Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Opinion wanted about product idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Opinion wanted about product idea?

I've had this idea in my head off and on for years, but lack the skills to build or who to market it too. This might be long and confusing lol.

I like diecast vehicles, but you never really see any toward offroad (desert racing, rock crawling, short course, etc.). I do know a copy few years ago made some trophy trucks and class 1 buggies. I'm just curious why none of bigger teams or companies haven't seen it as a market. My idea is you could build king of hammers, torc, score based lines, maybe even offer chase/tow rig as option too.

On same note, there is another line too w "toys". I'm sure most played with some monster trucks, tonka toys. Well why couldn't we market that line to kids, and add say Jeep or Toyota with add ons (similar to our RC but less detailed)
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
On same note, there is another line too w "toys". I'm sure most played with some monster trucks, tonka toys. Well why couldn't we market that line to kids, and add say Jeep or Toyota with add ons (similar to our RC but less detailed)
I just bought a cool tonka for my nephew for his birthday(he's a 5yo). It said rock crawler on the box and came with a wrench so you could swap out tires, give it a body lift, add a brush guard, and had a removeable exo cage. Pretty cool i thought, especially for a little kids toy.
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
I just bought a cool tonka for my nephew for his birthday(he's a 5yo). It said rock crawler on the box and came with a wrench so you could swap out tires, give it a body lift, add a brush guard, and had a removeable exo cage. Pretty cool i thought, especially for a little kids toy.
Well looks like Tonka beat me to the punch lol.

I guess something like a static model with more options because honestly my skills are below sub par on building.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote