Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Veteran's Day Disrespect

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
On the lookout for Rocks

Default Veteran's Day Disrespect

Backstory: Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilians that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were.. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

The complaint: Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special? Any response would be appreciated.

The Response: Regarding ‘A wake-up call from Luke’s jets’ On June 15, at precisely 9:12 am . , a perfectly timed four-ship flyby of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day. At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer’s recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I’m sure you didn’t hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son’s flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured.

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, ‘Whom do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their live

constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

That guys farkin mall wouldnt be there if it wasnt for our service men ....... what an asshole!

People need to stop and think about those out protecting what we have and not being able to 'go shopping'.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Look what we in the UK had to deal with on November 11th...utterly disgusting!
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/300144
WolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Isn't that story a few years old??

I live a mile away from luke airforce base...the noise doesn't bother me but some people do bitch about it...just tell them to move or stfu.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Suck it up!

I was always amazed at what people bitched about in Phoenix. They buy a house near Luke and bitch about the jets. They buy a house near Sky Harbor and bitch about those jets too. They buy a house near the freeway and bitch about the traffic noise and smog. Just a bunch of stupid self absorbed crybabies. Yet another reason on my list of things that made me want to move away from there...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I was always amazed at what people bitched about in Phoenix. They buy a house near Luke and bitch about the jets. They buy a house near Sky Harbor and bitch about those jets too. They buy a house near the freeway and bitch about the traffic noise and smog. Just a bunch of stupid self absorbed crybabies. Yet another reason on my list of things that made me want to move away from there...
There a bunch of old people that just move there.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

This is the new America with a large portion of our population who unfortunately only thinks about themselves, better get used to it.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Haha.....here, people just bitch about traffic. They all need to have a huge freaking house, so they buy one out in the burbs (like Cypress ) and then they bitch about the fact that it takes them an hour to get to work in the morning and 2 hours to get home.

When I bought my house in the city, everyone I work with told me I was stupid for paying double the cost for half the house.....but, even in heavy traffic, it only takes me 5 minutes to get home.....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
RCC Addict

The mall here opened up at 12:30pm here on Rememberance Day, stores had Christmas decorations and all that crap up the day after Halloween, and a bunch of fawktards were doing a white poppy campaign because "the red poppy glorifies war"..., it's people like that that would make awesome human shields.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
There a bunch of old people that just move there.
Yes there are. Sun City (where the previously mentioned memorial was held) is a retirement community, 55+ only. With nearly 40,000 residents, it seems to be a pretty popular place to go die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Haha.....here, people just bitch about traffic. They all need to have a huge freaking house, so they buy one out in the burbs (like Cypress ) and then they bitch about the fact that it takes them an hour to get to work in the morning and 2 hours to get home.
Har!

I haven't heard my bro-in-law bitch about traffic yet, though he's from Phoenix too, so he's used to it.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Two things they build out in the middle of nowhere, airports and prisons. The land value drops around those, people buy it up then are shocked to look out their front door in the morning to see a level 4 prison or hear the rumble of a jet engine...

If you were there before it was built, you have a right to bitch...

If it was there when you bought your house, no bitchy for you!!!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You will have same issue no matter where you move Here in Atlanta. Residents near an outdoor amphitheater built in 1946 are now complaining about concert noise.

Funny thing is most home selling in the area advertise they are with in walking distance of the amphitheater
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Funny thing is most home selling in the area advertise they are with in walking distance of the amphitheater
Maybe that's actually a warning....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

You're absolutely right about Phoenix, there are a lot of self absorbed inconsiderate whiny bitches out here.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Its really unfortunate people act like that.....

To bad
KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
You will have same issue no matter where you move
Kinda. I moved from Phoenix to a little Arkansas town with 1000 people in it. There's not much to bitch about. And if you do, you'd better watch how you say it because the person responsible may be standing right in front of you.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

story gave me chills(in a good way ) the friends and family must have been proud! as far as the letter writer bet when he/she got the response she felt about as tall as a grain of sand. people never seem to amaze me.
cascade crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failedabortion View Post
Isn't that story a few years old??

I live a mile away from luke airforce base...the noise doesn't bother me but some people do bitch about it...just tell them to move or stfu.
Yeah, I got this in a email over 2 years ago.
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote