RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Local Portland, Oregon Hobby shops (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/29319-local-portland-oregon-hobby-shops.html)

Slim 03-28-2006 10:59 PM

Local Portland, Oregon Hobby shops

Hey guys in the portland metro area.
i'm making a list of hobbyshops so i can buy from there and make fun of Hobby town USA. So i need help with some hobbyshops.

Name and directions would be great!

so "The List"

1. HobbyTown USA
2. Aero Sports and hobbies
3. Tammies
any others?

toyofast 03-28-2006 11:22 PM

Aero is a joke. Unless you are wanting to live in a dusty broom closet and want a model airplane, just turn the other way.

Tammies Hobbies
12024 S.W. Canyon Rd.
Beaverton, OR
(503)-644-4535

Tammies is the best and #1 source for Crawler parts. Ryan is tops for getting the right stuff. Check out the new ORCRC forum for his updates on kiler deals @ Tammies Hobbies.

Coyote Hobbies
1128 Main Street
Oregon City, OR
(503)-656-2171

Although Coyote Hobbies is more of a heli/plane shop they do have a few items towards crawlers. Servos and misc items come in handy especially since they are close to most of the crawling locations.

Hobby Town
8952 S.E. Sunnyside Rd.
Clackamas, OR
(503)-652-5899

Laugh if you want but I've been able to find a good amount of goodies at this location. Pinion and spur gears, 55 turn motors, esc's, servos, lots of bodies, always have Pro-Line tires in stock, and lots of other items the main shops run out of.

HobbyTown
8720 N.E. Centerpointe Dr. Suite 219
Vancouver, WA
(360)-823-0904

Never really bought right from them but have had the Clackamas store ship things over so I could pick them up after work rather than having to drive my *** to The 'Couve.

RC Modeler Northwest
17140 S.W. Shaw St.
Beaverton, OR
(503)-649-0633

If Tammies doesn't have it, run down the road a few miles to Modeler NW and check there. They too try to stay stocked up on Crawler parts. I've bought plenty of tires, wheels, bodies from them in the past.

RC Plus
1685 25th Street
Salem, OR 97302
(503) 364-9188

This was the #1 spot for Crawlers. They still stay up to date mostly on Crawler parts and goodies. If you are in this area, make a stop and see Ron. He'll dig out the Crawler stuff for you.

A-Main Raceway/Hometown Hobbies
8041 SE McGloughlin Blvd
Portland, OR 97202
(In the process of moving from "The 'Couve"

Have been great with the Crawling crowd. I predict that they will make the move to #1 for Crawlers in the year or so. With their location being very close to the best PDX crawling location they will do very well.

There, I'm now tired and must go to bed. The drunken'ness has worn off... thanks a lot. Go to the new ORCRC form for local information!!

Slim 03-28-2006 11:25 PM

they have touring car parts right?

toyofast 03-28-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim
they have touring car parts right?

Who?

Collapse_The_Masses 03-29-2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyofast
Aero is a joke. Unless you are wanting to live in a dusty broom closet and want a model airplane, just turn the other way.

Yeah...I have to say I agree. I never did like going there.