Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: ...It's Time....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

i know what your going through (just not to your extent) i picked up the radio last weekend for the first time in nearly a month and a half. sure ive been on the board just havent driven my rigs untill our first snow, as ive been concentrating on keeping my grades up in school, up comming finals, the loss of friend, and some other personal issues. but i use rc as a get away like i do hunting here in the fall and winter. i apriceate your advice you have given me and all that you've given rcc members, good luck man.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I know how you feel Chris.... It's a never ending battle sometimes.

Balancing a Life, Family, Kids, Work and being a Vendor on here brings so much more work for not much pay. Makes things rough. I don't think anyone can really understand till they have been a Vendor for a while.

I hope you can find your peace and get your Life back...

Good Luck Chris...
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for all the great tech and info that you've shared with us and best of luck in your future endeavours
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #24
Try to Bend it

Hey Chris best of luck for what ever the future holds. I have not been in the hobby long but from what I have seen you are funny guy with the brains to match.

I know we will see you again in some way or shape in the future.

Thanks for the laughs and thanks for the Av. It still beguiles me every time I see it.

Cheers
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:23 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

You guys are all great. It is nice to know that I wasn't a COMPLETE joke on here

I just posted a for sale thread. Not a whole lot. But have a look. I will post a link in the original post when it is approved. Have a look. Maybe there is something you can use.

Thanks again fells for everything. And don't hesitate to PM/Email/Call/Text me to flip me sh!t. I will still be around, but have developed a lot of friendships through this hobby.
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:07 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Hot Damn Chris! Hope you get this under control. I've been in R/C since 1984 and have been through many ups and downs and phases. Back in and back out, etc. If it's really that big of a problem then you do need to chill.

Not too long ago I sold out of vintage R/C and probably recouped less than half of the thousands spent over the years. Yes it was fun building nearly every tamiya and all maruis, and also collecting them - mint new builds and nib, but not financially worth it. Would I trade the experience, no. I have builds all around the world - literally - and it makes me feel good when one of the current owners chimes in to let me know how they're doing, and what they've been collecting. But it's done and I've moved on.

Also sold all out of 1/8 scale truggies and buggies recently to focus more on crawling. Can't afford to have too many hobbies! It's all about moderation. Now if I had millions in the bank, I wouldn't worry so much

I also had an addiction that nearly ruined me too. Women. Couldn't get enough of them. I'd see one and want her. Then after I'd had her then I'd see the next one and had to get her too. And so on, and so on, and so on. Friends wives, girlfriends, their girlfriends - if they were a "Go Girl" then I was on it. I ruined multiple relationships and almost lost the best woman in my life.

Do what you got to do and take care of yourself. Don't let anything control you like this and do what you need to to keep moving forward.

I know for sure that you'll be back someday. We all come back to R/C

And like eviltwin said, R/C is a hell of a lot cheaper than anything 1:1
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Chris, hope it all works out and best of luck in what ever you decide to do.

Certainly will miss you being on here so much but understand that this happens.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #28
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
I just posted a for sale thread. Not a whole lot. But have a look. I will post a link in the original post when it is approved. Have a look. Maybe there is something you can use.
Will you be considering trades?

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Will you be considering trades?

LOL. you're just not right sometimes...

Chris, I completely understand where you are coming from. I went through the same issues myself... I've been into RC for over 20 years. My addiction came to a head after 7 years managing a LHS. It was great when I started working there... but by the time my second daughter came along I was already spinning out of control. I had no control on my spending (over $40k in a 4 year period at the worst of the worst times) or time spent when it came to racing. I was working at the shop for 10-11 hours, 6 days a week and then spending my entire day off racing. I would get home at 2 or 3 in the morning, stinking of traction compound, and not have a damn thing to show for any of it. The wife was always pissed because I was spending my home time cycling cells, building motors, or tearing my cars apart instead of having family time. One day I realized that there was more to life than RC, and I walked away from all RC for about 2 years. I got my family back as well as my sanity. To this day, I refuse to even go watch a carpet race because I know I will be right back there again. I know once I do, I'll be in it to win it again. I can never be a "weekend" racer because I know that I'll never be able to control it. I now have a touring car, but its all about looking pimp cruising in front of my house. I hope that one day you can enjoy this as a hobby again like I have been able to.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
LOL. you're just not right sometimes...

Chris, I completely understand where you are coming from. I went through the same issues myself... I've been into RC for over 20 years. My addiction came to a head after 7 years managing a LHS. It was great when I started working there... but by the time my second daughter came along I was already spinning out of control. I had no control on my spending (over $40k in a 4 year period at the worst of the worst times) or time spent when it came to racing. I was working at the shop for 10-11 hours, 6 days a week and then spending my entire day off racing. I would get home at 2 or 3 in the morning, stinking of traction compound, and not have a damn thing to show for any of it. The wife was always pissed because I was spending my home time cycling cells, building motors, or tearing my cars apart instead of having family time. One day I realized that there was more to life than RC, and I walked away from all RC for about 2 years. I got my family back as well as my sanity. To this day, I refuse to even go watch a carpet race because I know I will be right back there again. I know once I do, I'll be in it to win it again. I can never be a "weekend" racer because I know that I'll never be able to control it. I now have a touring car, but its all about looking pimp cruising in front of my house. I hope that one day you can enjoy this as a hobby again like I have been able to.

Thanks man. You pretty much described me with crawlers. I did the math, and I honestly spent closer to 10k plus a year to RC, with nothing to show for it. Oh well. I am hoping to come back once I get my feet off the ground with photography. We will see how well I can control it then lol
Old 12-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks man. You pretty much described me with crawlers. I did the math, and I honestly spent closer to 10k plus a year to RC, with nothing to show for it. Oh well. I am hoping to come back once I get my feet off the ground with photography. We will see how well I can control it then lol
It gets better. Once I was away and focusing on other things, I didnt even miss it. The only thing I missed was hanging with my friends that I had made while racing, but they understood where I was and why I was changing my ways... hell, one of them even hooked me up with my job that I have now. Now, RC is completely different for me. I enjoy it as a hobby again. Good luck with your photography and enjoy yourself and your life for a while.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Good luck to you Chris, I've been there, (flyrods not rc, $100k in 10 yrs ) and when you see your passion consume your life not compliment it , somethings gotta go.

Any chance you'd auction the avatar off ? If so I'd start the bidding at $40 hehehehe

All the best

Martin
Walldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

lol. Nope, the avy is mine! I love it. I am not going anywhere, and need to maintain the rep
Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Good luck, and I hope everything works out for the best.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #35
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walldog View Post
Any chance you'd auction the avatar off ? If so I'd start the bidding at $40 hehehehe
I'll see your $40 and raise it by a pounds of bacon.

It is sad to see a well loved vendor go. Hopefully your situation will iron out and you can get back into the hobby someday
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Thanks man. I will still be here as a vendor and friend. Not as a crawler though.

And FYI, Highlucks, I want your avatar! Or, rather, the full size image!

That would make a great background
Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
lol. Nope, the avy is mine! I love it. I am not going anywhere, and need to maintain the rep
That's just selfish

Hehehehehehehehehehe
Walldog is offline   Reply With Quote