got a nice coat of paint on them and hanging to dry.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #194
I wanna be Dave

Don had taken the metal inner quarter covers to work and blasted them a while back. I was wanting to get them done allot sooner so the paint could harden more but it just didn't work out. So I finally got them prepped and painted and they turned out nicely. Odd working with metal that has a texture to it when painting.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #195
I wanna be Dave

For the upper seal that seals the top of the window to the body there are metal guide/bracket assembly that are screwed to the body and the seal is glued into it. They were pretty rough and had paint on them not only from the factory but the other paint jobs after that. So I had to not only get that off but the glue down in the assembly. It took a few hours to get them cleaned up but I still have to spend a little time reworking them back into perfect shape (metal dimpled where the screws are and some of the outer edged of them are bent). But I should be able to make them as good as new.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #196
I wanna be Dave

So the last task to get done today was getting the brackets off the bumpers so I can have Don blast them. Man these things are ROUGH..

The bumper bolts (carriage bolt) are BADLY rusted. I didn't even bother trying to unbolt them and just took the plasma and blew the heads off,lol.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #197
I wanna be Dave

So my dad went thru his 12th chemo treatment. Each one was getting more and more agressive and taking more and more out of him.

Today is a BIG day as he sits there having to drink 16 ounces of goop and then to his CT scan to see how its going.

Man all he wants is a cold beer too and to take his car for a spin..
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #198
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
So my dad went thru his 12th chemo treatment. Each one was getting more and more agressive and taking more and more out of him.

Today is a BIG day as he sits there having to drink 16 ounces of goop and then to his CT scan to see how its going.

Man all he wants is a cold beer too and to take his car for a spin..
Thats how my aunts chemo went. She had stage 4 lung cancer. She ended up passing away on May 6th, 2010 when I was 15(now 16). Worst day of my life. I hope everything goes good for your dad.

Good work on the Stang
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #199
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcrawlerkidX View Post
Thats how my aunts chemo went. She had stage 4 lung cancer. She ended up passing away on May 6th, 2010 when I was 15(now 16). Worst day of my life. I hope everything goes good for your dad.

Good work on the Stang
I can't wait to get the car back with nice new paint--its getting close.

He got some info regarding the scan and again the spots on his liver are getting smaller. I know they were hoping for a more rapid decent of the size but its still positive.

On wedsnesday he has an apointment to go over the scans and will know more about what the next step is.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #200
Rock Crawler

good to hear
hende is offline   Reply With Quote