Here is my manly truck and my 11sec ride:

What 11 secs till you fall off the bike
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
If the V8 guy did the same mods to his "manly" corvette or mustang as the miata, they would eat it for lunch.
I doubt that most Corvette owners would even know how to do it without taking it somewhere to have it done for them.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

What is up with all the hate in this thread? Yes, if I fall i'm fukked. Are you going to sleep better now?
Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I doubt that most Corvette owners would even know how to do it without taking it somewhere to have it done for them.
And those same owners wouldn't know what to do with the car afterwards too
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
And those same owners wouldn't know what to do with the car afterwards too
They will drive them around as usual, trying to compensate for their small penis complex......at least that's what psychologists say!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso787 View Post
They will drive them around as usual, trying to compensate for their small penis complex......at least that's what psychologists say!
Im a psychology major and I agree

I was just bustin your chops, I think miata's are cool cars when done up right. They always reminded me of a mini Rx7. Like I said I have a couple buddies who auto cross them (on tar) and they seem to handle really nice.

Everyone has their own tastes though just like everyone has their own opinions. Only person whos opinion should truly matter is the owners.

Me personally am more of old skool guy and sport trucks (not 4x4's like above. I like em' low and smooth) But I can respect anyone who has pride in their ride and turns their own wrenches.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRockCrawler View Post
Ignorance is sticking probably 5k into a 4 banger to make less than 400hp.
That's 400 hp in a 2000-pound car that's known for great handling. If that's girly then slap my ass and call me Sally
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The fact is the car is probably a 11 sec car(if he can get it to hook up) in a 1/4 of mile,
Are you really estimating 1/4 mile times and its never seen a track? Try proof not internet BAD ASS talk. Slip or its not a 11 second car...period.

Quote:
This little bastard is pushing close to 400 ponies at the rear wheel at 15psi (still doing breakin)
Dyno graph to prove this? Or are we still internet BAD ASS talking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
That's 400 hp in a 2000-pound car that's known for great handling. If that's girly then slap my ass and call me Sally
Great is the wrong word. It can handle great but not stock. The Auto X and Spec Miata cars suspension is a far cry from being stock.

Now a Lotus fits the 2000lb and great handling, except unlike Mazda's MX-5 it has Power and good looks...Miata has never had those.

Last edited by binaryterror; 04-18-2011 at 06:18 AM.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

My 300 SRT8 would blow that thing off the road while passing a vettNice bike I like the chrome tank looks greatwaiting on some nice weather here so I can get back on mine woke up this morning to see about a inch of snow spring in chicago sucks so far this year.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Stacy David crammed a 302 into a Miata

http://staceydavid.com/projects/banshee
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #31
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
If the V8 guy did the same mods to his "manly" corvette or mustang as the miata, they would eat it for lunch.

The lemans is a great way to measure a cars real performance potential.
Getting it to hook up and go straight is one thing,holding corners is another.

The corvette is a power house,and always has been,buts its not great at hugging the corners compared to its smaller contenders.

Now funny thing is when ford built thier first lemans car (gt-40) it was just to piss off ferrari,and they dominated the track. The power is easy enough to achieve,its making a big v8 car stick in the corners thats the challenge.

The smaller cars simply work well on a track though,even as 1/4 mile cars.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #32
RCC Addict

When I was in high school my dad bought a first gen Miata and had it converted to a "monster miata" with a built 302 and 5 speed from a fox bodied 90 model mustang GT. That car was insane to drive. There werent any street cars around my area that could touch it, even when my old man was driving it. Last time I saw the car it was still running strong and blew the doors off of a new Z06 street racing.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

I see your point. Both me and him have been building cars andtwinkering since we were kids. There is some experience and a little of knowledge involve and judjing by previous cars I've own and raced, I am pretty sure that car is near the 400. I have own from 68 Camaros, Novas, Chevelles to rotary engine race cars and I am pretty confident on the estimate. Of course you don't have to believe it. I will be happy to post a slip as soon as he takes it to the track but if you read the entire post you will learn that I mention that the car has no suspension work done so it wont be hooking up. He will probably run it close to 8-10 PSI instead og 15-20. I will say thats a 13 sec pass spining maybe in the first 3 gears but.....yeap, no slip yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Are you really estimating 1/4 mile times and its never seen a track? Try proof not internet BAD ASS talk. Slip or its not a 11 second car...period.

Dyno graph to prove this? Or are we still internet BAD ASS talking?

Great is the wrong word. It can handle great but not stock. The Auto X and Spec Miata cars suspension is a far cry from being stock.

Now a Lotus fits the 2000lb and great handling, except unlike Mazda's MX-5 it has Power and good looks...Miata has never had those.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
When I was in high school my dad bought a first gen Miata and had it converted to a "monster miata" with a built 302 and 5 speed from a fox bodied 90 model mustang GT. That car was insane to drive. There werent any street cars around my area that could touch it, even when my old man was driving it. Last time I saw the car it was still running strong and blew the doors off of a new Z06 street racing.
That was his initial plan to begin with, a 302 but he just build thins things as a hobby so he wanted something diferent. The Ranger turbo he built was scary to drive. I can only imagine the grunt of a 302 in that little body!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #35
RCC Addict

It took a while to get the little bastard to hook up. Lots of tuning with different spring rates and tinkering with the 4 link to really get it to hook up. Even with all of that, it was still tire smoke on demand if you wanted it. Ive driven 2 replica cobras and that miata is the closest in feeling to those cobras Ive ever had. I actually think the miata handled better in the end than either of the replicars did. Dad ended up selling it to a guy that auto crossed it locally for a while and I'm pretty sure it was his son I saw racing the vette about 2 weeks ago.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #36
RCC Addict

I'd love to have the Miata, don't care if anyone thinks it's a girl car or not. I'm not old enough to own a street rod or Harley (yet), and street monster trucks are gay. (hows that for hate, ) Just that doubling the hp in anything and expecting the rest of the stock drivetrain parts to live is a bit optimistic. And I'm pretty sure 15 psi boost won't more than double the hp. Miatas are what, 160 hp stock?

Not to get into a pissing match, but a Spec Miata racer better have near stock suspension, or they'll get kicked out. Basic replacement of shocks/springs/bars is all one can do. No crazy mods allowed.

http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%2...rms/sm-jan.pdf
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post

There was a guy here locally, San Jose, that had a monster miata at the street races. That little SOB was stupid fast. Most of the races we saw him in were from rolling starts at about 40, but it will still start to haze the tires...

Heres my buddies Z...Should be ready for the streets soon...Thats a TT Hennessey Viper back there too...
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Sally. (slap your own ass).
You could put a blown big block in a new vw beetle and its still gonna be a chicks car.
And you dont find it a little silly these days that "Importers" will drop like $5k-10k into a motor to make 400-500 horsepower when they can take a V8 and do it for half the price? Again maybe its just because Im old school and not a big fan of this ricer fad, but it all seems pretty stupid to me. Esp. when they start pulling seats and not hauling their friends around in their daily drivers because they "weigh to much and slow them down"..
Old 04-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
There was a guy here locally, San Jose, that had a monster miata at the street races. That little SOB was stupid fast. Most of the races we saw him in were from rolling starts at about 40, but it will still start to haze the tires...

Heres my buddies Z...Should be ready for the streets soon...Thats a TT Hennessey Viper back there too...
THIS is how it should be done. None of that stupid carbon fiber shit. No stupid painted wheels.. Just pure sleek and mean lookin..
Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
The fact is the car is probably a 11 sec car(if he can get it to hook up) in a 1/4 of mile, girly or not! How many manly dudes can make that claim in their Testosterone breathing V8's? But again, to each its own. I personally love muscle cars but I have a new found respect for what a turbo can do! That's all.
400 HP and a light car is capible of 11's. Just throw some tall tires underneath and hold on.

One of my dads friends has a lexus (the one that comes with a supra motor) with a huge turbo, trans brake, and everything else you could think of. It does 9.60's Street leagal and looks completely stock from the outside, just like that little mazada.

If you get the chance, get it.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote