Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Motor Section?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Motor Section?

I just noticed we have a "Tires & wheels" section and a "radios, servos & batteries " section. How about a motor section.....................We have all seen " Where can I get a lathe motor?" question about a 1000 times.

Make that a sticky in the motor section
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Motor Section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx
I just noticed we have a "Tires & wheels" section and a "radios, servos & batteries " section. How about a motor section.....................We have all seen " Where can I get a lathe motor?" question about a 1000 times.

Make that a sticky in the motor section
We should really change the Batteries/Servos/Radios Section to Electronics to encompass all that.

Once I get mod privlages I am going to put a FAQ about all the popular things and sticky them (IE how to I get clod axles in the Clod Section, and ESC/Servo/Radio FAQ in that section, etc)

I'm praying that will stop the dumb questions.

We have been getting a TON of newbies lately!! Cool that this place is getting super popular, but at the same time, I'm getting mildly annoyed!
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave

We should really change the Batteries/Servos/Radios Section to Electronics to encompass all that.
I respectfully disagree...........I think you need to specialize the sections not dump everything together. That way newbs can find it easier.

As far as getting annoyed by newbies.............you took the wrong job at the wrong time. With all the magazine coverage, and the 1:1/RC Event being planned this spring.........this place will be flooded with them.

I will dig and search for information, but it would be nice if the stickys in each section had that informatiom already there.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:

I respectfully disagree...........I think you need to specialize the sections not dump everything together. That way newbs can find it easier.

As far as getting annoyed by newbies.............you took the wrong job at the wrong time. With all the magazine coverage, and the 1:1/RC Event being planned this spring.........this place will be flooded with them.

I will dig and search for information, but it would be nice if the stickys in each section had that informatiom already there.
We also don't need 10,000 different sections. They don't get a ton of traffic as is, so adding another subject to the bunch isn't going to hurt a damn thing, I've gone over this with Jason. We don't want 30 pages of sections, thats why he went through and tried to crop them down and push them together.

And as for me taking the wrong job at the wrong time.. I'm doing fine, its just slightly frustrating having to answer the same question several times. I'm still going to do it, and overall I'm enjoying it. So don't jump to assumptions and tell me what I should or should not do.

EDIT: I apologize if that came across harshly, I just don't want my thoughts/posts to be misinterpreted.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:25 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We also don't need 10,000 different sections....... We don't want 30 pages of sections...........

So don't jump to assumptions and tell me what I should or should not do.
First of all I said, "respectfully disagree”

I made (1) valid suggestion not 10,000 in respect to the constant motor posts that won't take up 30 pages.

As far as making assumptions I did no such thing. I just made a comment about to amount of incoming newbies, and your upcoming workload.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
As far as getting annoyed by newbies.............you took the wrong job at the wrong time.
That seems an awful lot like a statement, excuse my misjudgement :P

I realize its only one forum, but after just one here and one there.. It'll get up there, and then we'll be like all the others
Old 11-15-2004, 08:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Thats cool.............reading the same posts over and over again dosn't bother me.

In fact some times I print them out and put them in a notebook that I carry around!

If you don't believe me........ ask JasonInAugusta he has seen it..........

I know its a little insane, but it helps when I go to the hardware store and hobby shop
Old 11-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats cool.............reading the same posts over and over again dosn't bother me.

In fact some times I print them out and put them in a notebook that I carry around!

If you don't believe me........ ask JasonInAugusta he has seen it..........

I know its a little insane, but it helps when I go to the hardware store and hobby shop
Nothing wrong with being over organized! (It sure is better than where I am!)
Old 11-15-2004, 09:24 PM   #9
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Once I get mod privlages I am going to put a FAQ about all the popular things and sticky them (IE how to I get clod axles in the Clod Section, and ESC/Servo/Radio FAQ in that section, etc.
Dave,

I have been working on a road map type of FAQ for the newbies so maybe we can work together (I know ) and cover pretty much every common (rccrawler approved) motor/ESC/batts common question.

I would like to keep it extrelemy clean and very easy to read otherwise the newbs are not going to read it.

Fishmaxx,

I do not think we need a seperate motor section, we already have a electronic section which can/should be used.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:40 PM   #10
R.I.P. Chip

ok here's what I did. I changed the radios, batteries, and servos section to the electronics section. It has the subtitle of ESCs, Radios, Servos, Motors, and Batteries.

I'm off to move some threads around...
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:17 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I win
Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I did not know we were keeping score
Old 11-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Jason since there's now a better place for it could you move my post on Johnson 550 Motors to the electronics section? Thanks.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote