Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Paypal Gift Payment?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
This is obviously not the same thing. The gift thing is there so you can send friends and family money for whatever with no fees. It's not there for people to sell their goods and skip out on the fee.

Asking for a gift for something you are selling is no different than stealing in my mind. Paypal is a business that makes it rather convenient for people like us to easily make secure transactions. Before paypal you wouldn't even be able to take credit cards and what not from other individuals to sell your crawler parts.

The 3% is pretty damn cheap. Don't believe it? Have you ever tried to send money via Western Union? Their fees are multiple times higher, and they don't have a gift option either.
X2 ...

I remember sending money orders everywhere to buy crap. You'd go to the post office, buy the money order, ship it, wait three - four days, hope the seller gets it and doesnt screw you over and then wait for that asshole to ship your stuff and the same for when you sold things. I feel like you used to wait twice as long, and have a hell of a lot more liability.

At the end of the day, you're being asked by the seller lie, help you lie, or even steal (depending on how you look at it) before you even recieve the payment for the transaction? And I'm supposed to trust the seller after that?

That 3% isn't terrible in retrospect...
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
That 3% isn't terrible in retrospect...
That's what I think, it's a measly 3 cents on the dollar. Basically you are getting this:

Someone allows you to place a secure transaction to anyone anywhere in the world with any type of payment available to you.

Not only is it secure, it's instant.

Then not only that they allow you tools for shipping the items sold which bring the benefit of some discounted rates and freebies just for using the service through them.

Then to top it all off, they protect you with the transaction and handle any disputes.

All this and you don't even have to get your lazy butt up off the couch to do any of it.

and for a small 3% fee, seriously!

Credit card companies charge sellers a fee as well and some can go up to 4 and 5 % depending on the transaction type.

Banks charge a heck of a lot more for electronic transactions (wiring money).

So considering all the alternatives it's a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited by TexasSP; 04-29-2011 at 10:10 AM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
ok what if you need to send money to someone to help them out, birthday money to a friend or your children....you want to pay there rape fee to send money to some body .........bob

I meant it shouldn't be allowed in the for sale ads, not with Paypal altogether. I mean the for sale ads have to be approved before they are posted. If your ad asks for gift payment then it shouldn't be approved. Either way, I'll just skip over any ads that ask for gift payment but if I really want it I guess I'll send the pm and shoot them my offer of payment the normal way or it's a no go.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Somebody always pays the fees, PP gets paid some how.
Direct from the Paypal website :
Sending Money to Friends and Family in the US:
  • FREE when you use your bank account or PayPal balanceWhen you use a credit or debit card, the cost is 2.9% of the total amount sent plus $0.30 USD per transaction. When you log in, you choose whether you or the recipient covers this cost.
Paying for a Product or Service:
  • FREE when you send money to a merchant to pay for something you bought.
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote