Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What do you think of my potential Boat graphics ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #41
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
How about this ?

Nothing says cool like a turtle playing a trumpet. I hear chicks dig Care Bears
IMO the first design is better maybe in a black and white theme.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Ya I dont like it either anymore....This artwork is the biggest pain in my ASSSS!!!!
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Howz this ? All of these are not finished art work, to get the details 100% takes hours, so these are just examples until i decide whats going to go on, then all the tedious work starts.

People don't realize how much work goes into artwork.

Last edited by aaugman; 04-12-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Honestly not a big fan of the first couple ones. Being familiar with the Tige line of boats(good friend of mine has an 11 RZ2), I would say leave it like it is, as Tige as some pretty sweet graphics from the factory. That being said, I like the last one. I would put a darker color on the hull because the lighter color will stain/look dirty after time. Also, do you have a lift at your dock? If not, I would seriously look into it, so you can get the boat out of the water, clean it, and dry it. That will help the wrap last a lot longer and look a lot better. We have a Oakley wrapped Malibu around here that looks sick out on the water(dirty) but they wash it religously. It's had the wrap for a couple yrs now. They also stuck with one color/one theme as well.

Also, will the color translate into the interior as well? I would assume it does, b/c if not, that would be a funky color scheme going on.

Also as a guy looking to buy, I would probably pass on a wrapped boat unless I could verify the boat's history etc. JMO though, take it how you want it How about posting up some real pics of the boat? Getting ready to go out on the lake in a couple of days and can't wait to get back to it.

Zack

EDIT: Here's my buddies 2011 Tige RZ2. It is a sweet ride.

Last edited by YJJPWrangler; 04-12-2011 at 02:49 PM.
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

That is a sweet Boat,

We went out on Saturday and Sunday on a neighbors Centurion Enzo.

First boarding of the year, IT WAS AWESOME.

I don't have a lift and cant get one on my dock, But i'm not to worried, I have a graphics company and the material i'm using was given to me as a test. If i need to redo it every season i can, And the baot is super easy to wrap, Long straight lines, not crazy contours

The color scheme does match the last graphic, I've just done the whole interior in a two tone gray.

I buy and sell ALOT of stuff, I know some buyers want every record and everytime a screw was tightened, And then there are some buyers that just want a cool boat and will pay the price, IF i Sell it, My girl loves the boat so i may hold onto it for awhile, or until i find a great deal on an upgrade, then i'll get the new boat and let this one go.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Centurians throw a nice fat wake. I love them for wakesurfing but not for the boarding. I still haven't been out boarding because of work and I am getting pissed. We have had some 80+ days and some 45 days around here, its odd. We normally start the first of April, but not this year.

I hear ya on the different kinds of boat owners. I fall into the former group, I like to know what all was done, when, etc. But I also know some of those guys who only want the coolest one out there and then they end up selling it in a year for nothing and the boat is trashed. I've seen it, 2010 Super Air Nautique, fully loaded, was TRASHED. Never washed, cleaned etc. I think it went back to Nautique for a full stripdown, guy had it only one season as well.

Post up some pics of the boat/where you ride. Also cool to talk to other wakeboarders about riding/boats.
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

I've got a few Go-pro mounts going on the board and tower, So i'll post up some vids and pics when we get a few more.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #48
~THE SCALE SHOP~

more info on the boat. was in gutted when you got it? tell us the story.

cant say im a big fan of the that particular wrap. but at least it doesnt have skulls lol
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
more info on the boat. was in gutted when you got it? tell us the story.

cant say im a big fan of the that particular wrap. but at least it doesnt have skulls lol
Ya every damn boat out there has skulls now.

Its a 99 Tige 21V, I bought it at the beginning of last summer, It was one of those too good to be true stories, I drove down to Fl From GA to get it.

The guy i got it from had just redone the whole boat the year before, He put a new interior, Gray and BLUE (not a nice blue) new motor, and wiring, steering cable, and powder coated the tower. The hull is in perfect shape.

He blew up the motor after only 1 season and was just getting rid of the boat, He ended up buying a brand new Supra and just wanted this one gone.

I put a brand new Marine Motor in and used it all last summer,

Over the winter i redid all the blue interior with dark gray, changed the stock squarish tower for a nice swooping tower, redid the dash,

The wrap and sound are the last pieces to go in. the Boat will be in the water right after ECC.

The wrap will take about 8 hours to print both sides. so i'll have to sit at my office and watch it. after that it will take a few hours to install and I'll be putting in the sound as its printing.

I have a complete ballast system which i'm not putting in, My girl doesn't do anything extreme so she doens't want the HUGE wake. I'm not great either but when we need huge wake we go on a centurion.

I'm working on my consistent back roll this summer.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

So i printed and laminated the graphics this week, the prints came out perfect and the laminating went well also, I managed to laminate 45ft without one crease, I do not have the greatest laminator so that was a huge feet for me.

I'm going to try install the graphics this weekend. I'll post pics when i get some.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I finally wrapped the boat this weekend, Printed and laminated it this week.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #52
WOOPOOW!!

Holy shit.... That looks incredible Mike!!!
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

thanks, It turned out well
Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

much better than the OG design!

your first design looked like a child's toy

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 04-29-2011 at 07:58 AM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Looks a lot better than the original idea. I gotta ask though...how does the mazda do pulling it...ya know with the bike permanently attached and all?
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

LOL, It does ok, I drive it slow

When I don't feel like pulling a 30ft trailer with my 2.5L motor I use this:

I don't tow anything with my mazda, you can feel it with 3 bikes and 3 passengers.

The truck; I can pull a boat and a 30ft fully loaded enclosed trailer with no issues

Last edited by aaugman; 04-25-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #57

a fade the grafic to the hull and blind them together .ps i liked the guy trying to git back in the boat ,but i wood add a figurine insted on a rope.
gohstwrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #58
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Nice!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

I'll be detailing the boat tomorrow, So i'll post up some finished pics.