Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 100 sled dogs slaughtered in whistler b.c.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Until animals are considered individual living beings and not property or objects for entertainment by humans, scenes like this will unfortunately and horrifically always unfold.

Everyone involved with this tragedy should be punished to the 'nth degree.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

This just makes me sick. I hope they prosecute this as a much higher crime or a count for each dog and give them the max for each account.

Or just let them loose and publish their address.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
Until animals are considered individual living beings and not property or objects for entertainment by humans, scenes like this will unfortunately and horrifically always unfold.
better stop eating meat..
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

my thoughts,,,take some hungry ferrell dogs into a pit and put the guy/s in there with the dogs..tie thier hands behind thier backs and close the door....justice.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

damn people better get what they deserve. just not jail for 5 years
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
better stop eating meat..
Vegetarian for 16 years bro'

And it's not just because of that...this is straight up cruelty.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Vegetarian for 16 years bro'

And it's not just because of that...this is straight up cruelty.
this isn't the finest moment in human history thats for sure..
Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
this isn't the finest moment in human history thats for sure..
Agreed, complete lack of respect.

I wasn't trying to preach, it just pisses me off when I read about things like this on an almost daily basis.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Agreed, complete lack of respect.

I wasn't trying to preach, it just pisses me off when I read about things like this on an almost daily basis.

yea especially since these dogs have made their owners money.
which is what this whole thing is about really.
sad.
but on the plus side $$$$$$$$$
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

i think worksafe bc has sone esplainin to do..they gave this lowlife pos a settlement for the post traumatic stress he suffers..they jerk rightfull claimants all the time, and they knew what he did and that it was in fact illegal..i hope this guy suffers so much he kills himself..according to his lawyer "a caring dog lover"
you can let them know how you feel

info@adventureswhistler.com or call 604 932 0647 #OutdoorAdventures in #Whistler & tell them how disgusting & deplorable they are,”

Last edited by vonclod; 01-31-2011 at 10:03 PM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Just watched the blurb about it on the news, they do have a point. When sled tours are down, the dogs will suffer. What do they do with them in the summer?
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

if a business cant be run so that the animals used are safe and reasonably cared for year round and not discarded like trash, then its not a viable business and has no business existing..what the hell did they think was gonna happen after the olympics..i,m sure they knew
Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
dnf

Quote:

Everyone involved with this tragedy should be punished to the 'nth degree.
This is the 1st time I have heard about such a example.....so this is not the norm and I doubt we will see anything like it again any time soon.

Most people love animals..........I know I do.......that being said he (my dog)is my responsablilty,but he cant have individual rights.If they did then
you wouldnt have the right to collar or leash them as that would be bondage
You wouldnt be able to fence them in as that would be jail

Animals are treated very well by the majority of pet owners
and those who dont treat animals fairly are dealt with,same as bad parents

Last edited by rock hard; 02-01-2011 at 12:39 AM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #34
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
if a business cant be run so that the animals used are safe and reasonably cared for year round and not discarded like trash, then its not a viable business and has no business existing..what the hell did they think was gonna happen after the olympics..i,m sure they knew
X2
but unfourtunatly animals are put down everday by buisness here in the u.s.

Vets put animals down by direction of thier owners to be "humain"
I always wondered,if it humain to put a animal out of thier misery,is it humain to put people out of thier misery?

I have put many animals down,its always hard.I could not imagine putting
down that many,especially in that manner.I have grave images that haunt me still from animals I put down yrs ago.
If this guys has much of a concience,he will surely suffer.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
X2
but unfourtunatly animals are put down everday by buisness here in the u.s.

Vets put animals down by direction of thier owners to be "humain"
I always wondered,if it humain to put a animal out of thier misery,is it humain to put people out of thier misery?

I have put many animals down,its always hard.I could not imagine putting
down that many,especially in that manner.I have grave images that haunt me still from animals I put down yrs ago.
If this guys has much of a concience,he will surely suffer.
i think he is and very deservedly so, i dont feel an ounce of pity for this guy..i cant imagine following that kind of order, i would of given a polite f. you and reported it to the papers..guy has a wife and 2 kids, i really feel sorry for what they are now going to have to deal with as far as pretty much the whole world knows
im sure this kind of thing happens all the time but usually on a much smaller scale..the killer said usually we give the dog a nice meal and take him for a walk and shoot them ..how nice..i think people need to reevaluate whether they need to be entertained by animals racing or performing..pretty sure i could live without
Old 02-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont cull dogs, you send them to rescues, shelters, pounds, sell them, see who needs dogs for the Iditarod,etc.

TS on the PTSD Nancy boy! Should have had the brass to tell them to go to hell, and quit the job.

Having to dispatch an animal under necessary, or for humane purposes is bad enough. Thats a hard place to bring your self to the point of doing, but butchering them like that. Im not saying its even close to the same, but damn, that sounds like stories right out of WWII, and what the Nazis did to
Jews.

I have seen things, that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Pictures that will never go away. These individuals will never be able to set this down. It will follow them when they are conscious, and it will chase them into their sleep. No matter how cold, heartless, you cant work around dogs, and not get away with that. You just killed mans best friend in mass, and for convenience. No way in Heaven or Hell to escape that.

I know a vet who works the Iditarod. Those guys are hardcore about their dogs - their lives can depend on it, and dammit, they are their dogs! I say we toss these fine gentlemen to those sled drivers, so they can feed their dogs!
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Sad - Really Sad for the dogs sake.

As far as the worker goes, post traumatic stress my ass! He could've called someone right then and there. Not after 2 days of brutal slaughter!
He deserves his post traumatic stress!
Im not defending this guy at all but PTSD is something that sets in AFTER the event (hense the "post" part). Im sure when this was happening and if he was truly upset, he most likely felt "numb". Then when it really sank in on what happened, he felt the effects.
But yeah, definitely a messed up situation and alot of sick individuals. Hopefully justice will be served.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #38
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
i think he is and very deservedly so, i dont feel an ounce of pity for this guy..i cant imagine following that kind of order, i would of given a polite f. you and reported it to the papers..guy has a wife and 2 kids, i really feel sorry for what they are now going to have to deal with as far as pretty much the whole world knows
im sure this kind of thing happens all the time but usually on a much smaller scale..the killer said usually we give the dog a nice meal and take him for a walk and shoot them ..how nice..i think people need to reevaluate whether they need to be entertained by animals racing or performing..pretty sure i could live without
Its a hard fact that animals have to go down,but not like that...
My brother in law works for a harse trainer.

He told me just this last week that he saw his boss (old timer)
crieng his eyes out sitting ontop of a horse.He didnt know what was up,later another worker told him that he found out that his horse had some illness and wouldnt live long.
Now the fact is that horses are worked,raced and loved pets.
They may arguably be the animal we use most,both past and present.
And horse owners love thier animals....
But sadly when the time comes it will be one of two things happen
You'll put them down and someone will have to bury/burn them,or you can sell em and someone will make them soap.

Large groups of animals are put down for consumption aswell,its not the kind of thing you want to thnk about,infact we prefer to be ignorant about it.
But its a hard fact of life,though when we do happen to think about it,we hope it to be as humane as possible.

So I dont think the problem is how we use animals,they have been worked,consumed and used for our entertainment,convinience and loved
throughout it all for yrs.
There are simply people who make bad choices,and or do terrible things.
sometimes those things are against people,sometimes its against animals.
We live learn and better ourselfs in the process.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Most people love animals..........I know I do.......that being said he (my dog)is my responsablilty,but he cant have individual rights.If they did then
you wouldnt have the right to collar or leash them as that would be bondage
You wouldnt be able to fence them in as that would be jail
We have the same responsibility with our children. Some people even use leashes with their kids. And kids arent capable of makeing the same decisions as adults, does this make them any less humane? If I kill a child I am worse than anyone alive. (in my town) a guy bashed a dogs face with a golf club until it died and he got fined. Why wasnt he put in for life. That dog was defenseless just like a child.

I dont know quit understand people. It is not ok to kill people, but it is ok to kill dogs. We have never put our dogs with out need. They couldnt walk anymore, one had cancer so bad she could stand either.

Just for the record, they did talk about people getting put down in the obama care program. I did say talk about I dont want any of the go look it up stuff, because it was considered. Its not too far away though.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by major94 View Post
I dont know quit understand people. It is not ok to kill people, but it is ok to kill dogs. We have never put our dogs with out need. They couldnt walk anymore, one had cancer so bad she could stand either.

Just for the record, they did talk about people getting put down in the obama care program. I did say talk about I dont want any of the go look it up stuff, because it was considered. Its not too far away though.
1. It is not ok to kill dogs or other domestic pets, he got a fine.

2. No they didn't