Thread: Pot heads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
My mouth doesnt know its talking into the phone now does it
My eyes are not looking at the phone now are they
Yes, but your brain is distracted. They have done studies that have proven that talking on the phone (even using a hands free device) distracts drivers.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
So you can dail a number or find a name in your phone with out looking? Dial yes (voice dial), find a name no

Whatever ear your phone is on, you can turn your whole body to look in that blind spot and still be looking ahead? When your phone rings You can find it with out looking for it? Yes, hands free setup routed through the car stereo, button on steering wheel to answer

I know phones have voise dial but you still got to look at it to find the button to push to speak that name or number. not with a hands free system
The above is optimal and counting on having some cool technology in the car, but it is possible. 99% of drivers don't have this though and are a detriment to those around them. And it is still a distraction, though having a conversation with a passenger is no less a distraction.

I do not have one of those systems and I am guilty of messing with my phone while in the drivers seat of my car, stopped at a red light. If the car is moving the phone stays put until I can stop and respond to the text. If it is a phone call I do have a bluetooth headset and can answer by touching my ear, never taking eyes off the road, though usually wait until stopped.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Even with bluetooth and hands free your mind is not in the enviroment your body is in. I will say that they do make things a little safer its not a 100% and Nobody drives at 100% this is my whole point.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

id much rather have a 30+ year old stoned guy behind me than a 17 year old girl on her I-phone.

Fact of the matter is that there are many different ways to be just as distracted driving as you would be stoned.

And in relation to the OP, yea the guy's THC levels didnt help the situation.

But him driving under the influence has nothing to do with the fact he smokes pot.

He is an idiot that smokes pot while driving.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Even with bluetooth and hands free your mind is not in the enviroment your body is in. I will say that they do make things a little safer its not a 100% and Nobody drives at 100% this is my whole point.
I agree completely. I was just stating that there are devices to make it safer than phone to ear.

Talking hands free is on the same level as holding a conversation with a passenger, or driving a van full of noisy kids.

There are a million distractions, it is our responsibility as drivers to limit the ones we succumb too.

No one is perfect and I will be the first to point out my flaws. I do make an effort to limit them when driving a lethal weapon though.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Here is the deal and why I think the way I do about pot/dope/reefer or dog shi t for that matter.

In my younger teenage years, I smoked also. Thought it was cool at the time. Also drank alot which ended me up taking outpatient treatment my sophmore year in HS.

MY friends that were straight A students at the time got into it also. I look at them now and they can not even hold down a job painting walls for a living muchless anything else. They can't drive because they lost their liscenses and are unable to get them back because of their actions while under the influence of dope. Dam near 40 years old and they live at home with mommy and daddy.

As for alcohol, I do just fine with or without it. I don't need it to live. I probly drink less then a case of beer a year and that includes my annual bender (stupid night) that I go on. I leave the car at home, catch a ride up town, get stupid as all getout and the wife comes and gets me at closing time. I don't drink anything alcoholic if I have to drive, PERIOD. I hold a comercial class A liscense and drive a truck for a living to put food on the table. Not going to phuck that up.

As for the phone thing, I am here to tell you that even with a handsfree device or blue tooth, it does distract you. I do not use my phone while driving,especially the truck if I can help it. If the boss is calling then I will answer it with my bluetooth and the convo is short and sweet. I mean less then a min. I won't answer it unless I am on the open road and there is NO traffic. Not even if it is the boss. That is what voice mail if for. When all is clear then I can quickly check it and call when conditions are better or I am stopped. Someone said something about a 3000lb death machine, well when loaded I am over 100,000 lbs gross weight. No one wins if I get into a serious accident in the truck, someone will most likely die and I will definatly be done driving comercially for the rest of my life.

I used to talk on my phone with my headset all the time. What got me to stop was that a couple times, after I got done with the phone, I started thinking, did I check to make sure the lane was clear after I passed that car? Did I do this, or that? I just was not paying close attention to what I was doing. Hell I won't hardly even grab the mic for my CB these days.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
Here is the deal and why I think the way I do about pot/dope/reefer or dog shi t for that matter.

In my younger teenage years, I smoked also. Thought it was cool at the time. Also drank alot which ended me up taking outpatient treatment my sophmore year in HS.

MY friends that were straight A students at the time got into it also. I look at them now and they can not even hold down a job painting walls for a living muchless anything else. They can't drive because they lost their liscenses and are unable to get them back because of their actions while under the influence of dope. Dam near 40 years old and they live at home with mommy and daddy.

As for alcohol, I do just fine with or without it. I don't need it to live. I probly drink less then a case of beer a year and that includes my annual bender (stupid night) that I go on. I leave the car at home, catch a ride up town, get stupid as all getout and the wife comes and gets me at closing time. I don't drink anything alcoholic if I have to drive, PERIOD. I hold a comercial class A liscense and drive a truck for a living to put food on the table. Not going to phuck that up.

As for the phone thing, I am here to tell you that even with a handsfree device or blue tooth, it does distract you. I do not use my phone while driving,especially the truck if I can help it. If the boss is calling then I will answer it with my bluetooth and the convo is short and sweet. I mean less then a min. I won't answer it unless I am on the open road and there is NO traffic. Not even if it is the boss. That is what voice mail if for. When all is clear then I can quickly check it and call when conditions are better or I am stopped. Someone said something about a 3000lb death machine, well when loaded I am over 100,000 lbs gross weight. No one wins if I get into a serious accident in the truck, someone will most likely die and I will definatly be done driving comercially for the rest of my life.

I used to talk on my phone with my headset all the time. What got me to stop was that a couple times, after I got done with the phone, I started thinking, did I check to make sure the lane was clear after I passed that car? Did I do this, or that? I just was not paying close attention to what I was doing. Hell I won't hardly even grab the mic for my CB these days.

And that right there is why I declined to get my CDL. Because with todays idiots on the road I do not want the responsibility of all that. No matter how carefull you are theres always someone else that is an independent variable. Day in and day out in that kind of work, its not a matter of if, but when.

There are plenty of nice paying fields today that dont require drug tests. I dont knock you for one second for giving up smoking/drinking (for the most part) in order to hold a job. But thats your choice. Just a matter of what youre willing to give up.

Its the same reason youll never see a 300lb woman become a physical trainer. She doesnt want to give up those big macs. But shes perfectly able to sit behind a desk & make 50-60k.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

There is no way any rational person can argue that talking on the phone while driving is not impairing their abilities.
Study after study after study has proved beyond any doubt to the contrary.

Have a read through the wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...driving_safety
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Wow talk about thread hijacking.....

I dont think you can put 100% of the blame on the pot for turning a A student teenager, into a low life adult. Theres a million different factors that contribute to that.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
This thread is lame!!

........ almost everyone else wants to bash all pot heads for this one dip****. I hope everyone of you thinks of this thread the next time you get in a accdent, cause I know everyone of you are not perfect dirvers but just like to jump on the band wagen and bitch like all good citzens. Just cause you smell weed dose not mean that was the cause of the crash. It could of been a number of other things. People will never be safe or perfect you can keep wishing but at some point people will cry,kick, scream that its there way or no way. You all can keep your lableing and finger pointing just remember the finger will at some point be pointed at you.

Where is the lil fkn pissed off face?

Seeing as how this has some how gone to pot head argument and strayed off subject ill share alil more into my hatred for fkn stoners,pot heads, what ever!!!!!!!!!

Here is the deal bubba I hate pot heads. If I had a choice I would take all there stupid asses out. I have been in three wrecks and lost a fiance due to ****ing pot heads so yes I have every reason to talk shit about them. I've never been whack by a drunk or cell phone talker or any of the other mentioned just FK'N pot heads. When you have 3 cars, a true '78 Iroc Z28, 72 GMC Sierra street rod, an now this one, get taken away by some jack ass that thought it would be funny to get high then go for a sack of fkn chips or what ever then you can judge me for hating on them. Oh and to all you smart asses that said I need to get my man pants on now you know why I drive what I drive. Now I dont knock thoes who gave it up but thoes who do use or drink and then pilot a car can kiss my ASS!

Now that that is out of the way if anybody wants a nice bike lemme know what you will offer for it. The adjuster totaled the car out and I will only have a dodge rental for a couple weeks before I will have to start paying for it. The insurance company is offering 6k for the car but hell I owe 6900 on the damn thing.That is all I know for now will fill you guys in more later.

Now where did I put that damn turkey. 101

The whole point to my sharing this is to show the kids and teens what happens when you do stupid shit and what could happen when....................to show them that there is consequences to their action not to start a fight.

Last edited by bent; 12-07-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added to post
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Dont hate me dude.

But I dont think you could take me out. not a big mean guy, i just own guns.

And if you didnt hate me, maybe we could shoot guns and drink beer together?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
maybe we could shoot guns and drink beer together?
Leave the shit at home. But I prefer something harder than beer.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

See dude?

we could totally be friends!

We could just drink this bottle of green label and bash trucks!

As a representative of all decent folk who blaze, i almost want to send you a new bottle for your mishap!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Yes, but your brain is distracted. They have done studies that have proven that talking on the phone (even using a hands free device) distracts drivers.
i 100% agree..anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves..sorry when your in an intersection trying to make a left and your lookihg at the light, the pedestrians, the traffic your going to tell me you have full 100% attention whils on the phone at the time..i can admit its distracting and dangerouse..not everyone is the same but we arent that much different either..ironic thing here with our cellphone ban is hands free is allowed
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent View Post
due to ****ing pot heads
Yeah you should add "driving" to that. I dont want to kill all people who drink alcohol since it killed my mother but drunk drivers - sure! Sorry for your loss man.
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
Dont hate me dude.

But I dont think you could take me out. not a big mean guy, i just own guns.

And if you didnt hate me, maybe we could shoot guns and drink beer together?
ya hate is a pretty strong word..i,ve been blazing for 25 years and have never done anything stupid related to it that had any bad results for anyone but me..lol..because i feel at the core of it..i,m not stupid..i dont blaze and drive nor do i drink period..i think you might find most people who blaze are no different than the op who likes a drink of the hard stuff now and agian..not very different at all..anyone who partakes in whatever tickles your fancy just need to use common sense
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #117
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
i,m not stupid...
And really this is what this is about, stupid people. I could ingest enough pixie sticks to make me goofy, get behind the wheel and hit somebody. Its not the sugars fault I had an accident, it's mine.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
And really this is what this is about, stupid people. I could ingest enough pixie sticks to make me goofy, get behind the wheel and hit somebody. Its not the sugars fault I had an accident, it's mine.
id like to think i,m not stupid anyway..;p;..jury is still out
Old 12-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Exactly!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent View Post
Id rather ride a rebel as a first bike than a Harley. Beside Harley is just a name anymore.
LOL!! Sit on one and ride one then. You'll realize that its not just a name.....

I've ridden a Rebel, I'll stick with my Harley.
You know I'm just giving you a hard time! All that matters is that you ride

Last edited by jcboof; 12-07-2010 at 06:52 PM.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote