Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I hate mud flaps!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation I hate mud flaps!

Have not even put 200 miles on my truck since lifting it and already got pulled over and given a fix it ticket for no mud flaps. Damn it I hate MUD FLAPS! CHP was going the other direction and flipped a bitch to come back and get me. I see so many crazy things on my drive to and from work. Hell last week I took the below picture after watching a CHP drive right on by this dumb ASS!!

RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

I think I've gotten four no front license plate tickets, and two window tint tickets.

Those are the things I hate.

Last time the officer told me because this is a repeat offense, he could impound my car right there on the spot. Still ain't got a front plate and too dark windows.

Not cheap tickets either, ~$250...

Tell him, "Mud flaps are for women, and ...."
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Keep Crawling in Crawling

My windshield loves mudflaps. Colorado has a mudflap law on trucks but not SUV's.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
My windshield loves mudflaps. Colorado has a mudflap law on trucks but not SUV's.
Honestly I have had to replace 3 windshields in my life and every single one was from a light car like a toyota corrola with skinny ass tires on it.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i had my family doctor give write me a prescription for tinted windows because "the sun causes me migraines" so i run 5 percent all around my truck with a 12" "eyebrow" and im totally legal... oh and i recieved that advice from a chp officer too
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Tossin' Salad

DAMN! A mudflap ticket in Ukiah? Hahahaha. Times have changed.

I figured there would be a ton of pickups there with Cow mountain so close.
The only time CHP flipped a bitch on me on the 101 was that damn downhill speed trap coming into Ukiah going northbound. Those bastard CHPs. They know you have to hold the brake all the way down that hill.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
DAMN! A mudflap ticket in Ukiah? Hahahaha. Times have changed.

I figured there would be a ton of pickups there with Cow mountain so close.

Casey

There are tons of Lifted trucks in Ukiah for sure, unfortuantly a lot of them are owned by pot growers so the CHP just profiles
Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

just start smokin grass and tell the doctor you're allergic to rubber
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
There are tons of Lifted trucks in Ukiah for sure, unfortuantly a lot of them are owned by pot growers so the CHP just profiles

Well, simple...just profile back at them. 5am..Pak-n-save parking lot, try to catch one of those cops snorting coke when he thinks no one is looking. Bring a camera.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

When I lived in Southern Oregon, I used to get pulled over at least once a week for lack of mud flaps. Small town and always the same 3 or 4 cops pulling me over. Always happened before I went to work at the late shift at the tv station. I'd always take the "back way" getting out of town to avoid their traps if I was running late. I thought it was funny, they'd laugh too.... Then give me the fix-a-ticket.

I had at least 36" of space between the ground and lowest point at the back of the truck.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
Tossin' Salad

I dont know the rule for size in Oregon, but for Cali the rule is that the mudflap must cover 1/2 of the tire.

I welded some 1.5" (5" long) tubing to my frame on each side. Then, I cut some 1.25" tubing about 15" long and attached rubber foot matts the exact size that I wanted. That kept them off my tail. The 1.5" tubing would slide into the 1.5" tubing, and I would use a pin to secure them....easily removeable when I wheeled.

Casey
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
I dont know the rule for size in Oregon, but for Cali the rule is that the mudflap must cover 1/2 of the tire.

If it's over 18" it needs a flap. I learned that the 4 cities/towns I was in the most in S. Oregon I heard everything from 18"-21".... I stuck with what the state officer told me, 18". Hahahaha....
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Hell ya. I haven't been pulled over yet. My bro either.

Mine has no front bumper, tires stick out like mad, mud flaps are too small, exhaust is loud, etc.

Gotta say, I'm really surprised. I thought I was getting it for sure today, turned right really tight and my spool made my tires bark pretty good (one keeps losing air) Doubt he can hear it though, and he was behind me for a mile.
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I was in my friends Dodge one time going to Cow mountain and we got pulled over in Cloverdale for no mud flaps. The cop was hiding on a dirt road that goes off the highway to get a private road. Luckily the guy was cool and only gave us a warning.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Default Well, look at the bright side...

You now have an excuse to buy a set of those swimsuit girl flaps they have on the back of semis!
neamerjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:51 AM   #17
dnf

I never run flaps on my duallies. when I get pulled over for it,I just use the same line. "Well I'll be a SOB,them SOB's stole em again!" "Its the better part of a $100 to replace em"

I've never got a ticket yet
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #18
D-Wray 4 Prez!

I live in CA. My friends have lifts, no prob with cops. I have a Tundra with flaps. (Too lazy and basicly waiting to put BFG's on, then they will come off) I drove from San Diego CA. to LaCrosse WI. No prob. Driving back... a rock from a mini van chips my windshield. No flaps! Bull Sh!t I tells ya!
Hell I was behind a big rig carrying broken rubble through CO. Dropped a softball size rock out the back, bounced off my drivers side fender...not a mark.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

i have a mini vap chip my windshield but never a 4x4. i dont run flaps and neither does my cousin of friends with lifted trucks. ive got loud exaust, 15% tint, too tall fo the lift law here, and ive only ever been pulled over once for "following too closely" and the sheriff was cool and knew my grandpa and asked if i had been deer hunting yet!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Seriously? Mudflaps? That is why I love Alabama. If you have headlights, taillights, and a license plate you are good to go. Blinkers, exhaust, windshields, doors, etc... are all just suggestions.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote