SHIELDS 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: ITS TIIIMMEEEEE GSP vs SHIELDS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
I wouldn't call those "takedown attempts" by sheilds. He only tried going for them when he caught a leg kick by GSP.
im not trashing shields, he did put a hurtin's on gsp's face..maybee they do a rematch in the future, we were watching the playoffs and ppv at the same time, i just saw that when it went to the ground gsp was in control for the brief time it went there..shields is obviously no slouch but gsp is pretty hard to beat at the moment
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
im not trashing shields, he did put a hurtin's on gsp's face..maybee they do a rematch in the future, we were watching the playoffs and ppv at the same time, i just saw that when it went to the ground gsp was in control for the brief time it went there..shields is obviously no slouch but gsp is pretty hard to beat at the moment
I was hoping for Sheilds big time, but i still can't get over his horrible game plan to strike with him. bUT you're right, it did go to the ground for like 30 seconds, and jake never tried to submit him.

I'm still suprsed that GSP's face got messed up. I don't remmber jake landing any big KO punches. But was funny when GSP was crying that he couldn't see out of his left eye, when it was barely messed up.

But i'm for surely never buying another boring GSP fight again. All of his fights are excatly the same...
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

ya it dissapointing when a fighter dont try to finish and just does enough to win..when a title is at stake i guess its a safer game plan but not too exciting to watch, i;m sure some of it is healthy respect as all it takes is 1 mistake to end the night..
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
ya it dissapointing when a fighter dont try to finish and just does enough to win..when a title is at stake i guess its a safer game plan but not too exciting to watch, i;m sure some of it is healthy respect as all it takes is 1 mistake to end the night..
Yep, I understand where GSP is coming from by trying to play it safe, but it puts on a boring fight for the viewers.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #25
MODERATOR™

With Shields' track record, you gotta play it safe. I think GSP is a very smart fighter and did the best thing he possibly could to not lose to a guy who hasn't lost in 6 years and has all those titles that he (Shields) does.

Ugliest head award goes to...

Attached Images

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote