Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Need some help deciding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Need some help deciding

So I was planning on getting my kids honcho's and comp rigs to run with me at comps since they enjoy it. They have been bugging me over the last year about getting bow's after hanging out with the 4H archery team last summer which I thought about doing. Now the time has come to make a financial decision as they are only going to be able to get one of them.

I start school back up on the 3rd of Jan. to continue to get to my goals so with school and work I don't see my comp future looking very bright over the next 15 months of school. Which brings me to know this industry a ton can change fast. Which means if I take a step back for school I should sell before they become obsolete.

Next after talking to the archery shop 9 miles from my house today they offer a family membership for $120 a year which includes unlimited use of the club house, outdoor ranges, covered out door ranges, and 3D walking range that all are lit up and can be used any time night or day. Not only that but they can also earn scholarships for college through competing with the club. So at this point I'm looking at the archery option being a cheaper family activity for the year but also an over all great chance to spend time teaching my kids another one of my passions.

So here is my hard decision as they would rather have both lol. Do I sell my R/C crap and take a break while I'm busy in school since I will be working weekends and wont have anyone to get them to comps or keep it and wait knowing it will be collecting dust as the time goes by. The fun decisions parents get to make over time lol. Either that or kill the extended warranty on my Honda and use that money but What ever I do I need to decide fast as I want to surprise them on Christmas.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo View Post
So I was planning on getting my kids honcho's and comp rigs to run with me at comps since they enjoy it. They have been bugging me over the last year about getting bow's after hanging out with the 4H archery team last summer which I thought about doing. Now the time has come to make a financial decision as they are only going to be able to get one of them.

I start school back up on the 3rd of Jan. to continue to get to my goals so with school and work I don't see my comp future looking very bright over the next 15 months of school. Which brings me to know this industry a ton can change fast. Which means if I take a step back for school I should sell before they become obsolete.

Next after talking to the archery shop 9 miles from my house today they offer a family membership for $120 a year which includes unlimited use of the club house, outdoor ranges, covered out door ranges, and 3D walking range that all are lit up and can be used any time night or day. Not only that but they can also earn scholarships for college through competing with the club. So at this point I'm looking at the archery option being a cheaper family activity for the year but also an over all great chance to spend time teaching my kids another one of my passions.

So here is my hard decision as they would rather have both lol. Do I sell my R/C crap and take a break while I'm busy in school since I will be working weekends and wont have anyone to get them to comps or keep it and wait knowing it will be collecting dust as the time goes by. The fun decisions parents get to make over time lol. Either that or kill the extended warranty on my Honda and use that money but What ever I do I need to decide fast as I want to surprise them on Christmas.
I would say the archery,esecially if the 4h does the archery, they will probably get more out of that than hanging out with grown men who still play with thier toy trucks.

You can always get back into rc later,learning a real skill like archery is no comparison IMO.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Suck it up!

I'd say box up the rc stuff and shelf it. Its paid for, and unless someone comes up with a revolutionary development in crawler technology that everyone flocks to, you're year old gear should still be viable when and if you return. Should your family not take to archery as you think they might, you wouldn't be left empty handed either.

Get the bows and the membership, have fun with your family.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote