RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Traxxas Ken Block Rally Car. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/281194-traxxas-ken-block-rally-car.html)

Twiztid Metal 11-16-2010 08:15 AM

Traxxas Ken Block Rally Car.

Traxxas 1/16 VXL Rally Ken Block Gymkhana

Really starting to like the rally sport. and since I'll be getting the new DIRT 3 for xbox 360. this might be really fun to play with.

canadianbacon 11-16-2010 08:18 AM

Is it going to crash into everything when you take it outside?

Twiztid Metal 11-16-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 (Post 2744841)
Is it going to crash into everything when you take it outside?

YEAH! DUH LOL "thumbsup"

Cookie Monster Joe 11-16-2010 09:12 AM

So, are they going to make a 1/32 scale version that Rob Dyrdek will drive? He did the mini rally car on Fantasy Factory with a shifter cart. It was pretty cool. Also, will they make a Pastrana version? Heard he was going to NASCAR next year. :roll: Watever.

SwampDawg 11-16-2010 09:15 AM

its sweet cuz im a big ken block finatic but... 1/16th sucks!
ive got a 1/10th Sprint2 on the way im converting into a rally.
i own the 1/16th E-slash and it sucks lol

Twiztid Metal 11-16-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampDawg (Post 2744930)

Its not how small it is, its how you use it....:roll:

SwampDawg 11-16-2010 10:04 AM

ive always found micros to be rubish!

xmods
miniz
mini-t
and these 1/16th are no different!

cant handle simple bumps in a road nevermind stay stable at any given speeds that claim 50mph? ahahaha my hubs litterly blew apart on my slash before even hitting any speeds near 50mph.

junk.:lmao:

fernando 11-16-2010 11:29 AM

Rally Car

Sweet looking car. Hopefully you can drive it as good as Ken Block.:mrgreen:

BJoe 11-16-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal (Post 2744972)
Its not how small it is, its how you use it....:roll:

Quoted for Truth"thumbsup"

cbr6fs 11-16-2010 04:55 PM

Strange in this day age how a pretty mediocre driver gets a RC car copy, while exceptional drivers like Leob get nothing.

Guess that's the magic of advertising :evil:

DunkinMcNut 11-16-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr6fs (Post 2745757)
Strange in this day age how a pretty mediocre driver gets a RC car copy, while exceptional drivers like Leob get nothing.

Guess that's the magic of advertising :evil:

It;s because he is the ONLY name most Americans would recognize in a line up of Drivers.

He is also a master entrepreneur. Him, Dyrdek and Pastrana have their fingers in everything.

renoirbud 11-16-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampDawg (Post 2744993)
ive always found micros to be rubish!

xmods
miniz
mini-t
and these 1/16th are no different!

cant handle simple bumps in a road nevermind stay stable at any given speeds that claim 50mph? ahahaha my hubs litterly blew apart on my slash before even hitting any speeds near 50mph.

junk.:lmao:

I disagree, I have one and have beat on it. It is absolutely not junk. I put some touring car tires on it and it is a blast in tighter spaces. The harder tires work well in open lots, or on perfect surfaces.

This vehicle is plenty fast on 2 cell lipo's.

The only thing I have damaged is wearing down my body posts and I have blown a shock cap twice.

This is a fast, fun durable vehicle. I will be adding some offroad tires and raising the body a little to mess with it on a off-road track. (body mounts are very adjuatable).

rockmahala 11-16-2010 06:24 PM

they also have one coming out with the 2010 mustang body on it. thats a little more my taste.

motostowes 11-16-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampDawg (Post 2744930)

Me too, That guy is my idol"thumbsup" i own like all his shirts and stuff. that may sound kinda weird.

vonclod 11-16-2010 11:42 PM

they are cool little cars..the scale is more like 1/10m which is the size of the hpi cup racers, abc genetics and tamiya m cars..all have 210mm wb..hpi cars can be lengthened a bit and the width is adjustable from 165-180mm, the traxxass car is 180mm width..so there may be some cool bodies that may fit the traxxas car..i think the hpi porche is a good candidate with the wide fenders
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7211/
i have a mini inferno thats been..um modified a bit:twisted: anyway it been clocked at over 50mph with the stock tires and its very stable..just hard to keep the front end down at any speed..not all mini,s are crap
i like the kb version, mustang looks cool too..need a challenger body"thumbsup"

cbr6fs 11-17-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunkinMcNut (Post 2745930)
It;s because he is the ONLY name most Americans would recognize in a line up of Drivers.

He is also a master entrepreneur. Him, Dyrdek and Pastrana have their fingers in everything.

Now THAT's a shame.

There are loads of decent riders and drivers out there that are entertaining to watch but might not be from our country of origin.

I'm a massive Valentino Rossi fan but last year there were not even any Brits competing in the top class (fixed for next year ;))

No doubt at all that Block is an exceptional advertiser, anyone that disagrees just has to look at how many hits hos vids have.

But as a driver in comparison to other top level drivers he's pretty crap.

So as i say i think that it's a shame that a better advertiser gets a RC shell copied rather than a better driver :evil: