Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Which notro moster would you buy to upgrade?
Savage X 14 29.17%
Savage LE ( I know it is discoed but my LHS has one ) 1 2.08%
Savage SS 4.6 10 20.83%
Savage 25 1 2.08%
Revo 2.5 2 4.17%
Revo 3.3 20 41.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Time to cure my R/C speed side

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Time to cure my R/C speed side

I'm getting ready to get a nitro moster truck so I can cure my speed devil inside. I have been eye balling savages forever but am looking for opions on revos aswell. Which ever I get will get upgraded almost upon arrival. I will use it mostly for bashing but will race it when ever I get to the track. I'm looking for the best out there. So tell me what you run and what you would buy in my shoes. I want well rounded opinions on each please.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I would go with the new savage X then put the ss 4.6 motor in it the new X comes with lower COG and alot more options then the older savages.
Mr. Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Skipstr71 has a brandnew savage SS in the box that im sure hed be wiling to sell...send him a PM......or check out his website http://www.twisted-toys.net
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Already talking to him about possibilities but I want opinions between the savage and revo. Not this sucks that rules good hard facts no BS.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #5

I've had both. The savage will be a better basher/jumper. The revo is a much better race truck. If I could only have one I'd get the savage but I have 0 interest in racing it.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I know if I really wanted to go full race I would either buy the jammin or the kyosho trucky they are making but I want a all around truck.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
06 Super National Champ

I like the easy diff access of the Savage X...MUCH better than on previous rigs in the Savage lineup.

The Revo is nice to work on and uses socket head screws, which I really like.

If I were going to go out and bash, I'd pick whichever truck your LHS stocks the most parts for.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Another good option for bashin Team Associated MGT 4.6. I love mine its big and tough plus steel gears in tranny, big block all for under $400.
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #9
I joined the Band!

Thought you said you had a speed need to quench......? Try onroad for ending your speed thirst, NTC3 with a 18cv-rx
Grape Ape !!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

3.3 revo becuase it is awesome, but i settled my need for speed with a schumacher nitro fusion 21. the thing is so freakin fast it will easily break 100+ with a few more mods.
joecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #11
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrawler
... a schumacher nitro fusion 21. the thing is so freakin fast it will easily break 100+ with a few more mods.

They claim 80 mph with a regear. Squeezing 20 more mph at that speed from any car isnt as easy as just a few mods or a bigger motor. Air Drag increases with the square of velocity.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
They claim 80 mph with a regear. Squeezing 20 more mph at that speed from any car isnt as easy as just a few mods or a bigger motor. Air Drag increases with the square of velocity.
i have only only got this thing into 2nd gear and there is still one more too go and i have a co2 nos like thing they use for the tmaxxes at our track in the mail. now maybe my goal is a little high at 100+ but hey that is why it is called a goal it takes time and effort.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I have both savage and revo both trucks have the SIRIO engines and both haul balls

I had the revo out this weekend at the beach with scoops on it and WOW was it a blast it would roll on to 2ND gear wheelies ON FLAT GROUND...........revo has the Sirio .23

The savvy is freaking ballistic with the 3 speed and swamp dawgs it too made easy rolling 2ND gear wheelies in the sand ........savy has Sirio .27 race motor

there is another engine out there that is 1/2 the price of the Sirio line and that is the STS .28 and it has more power than the Sirio .27 i think its like $150-$180 range hope this helps!!

John
twisted84toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

wow i never tried a savage before i have always over looked them becuase i am a traxxas fan but now i might need to get one.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

As for onroad stuff it bores me to death. I like offroad and like being able to drive where ever or over whatever I so choose . As for a motor I'm thinking either a SF .32 or a Axial .32. I'm really suprised at how the votes are staying so even. I figured it would of been really one sided.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrawler
i have only only got this thing into 2nd gear and there is still one more too go and i have a co2 nos like thing they use for the tmaxxes at our track in the mail. now maybe my goal is a little high at 100+ but hey that is why it is called a goal it takes time and effort.
Hes not saying it can't be done. Hes saying its not designed for those speeds. At those speeds without the right dynamics the truck could be trashed. Thats why most that reach those speeds have spoilers, to keep the rear end down. I think there was even an article in one of the RC Driver mags that told all about this.

Oh yeah, I say Savage X. I saw the savage 25 in action and think its pretty sweet. I just can't imagine what the X is like.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:30 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

None of the above, T-MAXX 3.3 all the way. I've had 6 and as long as they make em I'll run 'em!
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:03 PM   #18
RCC Addict

The savage (any flavor) is pretty much the best basher. Out of the box they are many times stronger than a maxx, and with some upgrades they are hard to beat. When I was bashing it, my maxx rarely not broken.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
The savage (any flavor) is pretty much the best basher. Out of the box they are many times stronger than a maxx, and with some upgrades they are hard to beat. When I was bashing it, my maxx rarely not broken.
The REVO is much more race oriented, some people bash them and love them, some bash them, break them, sell them and buy a savage.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #20
I joined the Band!

Talking bout the 100+ mark. You would have to have a purpose built body with front and rear wings for downforce and plant the truck about 1/8 " off the ground with the body almost touching and have the body reinforced, THE fastest verified rc car was an electric with like 20 cells and it was tested on a landing strip(not the strip club) I see no real point to FAST monster trucks, its like having a super fast steam roller yea its fast but it doesnt do well fast.
Grape Ape !!! is offline   Reply With Quote