View Poll Results: What would you do?
Lift 10 76.92%
Sell 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #1

Default Jeep

Just searching for another opinion or two...anybody 'round here like Jeep Wagoneers? I have an all original 1974 model. I'm thinking 2 options:
1) Sell it (which so far has been very hard even for $1000)
2) Lift it and see just what the quadra-trac will do (spend a $1000)

Really, I just happen to be half cripple and home alone with no one to talk to. The subject just popped in my head and figure I'd mention it to somebody. To give you an idea of what a lifted Wagoneer looks like:
http://home.earthlink.net/~riverbeast/

Beats me. You can respond if you want to but I just felt like getting that brain cell a cleansing.
79DUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Jeep

does it run? and where are you located?
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i got a 61 willys jeep wagoneer im not even sure if its a wagoneer but i know its a 61 willys big 6 cylinder its called a tornado or twister oh well i dont remember im going to put 40" or bigger on it............But i would keep it and lift it i like the way they look they look tough kinda like a tank
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
RCC Addict

ive gotta 49 willy pick up if i had the wagoner id lift it plus you'll be able to get out and meet more people to talk to
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:24 PM   #5

Oh yeah, it runs. 360 V8, TH400 (AMC version of course), BW 1399 Transfercase. I've had it for a while. Went camping a few times. Had a 40ft camper that I towed behind this Wagoneer. It ain't no light weight, it's built. Electric brakes and a custom Class III hitch round out the package. The last "purpose built" vehicle I had ended up...upside down 3 or 4 times. The description of that one is posted under newbie somewhere. Look for 79DUG. It's my fault, I pushed it to its limits and it pushed back. I used the wagoneer to tow it from expedition to expedition. Plenty roomy. I've toyed with lifting it ever since my pride went tumbling down but haven't done. Once again, I may push it too. It weighing at about 4800 lbs may be more forgiving in a roll over but may hurt worse than 2 broke legs, 2 pins in elbow, and one cracked collar bone. Not to mention the partridge in a pear tree. Fah lah lah lah lah...lah lah lah lah. I'm located in Clifton Forge, VA. That's close to Roanoke and Lexington, VA and Lewisburg, WV. I could (if price was right)('bout $1600) tow somewhere around 300 miles from here. That being:
1)Charlotte, NC
2)Knoxville, TN
3)Columbus, OH
That's my big three and as far as I could go without defeating the purpose of selling the vehicle. Either way, sell or lift, at least someone has shown some interest. My wife is getting to the point where she sucks! If the meaning were anything else, I wouldn't want a divorce if you get my drift.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:29 PM   #6

Wish I would've paid a bit more attention. You 2 guys being from California and all couldn't possibly be a position to buy this Jeep. Unless you wanted to take a weeks vacation and spend another grand in gas. It would make the cross-country trip but fuel consumption would be more than a weeks worth of dragon ladies (the wife) groceries. Ah well, maybe it's only fair to put in the air..say 6 inches or so?
Old 11-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

what axles did that model come with for 74?
Krod_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #8

Dana 44 axles both passenger side offset.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thats what i was thinking.

so you've got a good start there at least. My vote goes to Lift it. Its sturdy enough as it sits. Take er up
Krod_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #10

Well there's three. I was thinking Rustys 6" lift, Mickey Thompson Classic 15X10's covered in 35" Baja Claw Radials. That ougths draw a little attention. But man, the gas. Ah well, don't drive it that much anyway. It may as well look good while it sits. Thanks fellas.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #11
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
ive gotta 49 willy pick up if i had the wagoner id lift it plus you'll be able to get out and meet more people to talk to
A '49 pickup!

I now hate you. :P

When I was in High school the father of a girl I knew had a Willys pickup sitting in his yard rotting. I tride to buy it from him but he said "I'm gonna fix it up one day"

He never did...and he wouldn't sell it.

I stopped seeing that girl, it was too painful to go to her house and see that beautiful truck go to waste.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote