Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Bad Ass CNC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I was just using Mastercam as an example of them using sometype of 3d programming software. No matter how they did it. It's definetly impressive. I really doubt I could ever be able to do that.
Jkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #22
www.team3sixrc.com

So is that mastercam system like what we use in surveying?

We use Robotics from time to time which takes over 300 laser shots a millisecond to generate a 3D view that includes every nook and cranny where you can click on any point and get a distance and elevation of an exact point. they are widely used for doing 3D topography in tunnels and caves or mines. I just wonder if that same technology is used in CNC?
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
Deckle's are beautiful machines and extremely accurate, they are kind of a pain to run, the german osha laws are actually stricter than ours here, you have to press one button with your left hand, press one button with you big right toe, press one button with your nose, dial in handle mode with your left hand and hop on your left foot just to open the door. and then the control is siemens which only germans can make sence out of, the instruction manual it is translated from german to chineese to french and then to english just to make to easy to understand.
yeah.. i wouldnt wanna be the guy that has to write those programs.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So is that mastercam system like what we use in surveying?

We use Robotics from time to time which takes over 300 laser shots a millisecond to generate a 3D view that includes every nook and cranny where you can click on any point and get a distance and elevation of an exact point. they are widely used for doing 3D topography in tunnels and caves or mines. I just wonder if that same technology is used in CNC?
Mastercam is a Cad/Cam software, no hardware. Pay your $18k and you get a couple CDs and a couple manuals. Don't forget the thousands of $$$ a year in maint fees also.

You can scan or measure an object and import the data with devices like these. http://www.faro.com/SelectCountry.aspx
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote