Is it a black Lexus?
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
Is it a black Lexus?
Yep. His name is Lawrence. It's BADASS. (buy it for $13k)
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRockCrawler View Post
THIS is how it should be done. None of that stupid carbon fiber shit. No stupid painted wheels.. Just pure sleek and mean lookin..
Why do you think CF is stupid? Is it just because you're a muscle car guy, or is there an actual reason to it?
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #44
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
street monster trucks are gay.
Whoa, I think that's the most offensive thing I've ever heard you say. I guess you truly are "Mad" Mike after all...

Quote:
You could put a blown big block in a new vw beetle and its still gonna be a chicks car.
And it would handle like ass too. You don't throw half a ton of iron into a small car and expect anything but unmanageable terror.

Quote:
And you dont find it a little silly these days that "Importers" will drop like $5k-10k into a motor to make 400-500 horsepower when they can take a V8 and do it for half the price? Again maybe its just because Im old school and not a big fan of this ricer fad, but it all seems pretty stupid to me. Esp. when they start pulling seats and not hauling their friends around in their daily drivers because they "weigh to much and slow them down"..
Again its all about weight. It used to be that dropping small blocks into imports and other small cars was the thing to do, simply because the stock engines couldn't hold up to the extra power that they were being forced to try to produce. Now they can. Shoehorning in a v8 into a little car gets you brownie points for effort and a little bit of cool factor, but if you want something that has some sort of reaction when you turn the steering wheel, you try to maintain some sort of balance.

And I think the 'fad' is over. Ricers are here to stay. I'd also like to point out I've seen plenty of domestic rice as well...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
And it would handle like ass too. You don't throw half a ton of iron into a small car and expect anything but unmanageable terror.
Back in the day (1980 or so) my buddy and I dropped an Olds 350 into his 260Z. Yeah, unmanageable terror sums it up pretty nicely. Didn't look quite as nice as that black one.

Why an Olds 350? Because my other buddy changed out the motor in his Cutlass and this one was just sitting there.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
And I'm pretty sure 15 psi boost won't more than double the hp. Miatas are what, 160 hp stock?
They've been from 115hp to 180hp in stock form from Mazda.

A GT25 Garret Turbo in a special edition got to 220hp...a far cry from this claimed 400hp car that has no dyno sheet to prove these internet BAD ASS talk numbers.

Remember Turbo power feels different than NA power. So butt dyno is not a way to talk about numbers.

Quote:
Not to get into a pissing match, but a Spec Miata racer better have near stock suspension, or they'll get kicked out. Basic replacement of shocks/springs/bars is all one can do. No crazy mods allowed.
Not to be in the pissing match but changing to coil overs, springs, sway bars is a HUGE change from stock on a Miata. Not that it is expensive or hard to do, but it is a far cry from what could be considered near stock.

Quote:
THIS is how it should be done. None of that stupid carbon fiber shit. No stupid painted wheels.. Just pure sleek and mean lookin..
Just ugly as sin wheels in chrome or polished aluminum. Just because this is your cup of tea doesn't mean it's everyones. Chrome and Polished wheels are best left in the ghetto IMO.

Quote:
And you dont find it a little silly these days that "Importers" will drop like $5k-10k into a motor to make 400-500 horsepower when they can take a V8 and do it for half the price? Again maybe its just because Im old school and not a big fan of this ricer fad, but it all seems pretty stupid to me. Esp. when they start pulling seats and not hauling their friends around in their daily drivers because they "weigh to much and slow them down"..
I'd like to see your monster old school car do what my little import can year round including snow and rain. 350 all wheel horsepower on pump gas with limited out of pocket costs. Need I also mention it can actually turn unlike old school cars where the only turn they can handle the the end of the drag strip.

It's quite simple, for AutoX light and handling ability wins, not power. I don't care what car you have but 500hp in AutoX becomes near useless when you can not steer or brake. My engine weighs about 1/3 the weight of a standard 350 and allows for better handling based on it being a boxer engine to keep the weight lower in the chassis.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
It's quite simple, for AutoX light and handling ability wins, not power. I don't care what car you have but 500hp in AutoX becomes near useless when you can not steer or brake. My engine weighs about 1/3 the weight of a standard 350 and allows for better handling based on it being a boxer engine to keep the weight lower in the chassis.
Couldnt agree more. I smoked a buddy's new camaro V8 on a tight, twisty rural road last nite with my almost stock 2010 focus SES (it has a air filter and some stickier tires....) He was furious when he came to the four way at the end and I was stopped and standing outside of my car. My car is far from a "sports" car, but his lead sled and heavy V8 couldnt match a light car with a high reving 4 banger in the twisties.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Why do you think CF is stupid? Is it just because you're a muscle car guy, or is there an actual reason to it?
I think its dumb when the ricers go goo-goo over it with carbon fiber hoods and fenders and all that. If a car needs to start cutting weight to become fast, I think it needs more engine work. (Except like on drag cars. Im talking about honda civics trying to cut weight with a carbon fiber hood and fenders while they have a 400lb stereo in the trunk). The whole carbon fiber decoration pieces aint my taste but if they like it for decoration, so be it.

I seem to have struck a Ricer nerve with my posts..lol.. oops. ANY car can be made to handle good. You can get a old coupe to handle just as well as any little importer out there if ya wanna take the time and money to work on the suspension. But going in a straight line fast is what them cars did at the times. So to see one auto X'ing would be retarded. Just like I think its retarded when I have to wait in line at the track for all the 15 second track time wasters at the track.

Last edited by MnRockCrawler; 04-19-2011 at 06:14 PM.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I think its dumb when the ricers go goo-goo over it with carbon fiber hoods and fenders and all that. If a car needs to start cutting weight to become fast, I think it needs more engine work. (Except like on drag cars. Im talking about honda civics trying to cut weight with a carbon fiber hood and fenders while they have a 400lb stereo in the trunk). The whole carbon fiber decoration pieces aint my taste but if they like it for decoration, so be it.

I seem to have struck a Ricer nerve with my posts..lol.. oops. ANY car can be made to handle good. You can get a old coupe to handle just as well as any little importer out there if ya wanna take the time and money to work on the suspension. But going in a straight line fast is what them cars did at the times. So to see one auto X'ing would be retarded. Just like I think its retarded when I have to wait in line at the track for all the 15 second track time wasters at the track.
Yeah, I see what you mean there, ricers doing it for reasons because they simply see it in mags,movies and so on. I had one on my previous car, but I didn't have the stereo. But, I Aldo didn't have any engine work either. I lean more towards the show side of cars, as opposed to the go side. The only time I think the CF add-ons with the full stereo is if it's a FULL on show car. Getting CF just cause it's "cool" and doing it just because, is dumb. I agree.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean there, ricers doing it for reasons because they simply see it in mags,movies and so on. I had one on my previous car, but I didn't have the stereo. But, I Aldo didn't have any engine work either. I lean more towards the show side of cars, as opposed to the go side. The only time I think the CF add-ons with the full stereo is if it's a FULL on show car. Getting CF just cause it's "cool" and doing it just because, is dumb. I agree.
I agree 100%. It all depends on what a person is gonna go for. If a person has a track car, completely gutted and did carbon fiber, ok. I dont like the looks of it really, but its their car and I can at least see the point. But to see people with carbon fiber panels and then have huge speakers and such to me is pointless. But to each their own I guess. I know not everyone likes my truck/car and I could really care less.
Guys at the track are going to respect anything that is fast. No matter if they are a Hot rodder or a importer. Each can respect each other as long as its fast but its the people who "think" they are fast and waste track time (Which because importer/tuners are the hot thing now, tends to be alot of them) that people get bucky with.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote