Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Wow!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
0 0

Default Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw this on another forum. Anyone know anything more about this? Pretty F'd up if you ask me. Unnecessary much.............

romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I would own that f'in police dept.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I wonder what the rest of the story is...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

wow that F'up
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

Tell me the rest of the story before I make a decision.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Ide definitely like to know the rest of the story too. But really.... beating the knocked out/dead guy. Is it really worth the consequences I'm sure all of those involved had to go through once this video was seen by the higher ups? I'm sure emotions were involved but if you are in the law enforcement you need to be able to control that.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
Ide definitely like to know the rest of the story too. But really.... beating the knocked out/dead guy. Is it really worth the consequences I'm sure all of those involved had to go through once this video was seen by the higher ups? I'm sure emotions were involved but if you are in the law enforcement you need to be able to control that.
x2 uncalled for
Old 11-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

"Serve, protect, and break a niggas neck..."

Ice Cube.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
0 0

Found a video on youtube

Police Brutality: Five police officers brutally kicked and beat an unconscious suspect after a high-speed chase through Birmingham, Alabama, in an incident caught on camera and discovered a year later.
Video shows one black and four white officers beating and kicking unconscious man ejected from car.

Video shows one black and four white officers beating and kicking unconscious man ejected from car.

The five officers have been fired, Mayor Larry Langford said at a news conference Wednesday. An internal inquiry is continuing.

The dashboard-cam footage, which officials believe was shot in January 2008, was aired for reporters Wednesday. It showed the end of a 100-mile-an-hour police chase of a van driven by Anthony Warren, suspected of illegal drug activity.

Police had chased the van almost 50 miles, winding from downtown Birmingham to suburban Hoover. The video captured the van knocking down a police officer standing on a roadway, then turning up an interstate highway ramp, where it flipped over and rolled into a ditch.

Warren was ejected from the van and stopped moving. The five officers -- one black, four white -- ruthlessly beat the suspect, who is black, the video shows.

A police mug shot taken five days after the beating was posted on the Web site of The Birmingham News. It shows a badly bruised man wearing a neck brace.

Police Chief A.C. Roper told CNN that the video was brought to his attention in March by the district attorney's office, which stumbled upon the footage as it was preparing for Warren's trial.

Warren was charged with attempted murder, but no trial took place because he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of aggravated assault. He is in prison serving a 20-year sentence.

Roper said he was "shocked" to learn of the video and that it had been around for so long without his knowledge.

In addition to a continuing internal investigation that could lead to disciplining supervisors, he said the Alabama Bureau of Investigation is considering criminal charges against the five officers.

Langford said the incident brought back to mind days of segregation and police brutality toward blacks.

"The culture of the past was that police brutality was acceptable," Langford said. "In Birmingham, Alabama, in the present day, it is not acceptable."

Langford said the five officers showed exceptional restraint in chasing the fleeing suspect and performed in exemplary fashion until the last scene caught on the video.

The camera captured 11 seconds of the five officers beating Warren with their fists and batons.
advertisement

"Those 11 seconds will not be tolerated," said Langford, who signed letters of termination for the five officers on Tuesday.

"Over 50 years of combined police experience gone over 11 seconds," he said.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Here you go...The cop's were pissed he almost hit one of thier own. I would of loved to see the police report... he was resisting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tyadcBz4zs
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

He deserved it
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
He deserved it
why?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
PapaGriz Yo

He did hit that officer, caught his leg while trying to run him over.

I'm not saying the officers were right, but some people reap what they sow. I can't say I feel sorry for the guy.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
He did hit that officer, caught his leg while trying to run him over.

I'm not saying the officers were right, but some people reap what they sow. I can't say I feel sorry for the guy.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Uncalled for. It wouldn't matter what the rest of the story was. That guy was knocked out face down when they started beating him! If they do that to a knocked out guy what do they do to compliant guys? Excessive use of force is a understatement here!!!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, this happened about 20 minutes from my house. Both need to be punished IMO.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #17
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Yeah, this happened about 20 minutes from my house. Both need to be punished IMO.
I agree! Looks like the bad guy got 20 years out of it
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Uncalled for. It wouldn't matter what the rest of the story was. That guy was knocked out face down when they started beating him! If they do that to a knocked out guy what do they do to compliant guys? Excessive use of force is a understatement here!!!
yep.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Simple--Brutality at its worse. It doesn't matter what led up to the act of him being beaten the fact of the matter as a police officer you are trained to respond in a particular manner and there is nothing in the book that said what they did was acceptable...
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
Scale Detail Engineering

Maybe they didn't know he was thrown and thought he was running for it. Things get confusing real quick at high speeds...
That aside, I unserstand that the cops were fired up about the whole thing, hitting one of them is surely going to have all of them on you like fly's on sh!t but after the guy doesn't respond to a few hits from a billy club... do you really need to continue?

That guy in the front is a maniac!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacon fail, pigs gone wild, ranovru=butthurt