Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: FINALLY got my new toy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Cool FINALLY got my new toy!!!

aint nothing fancy, just a beginner bike for now. but shes MINE!!!
2001 Honda CBR 600F4i, drove up a couple towns away to take a peek at it, took it for a little test run and next thing i knew she was in the back of the truck on her way home with me!!! seems that the rc spendings are going to be put on the backburner for sumtime after this buy. .. .
and justa couple pics

sorry guys i just HAD to post this up somewhere!!!
and motorcycle guys, im all ears for some good tips or info on upgrades!
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

let me be first to say
take it off any sweet jumps yet
josh hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh hayes View Post
let me be first to say
take it off any sweet jumps yet
not yet, and i dont plan on it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Congrat's! The only thing close to being on a bike, I think, is being in a Jeep with the top down and the doors off...It's just good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
...motorcycle guys, im all ears for some good tips or info on upgrades!
How much riding experience do you have?

Ride it for a while before you look to spend money on "upgrades" - like some of us do with our crawlers.

I know (knew?) a few folks that are now resting eternally because they met trees or poles at high speed with their new toys. So, if I may: just be be safe. You really don't have anything to prove. Nothing you do on that bike is worth your life, limbs, or your family's well-being.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
Congrat's! The only thing close to being on a bike, I think, is being in a Jeep with the top down and the doors off...It's just good stuff!

How much riding experience do you have?

Ride it for a while before you look to spend money on "upgrades" - like some of us do with our crawlers.

I know (knew?) a few folks that are now resting eternally because they met trees or poles at high speed with their new toys. So, if I may: just be be safe. You really don't have anything to prove. Nothing you do on that bike is worth your life, limbs, or your family's well-being.
thanks! and ya, i will probably just do appearance upgrades for a while, its already fast enough for me as it is with just the slip-on. and i wouldnt even say a season of experience really, i rode a buddy of mines 99 cbr 600 a couple hundred miles last season but aint touched one til now. and totally agreed, i aint lookin to leave my new wife a widow due to a dumb move on a bike. and safety is my number one thing! my wifes a nut about safety too, so that helps out!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Actually....the first thing I'd spend money on is a quality helmet, leather jacket and gloves. Be sure to wear the jacket, of course.

You're gonna have a good time.

Oh - you might need to change the time on that clock!
And, 5k miles on a '01? Nice. (Change that oil!)

Last edited by JeepinOR; 06-23-2010 at 03:39 PM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
Actually....the first thing I'd spend money on is a quality helmet, leather jacket and gloves. Be sure to wear the jacket, of course.

You're gonna have a good time.
already got me a helmet and jacket, they came with the bike actually, and just so happen to be my size! i got a HJC helmet and a Joe Rocket jacket. not a full leather, but a mix. and im sure i will have a GREAT TIME!
ya lol, ima have to mess around with the clock some and try and get it changed. and ya, it had the lowest miles of all the bikes i had looked at, and in BY FAR the best shape of them all, and just got a fresh oil change last week, got the paperwork for that!

Last edited by IDnewcrwlr; 06-23-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Get some good gloves to go with the helmet and jacket. And a new shield for the helmet.

Might think about changing the tires since they are going on 10 years old. But if they look OK, ride it, but don't push it too much since the rubber has dried out.

Of course there's the basic maintenance, and thing like sliders.

As mentioned before, I wouldn't "upgrade" anything for a long while. It's plenty fast enough as it is.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Get some good gloves to go with the helmet and jacket. And a new shield for the helmet.

Might think about changing the tires since they are going on 10 years old. But if they look OK, ride it, but don't push it too much since the rubber has dried out.

Of course there's the basic maintenance, and thing like sliders.

As mentioned before, I wouldn't "upgrade" anything for a long while. It's plenty fast enough as it is.
ya, i got me some gloves that seem good and comfy, and the tires aint the stock rubber, they were changed out last season, the guy i bought it from had the bike 3 years and only put ~800ish miles on it. i plan on doing atleast that this season lol. and yea, ill be switching all the fluids and such after the season if not the start of next season.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I'm assuming the helmet is used then? If it is, I would get a new one. You never know how a used helmet was treated. It might be me being overly cautious but better safe right?

But congratulations! I miss my 2005 Yamaha R6.
TheCompetition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCompetition View Post
I'm assuming the helmet is used then? If it is, I would get a new one. You never know how a used helmet was treated. It might be me being overly cautious but better safe right?

But congratulations! I miss my 2005 Yamaha R6.
used since i didnt buy it from a retailer, but new since it was still in the original packaging and all. and i plan on getting one that i like more and using this one as a spare for when giving the siblings a ride and such, but ill stick with this one til the enda the season prolly. .. .
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
RCC Addict

oh ya, and anyone know how to change the time on these things?? cant seem to figure it out. and shouldnt there be a gas gauge on the screen sumwheres or sumthing?? thanks
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Looks good, especially for being 9 years old. Unless you have already done so, before you spend any money on upgrades, take a motorcycle safety course. It might teach you a few valuable skills and it will help lower your insurance a little. As far as a gas gauge, some bikes have them, some don't. Most bikes get pretty consistent mileage so once you get accustomed to how far it will go on a tank of gas, you'll find you don't really need one anyways.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Congrats on the new bike. Honda's are super reliable, so just keep up with basic maintenance and you'll be fine. Keep the chain lubed and adjusted and check tire pressure once a week.

Yep, no gas gauge. Just watch for the gas light to come on in the display then fill up. After a couple fill up's you should have a good idea of how many miles you can go on a tank.

Not 100% sure on the clock setting, but I think you press and hold both of the buttons next to the display and then the clock will start flashing, once it's flashing one button should change hours and the other should change minutes.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Congrats on the new bike! My first bike was a CBR 600 F2.I sold that then got a CBR 900RR after aboyt 2 yrs.
Keep it the way it is for now and enjoy it.
X2 on the safety course.Taking one same my ass a few times!
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Make sure you wear your gear a few ppl in a local biker group have crashed at speeds over 150 and they have walked away from it because they where wearing their gear.

My brother and I share an 08' CBR 600RR and its loads of fun! But be careful I was in a 40 zone crusin 70 and didn't even know till I looked down and I was in 3rd gear (that's why I checked). Haven't got a ticket yet, but my bro did out run the police with it, but I wouldn't try it!

I'm gonna get a 09' or 10' CBR 600RR of my own soon

Rember you can never be too safe!!

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 06-26-2010 at 09:53 PM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by untchabl View Post
Congrats on the new bike. Honda's are super reliable, so just keep up with basic maintenance and you'll be fine. Keep the chain lubed and adjusted and check tire pressure once a week.

Yep, no gas gauge. Just watch for the gas light to come on in the display then fill up. After a couple fill up's you should have a good idea of how many miles you can go on a tank.

Not 100% sure on the clock setting, but I think you press and hold both of the buttons next to the display and then the clock will start flashing, once it's flashing one button should change hours and the other should change minutes.
In case you have not fixed the time yet.

Turn on the key. Hold the 2 buttons down until the time flashes. Then use each button to set the hours & minutes. Then turn off the key.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #18
Who's your Daddy-0!

On your bike you can just figure 30mpg. You will get better than that but that is a good start. I was getting 36mpg on the Busa before the big bore kit went in it. Your 600 should get that or better. I have a gas gauge but I fill up almost every time I ride.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Just thought I would bring this back up as I have made a few changes since last season... Well the reson I did was because this dumb lady from my wifes work backed into it and knocked my baby over just a few months after having it! Needless to say I was PISSED! Anyways, since then I have cut my pipe down, which I think looks better, added a BMC race filter, APE cct and got her painted in a Nissan Pearl White. The color is sweet, and I'll post up the finished pics when she is complete! For now here's the only one I got...

Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Your bike looks good,bummer about the incident!I have an 04 F4i,mine is black/red.I added a Jardine pipe,K+N,Power commander and had the bike Dyno tuned.They run your bike on a dyno and customize the mapping on the power commander to perfectly match your engine/exhaust combo.I only gained about 4 horsepower but the throttle response is just silly!It runs so crisp it is just a joy to ride.Best $200 I ever spent.Enjoy your bike and good luck on getting it on the road again.
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote