Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Something for my dad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
it has done exactly what I wanted it to do for his spirits.
Awesome!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #62

Quote:
You can tell he is EXTREEMLY excited and my mom pulled me aside and again said thank you for the hard work and it has done exactly what I wanted it to do for his spirits.
That is really great, must be a really great feeling to be doing this for him. Best of luck with everything and good luck to your dad!
OSUmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Well I just got off the with my dad as he was leaving his doctors apointment and these are his exact words Cancer lesions in the liver have gotten small so we're on the right track. I feel like dancing.... Yahooooooooo

So we are on the right track and we know progress in the right direction is being made--he's going to kill it!!!!!!
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well I just got off the with my dad as he was leaving his doctors apointment and these are his exact words Cancer lesions in the liver have gotten small so we're on the right track. I feel like dancing.... Yahooooooooo

So we are on the right track and we know progress in the right direction is being made--he's going to kill it!!!!!!
fawk yeah bro! thats good to hear! i lost my pops when i was 12... he flipped a sand rail 6 and a half times..i wish i would have gotten the chance to do something like this for or with my dad!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Man that is some good news. Good to hear.
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys.......
Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #67
Defy Gravity

i just lost my dad from a sudden stroke this summer, i wouldn't wish it on anyone, glad to here that your dad is pulling through crash.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
i just lost my dad from a sudden stroke this summer, i wouldn't wish it on anyone, glad to here that your dad is pulling through crash.
Sorry for your loss and thank you for the kind words...
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Don got the parts I needed blasted so I prepped them and threw some paint down.

I got the cross supports installed and sealed at the pinch seam

I got the shock towers installed with new bolts(old ones dead) and got the shocks installed allong with a couple items in the engine bay.

I think it turned out pretty decent..
Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

Sorry to hear about your Dad's cancer.

As for the car, I can't think of a more awesome tribute to your Dad - keep up the good work.
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

At this point I don't want to do anything more in the engine bay till I can have a few days for the paint to harden. The paint for the interior showed up at my dads and will have it tonight so in the mean time I went back to the passenger seat adjusters.

As you can see they are in poor shape. One stud is broken and 2 others are bent--odd and they barely move.

This is where I learned a few things. The studs are pressed into place on the rail (square hole). So I started by cutting the stuff flush with the square portion of the stud.

Once cut I ground the square area down to very near the rail and then pounded them out--pretty simple really.

Now both stud tops act as stoppers so once those are removed you can move the slider beyond its limit and seperate it. There are 2 roller balls and 4 nylon sliders.

I cleaned the rails of the sticky goo from many years and polished the areas where the balls ride. I greased the ball areas and reassembled the slider assembly. At this point I use long bolts and tack welded them to the slider and wala they are in great shape again.

And painted up and ready

Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

So I have been doing one thing for the last 2 days on the car.

I did some research and asked around and ended up deciding to go with an Eastwood product "Rust encapsulator" and had my dad order a gallon of the stuff. So it finally arrived and I was ready and waiting. So for the last 2 nights I spent painting the floor from front/rear with 2 coats and I went up the firewall under the dash to the cowl/firewall seam and farther under that where I could get the paint. So now that my brain is shot from fumes(lol) I sit here eating crayons(jusy kidding). But I am pretty happy with how it turned out. Also I knew of 2 tiny pinholes but found a couple more thanks to the paint and got those areas sealed up nicely/protected.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I am in aw when I read this thread, all your work on how you describe your dad's reactions and attitude is awesome. Can't wait for future updates.
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Man I can't wait to see it done. Keep up the killer work
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
I am in aw when I read this thread, all your work on how you describe your dad's reactions and attitude is awesome. Can't wait for future updates.
I am pretty happy with how everything is going regardless of the illness my dad is fighting and going to beat---he is soo damn excited. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hende View Post
Man I can't wait to see it done. Keep up the killer work
Thaks Hende---Its getting there....
Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Ok I got the caps that bolt to the floor cleaned, painted and then installed and another coat along with the rubber floor plugs.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

So the good news is the Don's buddy will be ready in just over a week--time to shift up a gear...

So its time to start putting some things back onto the car. I went and cleaned up the hood release/latch assembly and gave it a coat of pant and then threw it on with the horns.

The radiator also went back in.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

When I removed the front brake hard lines each one was pretty toast at the brake hose fitting due to having to use vise grips to remove them. They were also kinda pitted from rust so I needed to build new ones.

The drivers side. I chose to copy the origional one.

The passenger side I chose to do different than the stock one as I thought there were unneeded bends in it.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I finally rebuilt the carb so now thats ready.

I hated the fuel line from the fuel pump and it too had some rust pitting in it but more than anything it was bent this way and that way.So I made a new one.

I also made a new line for the vacuum advance.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #80
Hateraide

Lookin good cant wait for more pics and hope you get some more done this week and weekend
Cody
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote