Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Asked to leave the park because of RC, should I go back?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Yeah....then Jeff made the mistake of asking the Forest Circus monkeys about running scale trucks on national forest land and was told by the ranger that we could get the same fines/punishment as if we were caught driving a 1:1 vehicle off the designated trails.
Then he asked about a permit for it and they said a study would have to be done on the possibility of scaring the birds and squirrels.
How friggin stupid is that??
Telling me that while we're out camping, if I let my 3 year old play with his walmart RC truck off the designated roads/trails the ranger is gonna give him a ticket???
Forests are broken down into districts. Each district has a ranger. All the others are not rangers. You are probably encountering recreation people.
If this happens in the future, ask them to show you where in 36CFR it says this is a problem. If that cant be done, then ask them to show you a forest order that says its a problem. They likely wont have a copy of either on them. Do be aware, that they can decide that a paint ball gun, or an airgun is a firearm - which is not actually true, but hey its the govt. You are dealing with FPO's - forest protection officers typically, which are just USFS emp's that have some training and can issue tickets. They have very limited authority and abilities. The worst the ticket can be is $50

One thing to do is find the district office, and ask to speak to the recreation officer, and or the district ranger. I really dont see the problem, unless its some sensitive area, then begs the question, why is camping allowed?

Now heres where the fun part begins, well, if you get a ticket. Its your decision, and if you do it, play it right. First, you do have the option of appearing in court - at the time you get the ticket you tell them, you want "appear in court checked" - once that is done though, you cant change your mind. If the person is a jerk, you might be able to get them to check of "must appear in court" - just dont push things to far to get him to do it. The important part here, is getting him to do it without asking you.

Thing is, nothing pisses a federal magistrate more than some idiot baby leo making someone appear in court, for farting in the woods, and the wasting his/her and the courts time - you are expected to have a pretty damn good reason to drag joe public into the court - and even if you do, you better hope the magistrate is in good mood, thinks its important, or even gives a rip. They have to deal with actual criminals, and you are of no importance in the scope of things. On the other hand, if you piss of the magistrate, they can up the penalty - but it takes a pretty big idiot to do that. Also, they can get you with a state "fish and game, game and fish, etc.) reg. Say you are fishing without a lic., state FG comes along, and fines you. Next, an FS baby leo comes along, and they can fine you again. They cant get you with any municipal regs.

Last edited by entropy; 01-02-2011 at 08:32 AM.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

down at a state park here (falls of the Ohio - a huge bed of rock) we have no problems, actually i think one of the rangers has a lcc.

they let people fish and all that stuff, and have no problems with crawlers.
losilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losilover View Post
down at a state park here (falls of the Ohio - a huge bed of rock) we have no problems, actually i think one of the rangers has a lcc.

State parks and Natl Parks should be far more restrictive, so I dont know what the FS deal is.

Cuzican - what forest were you on? Notice you are in Montana.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #44

I thought the same thing but when the JUDGE told me I was wrong and HAD TO PAY A FINE!!!
gernade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Weve never had any real problems where we crawl. cops have showed up asked what we was doin and asked what was the best crawler to buy, hung out for a bit then drove off.
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=dont slow down;2830943] I started driving around and not 5 minutes later a golf cart with two maintenance guys pulled up.:
QUOTE]
OK please don't flame me I only read the first page. But does no one else see irony in the fact that these dillweeds rolled up in a golfcart?
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:12 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Bukwylde;2855291]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
I started driving around and not 5 minutes later a golf cart with two maintenance guys pulled up.:
QUOTE]
OK please don't flame me I only read the first page. But does no one else see irony in the fact that these dillweeds rolled up in a golfcart?

1. asking what you are doing = $5

2. telling you, your RC is a motor vehicle = $25

3. driving up in a golf cart to tell you #1 and 2 = priceless!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #48

hay if u go to the beach watch ware you drive. in datona the beach patrol asked me to stay of a part of the sand whare sea turtles may have layed ther eggs other than that thay wer fine with me running my cars on the beach,
have fun crawling out ther!
gohstwrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
Is say go back I take my mini Revo to the park and scare the ducks, btw some old lady thought I was going to run over her granddaughter
thanks for being the douchbag that has created the problem for the rest of us..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

theres a bylaw here that states rc,s are not allowed in public parks..i,m sure this was a blanket rule more geared towards aircraft..a few of my buddies actually built a small track in one of our neigborhood parks and we run there quite a bit with the 1/10 buggys and trucks and mini stuff, the bylaw people have come to us and let us know its not allowed but the fact is we arent bothering anyone and its kept the crackheads away so they are ok with us..there is even a picture of the track with a few cars running on the parks website..even though its illegal..lol
talk to them and show your doing no harm..you taxes are payin for it
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losilover View Post

Falls is a great place to crawl, I just wish parking was free and it wasnt under water right now. I think alot of the reason we go there is because generally we're seen as being some of the cleaner - less problematic people that enjoy the park. I wish they'd ban fishing there, just to get rid of that damn fishing line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Douchebag
Is say go back I take my mini Revo to the park and scare the ducks, btw some old lady thought I was going to run over her granddaughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Douchebag
I wasn't even going fast maybe 2-3mph near the playground, I only go fast in fields and the park never has anyone over watching it
Again, thanks for being the no-good douche bag that makes the rest of the hobby look terrible. Kindy piss off.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Again, thanks for being the no-good douche bag that makes the rest of the hobby look terrible. Kindy piss off.
x2. It's guys like this that ruin it for the rest of us. You get some idiot rc'er who tears up the park, scares off wildlife, litters, swears, pisses in full view of everyone and guess what, blanket policy of no rc's allowed enforced.

Same thing happens for any activity. 1:1 offroading, mountain biking, dog walking, etc. If everyone was responsible, we wouldn't have these issues.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
ya that shit right there is the problem..allways one iun the crowd to ruin it for the rest.. scareing old people and animals is sure to endear you((and the rest of us by default) with the parks oeople

Last edited by vonclod; 04-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

There are a lot of places I'm sure under the misnomer that RC cars are loud, obnoxious, grass eating tihngs. No matter how quiet and innocent it may look at the moment, but at any moment the beast will be released!
Most people I talk to with no knowledge of RC cars/trucks seem to think they're "gas".
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #55
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
If I even see little kids around I just leave or try to find an empty area because you know they are really curious and want to touch, chase, drive or just stand around. I'm not taking any chances w/a kid, especially with a fast rc... Hell, you may not even touch the kid w/the car but if they wipe out and crack their head open you can bet your butt the parents will be pointing the finger (and lawyer) at you.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
If I even see little kids around I just leave or try to find an empty area because you know they are really curious and want to touch, chase, drive or just stand around. I'm not taking any chances w/a kid, especially with a fast rc... Hell, you may not even touch the kid w/the car but if they wipe out and crack their head open you can bet your butt the parents will be pointing the finger (and lawyer) at you.
x2, even in a neighboorhood street isnt the best place to play, ive seen a 5 year old kid get laid out by a revo running about 30mph!

lucky for me ive got endless amounts of acreage to play on with rc's
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Had alot more probs when i had drippy nitros, thanks that those days are over. Bottom line is that rc's aren't vehicles. A vehicle transports persons or property, my rc drives around in circles.

Like i say to those when confronted: just ask me to leave and i will respectfully. Don't hide behind rules and ignorance.

I try not to be the bad apple that new rules are based upon
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Yup...

I'd ask for clarification on what they mean by 'no motorized vehicles', I'm sure they mean ones you can sit in and ride.
Depends on how they read the rules. One of our club members asked a forest circus monkey about holding a comp or GTG on national forest land and was told no. No motorized vehicles means no motorized vehicles no matter how big or small they may be.

Personally I would just go back.....when confronted again I would tell them that when they show you legitimate documentation showing that RC vehicles are illegal to run in the park then you will leave, but not before.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #59
Scale Detail Engineering

Do they have the right to confiscate your property if it/you are in violation of park rules?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote