Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: A good place to order... ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default A good place to order... ??

Seriously speaking/asking. Is there a place where we can order crawler parts and not have to wait a week or two before your order ships? A place where the vendor responds to emails/PM's, professional and courteous staff, good customer service?

I've already missed two comps waiting for vendors to ship parts. The worst is when the vendor won't even respond to email or PM's.

I used to own a business so I FULLY understand what takes place when dealing with this sort of thing, BUT, customer service was always number one with me. I always communicated with the patron/customer and I was always honest. The reason that I no longer have the business is because I became too busy with my full time job and "life" and was unable to properly provide professional service. I figured if I was unable to keep the customers happy, then what's the point? I know you can't please everyone, but I would at least be up front and kept them informed about their products that they've spent their hard earned cash on.

I believe in the small business owner/vendor and I would rather support them before going directly to the big name companies. However, my experience with a few vendors that sell here has been less than favorable and down right horrible.

I'm just venting because I will miss another comp because parts that I've ordered almost 2 weeks ago still haven't even shipped yet.. This is just sad..

SO, I have money to spend and I need parts so if anyone has any idea where I can purchase some XR10 parts and have them before April 6, 2011, please let me know.

I'm stepping down from the soapbox now...
bpd964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

looks like your on the east coast which means you are opposite of most dealers. Im a huge fan of RPP he ships insanly fast. TCS has always been decent. RC4wd seems to have gotten slow as they have grown. You could always go with Tower if you just have to have it.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Agreed. TCS is THE best in my experience thus far.

Rc4wd is very slow. JPcustomRc is just sad! My last experience is with CKRC and that's not going well so far.

Last edited by bpd964; 03-18-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Holmes Hobbies

TCS is your answer, Great fokes and shipping
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yup, TCS and RPP! Always fast shipping.
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

TCS for sure. I ordered a part for my AX10 on Monday the 14th at 5:04pm, and received the part on Thursday the 17th.. And the part was cheaper than my LHS.. even with shipping
AB8DQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

TCS doesnt always have what I need but when they do, they are awesome. Gonna drop some cash at RPP. Hope they have everything I need for my next super crawler.

Thanks for the info..
Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Suck it up!

RPP always gets my stuff out the door stupid fast. What happens when USPS gets ahold of it is usually another matter...

I usually get my stuff in 4-5 days via Priority, and in rare occasions, 3 days. But that's coming from Cali to the middle of nowhere Arkansas.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #9

rpp and tcs are great. It never takes more then a week to get to the part of connecticut i live in. In fact i placed an order with rpp on tuesday and it was at my house today
cj7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Rpp is the best vendor I have bought from on this site.
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7man View Post
rpp and tcs are great. It never takes more then a week to get to the part of connecticut i live in. In fact i placed an order with rpp on tuesday and it was at my house today
Great to hear since I'm in Connecticut as well. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
RPP always gets my stuff out the door stupid fast. What happens when USPS gets ahold of it is usually another matter...
No joke. That radio that I won on Sunday was in my hands on Wednesday. I dont know what Corey gives his postal workers (I am guessing Meth), but they haul ass! They even have a phone that they frequently answer.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
RCC Paint & Graphics

RPP is a great vendor! As stated above, they have very fast shipping. Just about all of the bodies I paint come from RPP.
Rockthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
TSK
Shelf queen

I think you need to click on "express" or "expedited" shipping and pay the extra $50 for it. Never pick "first class mail" as your shipping option. The last time I did that (for something I wansn't in a rush for) it sat in California for 2 weeks "processing through the sort facility." By the time i finally got it, I almost forgot i had ordered it.

I mean seriously. Even if they process your order, package it, and drop it of at the PO or UPS or whatever, it still has to go through many hands before it is put on a plane (or truck), then flown (or drriven) to the destination hub, AND THEN unloaded, reloaded, AND THEN driven to your door.

So I always figure not seeing any prdouct for AT LEAST a week. Then maybe add another week if it's coming from east coast (since i'm in hawaii)

I mean, come on... you have to take into account the space-time continuum and other laws of physics.

But guys who don't return PM's suck.

Last edited by TSK; 03-18-2011 at 06:04 PM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
I think you need to click on "express" or "expedited" shipping and pay the extra $50.
I'm always willing to pay extra for expedited shipping! I have in one case and I was told that it only applies once the product has actually shipped. This did not include the One week processing time. I know some products state that there will be a certain amount of time for special orders. This was not one of them.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #16
RCC Addict

I'll put in another vote for RPP. As long as it's in stock he never fails to get me my stuff in 3 days coast to coast.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

I bought something off of ebay and it was shipped parcel... it took 3 weeks to get here and it was only a state away......

RPP and TCS and the smaller vendors always get my business and they process and ship in a reasonable time.
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote