LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the good laugh
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Last time I was in the dog house was, We had a 2 car garage the wife parked on one side and the other side was for my projects. Well It was in the middle of winter and I bought another project so I parked it on the wifes side......The next morning I find my new project outside in 1ft of snow (I had the hood off changing valve stems lol). Haven't used her side since
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I get in trouble when my wife drives us anywhere, she considers herself to be an excellent driver, she one of those people doing 55 mph in the outside passing lane, you've seen them hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel, eye's straight ahead and a rear veiw mirror full of pissed off drivers. Cars pass on the inside and flip her off, I always ask her if she knew that person, she says no why? I'll will say they were waving at you. I'm usually scared to death every time I ride with her. She keeps one foot on the gas the other on the brake pedal just in case. Gas-brake- gas- brake sometimes both engaged at the same time. She goes through brakes like socks. I can only take it so long and I'll blow, WTF are doing? This will be responded to by her screeching like an owl at me "don't tell me how to drive"!!!! Followed by the fact that I'm the worst back seat driver in the history of the automobile. She has absolutely no respect for the 30+ years I successfully raced Go-karts, sprint cars and motor cycles or the 46 years I've driven without a ticket or a accident, go figure. I try to avoid riding with her if at all possible, but when I have to I'll try and keep my mouth shut, but sometimes it's just so $%&^%$ ridiculous that I just can't help myself. Oddly enough other than her driving and my back seat driver reputation we've seen eye on most things for 40 years marriage, except when it comes to her driving skills then it's a totally different ball game.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #44
Scale Detail Engineering

haha, that sounds really familiar. Mine also thinks she's a great driver and she kills the brakes. She seems to wait to the last possible second and then slams on the brakes! She says I hit my brakes late too and I've tried to explain that I'm driving a stick and the engine slows me down so I don't need to hit the brakes as soon...
I get the "DONT TELL ME HOW TO DRIVE".
I went as far as to ask her, "If you're about to run a red light, should I say something?" NO.
"If you're about to run into the stoped car in front of us, should I say something?" NO.
"If you're about to change lanes into another car, should I say something?" NO.
"If you're about to run over a kid on a skateboard going to fast down his driveway and he's clearly going to roll into the street, should I say something? NO.... well, yes.".
She always compares her driving to my wrx driving... big difference, I'm actually aware of the cars around me

Last edited by johnnyh66; 04-28-2011 at 01:17 PM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #45
RCC Addict

You better bring a helmet Sunday Norm. We're gonna work on your back flips.

This has been posted but it's fitting.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

One thing I'll share with you Johnny is it has always been this way for me for over 40 years and it will always be this way. I hold absolutely no hope of it ever changing for the better. I do my best but sometimes I just loose it.

I shouldn't complain she is a great mother to our children and grandchildren a dynamite cook, wonderful companion, never gained a pound and is very sweet. She doesn't even complain about the money I spend on hobbies or racing. She just doesn't have a handle on driving or probably ever will.

Meanwhile I just wave back smiling at the cars passing on the inside which just tends to make things worse.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

OMG djjiz, that's friggin hilarious I need that guy to give my wife driver's training.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
Well, I see your on today, that must mean she didn't go all Bobbit on your pals while you were alseep. One good way to start a day, complete sack!!
I slept on the sofa with both hands guarding the nads and 1 eye open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It usually runs fine View Post
Seems like you would be better off finding a fender and door, then selling the whole truck for a bigger profit.
The truck is totaled, the chassis bent and the cab is destroyed. The A pillar is bent over the floor board which is crushed into the door.

Thanks for the responses and hijacks, I got some good laughs. It's amazing what a difference 24 hrs makes, she came home and was much calmer, calm enough to finally have an adult conversation. I now understand ( although don't fully agree) what she was so pissed about, I still think it was grossly blown out of proportion, but at least it's been discussed and hopefully over with.

I almost dug myself in much deeper today. I was using my F250 to tow the parts truck more onto the driveway, but in the process I managed to get the LF tire of my truck off of the driveway and into the soggy front yard. I made a rut that was 8" deep and 12" long! This was not going to go over well at all, so I hustled down to a neighborhood lawn and garden store and grabbed a roll of sod. I took some dirt (mud) from the neighbor who has a big pile left over from a water meter replacement and 'fixed' my mistake.

She didn't say anything about it so maybe I saved my azz today.

Last edited by BigSki; 04-28-2011 at 05:01 PM.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #49
Gold Star Baby!

I guess my man is lucky he doesn't have any "in the dog house moments" the closest thing is he went to buy me a new horse trailer and came home with a wake board boat, but i was "man I wanted a new trailer, but that boat is f@*kin awesome lets go hit the lake!" I also don't care what he spends on the r/c crawlers because I know I get his hand me downs, so I often encourage him to buy new parts for his rig!
SoCo Crawlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
I get in trouble when my wife drives us anywhere, she considers herself to be an excellent driver, she one of those people doing 55 mph in the outside passing lane, you've seen them hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel, eye's straight ahead and a rear veiw mirror full of pissed off drivers. Cars pass on the inside and flip her off, I always ask her if she knew that person, she says no why? I'll will say they were waving at you. I'm usually scared to death every time I ride with her. She keeps one foot on the gas the other on the brake pedal just in case. Gas-brake- gas- brake sometimes both engaged at the same time. She goes through brakes like socks. I can only take it so long and I'll blow, WTF are doing? This will be responded to by her screeching like an owl at me "don't tell me how to drive"!!!! Followed by the fact that I'm the worst back seat driver in the history of the automobile. She has absolutely no respect for the 30+ years I successfully raced Go-karts, sprint cars and motor cycles or the 46 years I've driven without a ticket or a accident, go figure. I try to avoid riding with her if at all possible, but when I have to I'll try and keep my mouth shut, but sometimes it's just so $%&^%$ ridiculous that I just can't help myself. Oddly enough other than her driving and my back seat driver reputation we've seen eye on most things for 40 years marriage, except when it comes to her driving skills then it's a totally different ball game.

Dude Im sorry but that is some funny shit,I can relate to the backseat driver.I also try an keep my mouth shut,about her third **** up,Im telling her to pull the car over so I can drive!
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #51
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I says to myself: 'self, don't take any of her ish today' so when she started screaming I just calmly turned towards her with a flaming torch in my hand and says: just get yer bitch ass up in the kitchen and make me some pie!!

( I learned this trick from Jason)
Good job there, you are learning well.

Quote:
I'll camp out on the sofa tonight and deal with her BS tomorrow.
Here is where you screwed up, you are letting her win and letting her know that you think you did something wrong. You never, I repeat NEVER sleep on the couch. Never let a woman have the satisfaction of thinking they kicked you out of your bed, I don't care how comfy your couch is.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Here is where you screwed up, you are letting her win and letting her know that you think you did something wrong. You never, I repeat NEVER sleep on the couch. Never let a woman have the satisfaction of thinking they kicked you out of your bed, I don't care how comfy your couch is.
I agree, wife can be pissed as all hell at some of the stupid shit I pull from time to time, but she knows that if she wants to still be pissed at bedtime, SHE sleeps in the spare room, and doesn't come back till I'M ready.

Now the longest I ever slept alone was a month, but an all night drinking session getting home at 6pm the next day put an end to that
Walldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #53
RCC Addict

just get yer bitch ass up in the kitchen and make me some pie!!

be strong BigSki, this is going to hurt, whats about to happen is......your wife's going to knock you down a few notches, time to remember who's in charge......& no, it's not you

Name:  misery.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  Misery_Photo 1990 b.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  46.9 KB
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
You let your wife drive when you're in the vehicle with her? Only time my wife drives when I'm with her is if I've had a few too many after work

Hey Bigski, I'd give you $1000 for that truck if you were local. So there, you can tell your wife you had a solid offer, just didn't pan out
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Dude Im sorry but that is some funny shit,I can relate to the backseat driver.I also try an keep my mouth shut,about her third **** up,Im telling her to pull the car over so I can drive!
I personally think it's more common than most people admit to. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
You let your wife drive when you're in the vehicle with her? Only time my wife drives when I'm with her is if I've had a few too many after work

Hey Bigski, I'd give you $1000 for that truck if you were local. So there, you can tell your wife you had a solid offer, just didn't pan out
Yeah I do, but I must admit it seems better when I've had to much to drink. Never the less every time I think I will be better and won't wig out or her that driving style will some how miraculously change.

No fool like a old fool.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Here's a pic of the offending truck. I can't see why this was worth her having a freeking childish meltdown.

Hell I'd put a new wheel/tire on that sucker and drive it, nevermind parting it out. I drove an F-150 through college that looked similar to that one except it was the passenger side.

But anyway....my wife wouldn't even bat an eye if something like that showed up in our driveway. Actually she would probably be more surprised if I had a day off while she was at work and something strange DIDN'T show up in our driveway.

I told my wife a long time ago. I will always make sure the bills and important stuff are taken care of before I'll spend money on hobbies and dumb shit. But I've had my hobbies since long before I met you, and if you bitch about it too much I'll still have my hobbies long after you are gone.

Haven't had a problem since....12 years into it.

Edit:
Just saw this.
Quote:

I almost dug myself in much deeper today. I was using my F250 to tow the parts truck more onto the driveway, but in the process I managed to get the LF tire of my truck off of the driveway and into the soggy front yard. I made a rut that was 8" deep and 12" long! This was not going to go over well at all, so I hustled down to a neighborhood lawn and garden store and grabbed a roll of sod. I took some dirt (mud) from the neighbor who has a big pile left over from a water meter replacement and 'fixed' my mistake.

She didn't say anything about it so maybe I saved my azz today.
That is pathetic.....she would have freaked out over a little rut in the grass????
If my wife was like that I'd roll my CR500 out of the garage and use it to rearrange the whole yard for her.

Last edited by cuzican; 04-29-2011 at 12:39 PM.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Well, I must be very lucky then cuz ive never had to sleep on the couch ( other than for work). My wife will actually encourage me to spend money on my hobby, sometimes even giving me the money I need for parts and gas to get to the lhs. I do get the backseat driving thing, but she knows she has issues with driving sometimes.....lol! Love my wife....
relic68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #58
Scale Detail Engineering

I think I love your wife too
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Good job there, you are learning well.

More lessons from the Master, Thank you! Should we ever meet, the beer is on me!

Actually, she has so many insecurity issues it's really a punishment for her to not have me by her side. She didn't kick me out to the sofa, I chose to do it.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote