Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: How many scalers do you have? / How long have you been into scalers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default How many scalers do you have? / How long have you been into scalers?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I didn't notice it when I searched.

I was curious how many scalers/crawlers everyone has? I see some posts of peoples workshops and builds, and it seems like quite a few people have 5+ crawlers.

The other thing I notice is most people have a bucket/drawer/bin of leftovers and various parts. That has to come with a lot of time and multiple different trucks. So how long have you been doing this?

I have looked at scalers for 3 years, but never bought one. Money has always been my issue. I am getting to the point that I finally want to build one,

Anyway, just curious how many different RC's everyone had....and how long they've been into it.
pike2350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I've been in and out of the RC hobby since I was a kid, after time most of my rigs either got sold off or donated to the nephews then destoyed and eventualy tossed... yeah I was pissed when I finally found out kids dont appreciate nothing unless they paid for it.

I've always been into the scale aspect but wasnt untill about last year or so that I found all the real scale parts suppliers lol I thought the wheely king and bruiser/hilux axles were my only options, Now I have 3 scalers 1 built 1 being rebuilt and one in its first stages I also have a couple electric bashers a on road 4wd car and a electric boat all gathered over time

I'd like to have 1 of everything hoefully I'll get close before I die...lol
Diesel-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have been into RC cars since 1975( yeah Iam old) mostly onroad electric 1/12th scale and 1/10th scale. Got biten by rock crawlers about 3 years ago and scalers shortly after that, and strictly scalers now. I had one of the first SCX kits when they came out a few years back and two now and collecting parts for another build.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Been Crawling for about 3 years. Got into scalers about 6-8 months ago and I got 2 of them now.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I been in and out of the RC hobby my whole life. I wanted to get back into it with something new, I was not really into bashing or crazy fast speed, been there done that and quickly lost interest. I was looking for something more, then when I came across the Scale scene I was hooked again. I started liking the CC-01 one then did A LOT of research for about a year. A month ago picked up a SCX10 and couldnt be happier
redjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #6

I been into crawling for about 4 years, I have 2 wheely king scaler, 3 axial scx10 scaler, and 1 losi build scaler, 2 tlt build scaler. I have to much fun building them. I have more to build. TO MUCH FUN

Last edited by twiztid4x4; 03-28-2011 at 05:42 PM.
twiztid4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Been crawling for 3 years now, I have owned 2 scalers, but only have one now. I don't tend to have a very large rc collection as I usually sell one off to buy another that I'm more interested in.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Been into rc's for about 25 years, Mostly nitros for the longest time but started crawlin about 7 years ago or so with my first crawler being a clod super and a pti goliath lol. I've been through a lot of crawlers and now i'm sitting on 3 comp rigs and 4 scalers, Three of the scalers are axial based and one cc01 that I wont have much longer lol
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I currently own 2 1/2 scalers. I've been serously crawling since 04, joined in 05, and have been building dedicated scale trucks since 06
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote