Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What do you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #61
RCC Addict

usually just carry my wallet and phone in my pockets lol.

1x moosehide wallet
1x OG droid phone lol.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #62
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Actually I live in a fairly safe place, but crime happens everywhere now days.

You think Gabrielle Giffords was giving a speech in a dangerous place? Nope just the local grocery store.

You think the kids that died at Columbine were in a dangerous place? Nope just a suburban middle class high school.

You think the Amish children that were killed were in a dangerous place? Nope just learning in their single room school house.

You think the 6 people shot at a Colorado Church were in a dangerous place? Nope just doing what they did every Sunday, in a church of all places.

My point is, now days you never know when violence will happen, it seems that no place is sacred anymore. I would rather be over prepared than under prepared in a situation like any of the above.

The founding fathers of our country thought our right to bear arms was so important it was the second right they gave to us.
couldnt agree more...

A lot of my co workers do not carry off duty, I think they are crazy...we arent making any friends in Jail, just enemies...

Id rather have my 19 on me and not need it rather then not have it and need it.

Sadly, suffolk county isnt what it used to be, we have a pretty high gang rate...bloods, crypts, latin kings, MS13 etc.... when I went through the academy we had an entire class just on gang intelligence...its truly scary shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
why do so many guys carry cash outside their wallet? isn't that part of the reason for a wallet?

and yes, you'd be surprised at all the people carrying a concealed weapon..

I was always told to put the cash in your pocket incase some picked off your wallet...you can always cancel your credit cars and get a new ID but you sure as hell aint getting back your cash
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I was always told to put the cash in your pocket incase some picked off your wallet...you can always cancel your credit cars and get a new ID but you sure as hell aint getting back your cash
Couldn't agree more.

Here is the crap thats on me at the moment.

irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #64
Moderator Rule Breaker

truck keys
work truck keys
work keys
old gerber knife
leatherman
wallet
evo phone
belt

eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

A single firecracker? lmao

wallet is in the car, pic taken with an OG Droid, yes that's an empty Doritos bag
92PathSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #66
cherry bomb

I wish I could carry a gun... damn Canadians.

keys, wallet, iPhone, small flashlight, chapstick (fawk off)
no change, I hate change.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #67
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Keys
Wallet
Leatherman Skeletool CX or LM Charge Tti depending on where i'm going
Fenix LD01 on my keyring, if i'm out walking or working at night i'll take my Fenix TK21 U2

No guns and no knifes other than me multi-tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja View Post
usually just carry my wallet and phone in my pockets lol.

1x moosehide wallet
1x OG droid phone lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
I wish I could carry a gun... damn Canadians.

keys, wallet, iPhone, small flashlight, chapstick (fawk off)
no change, I hate change.

Pics? That's the whole point of this thread guys
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
fawk i knew you were going to say something jason.... lol

just for you

1x moose hide wallet
1x og droid
1x 79 hilux truck keys
1x pocket knife (when i do carry it hahhaha)

Last edited by akguanja; 04-30-2011 at 08:09 PM.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #69
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Alright Jason, I'll play. Man, you guys must live in some dangerous places to have to carry all those guns and knives....
What Jason said, but in Cali they have too many gun laws to carry one. The main reason I carry my knife is that I was in a car accident that left me trapped by the seatbelt while upside down in a pond. Thankfully I got out by the seatbelt latch finally working after a few minutes of pressing it franticlly. So I never wanted to be in that situation again. Plus I use it all the time at work, instead of looking around all the time for the community "cutter" at the shop.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post

i guess that'd work if you ever carried cash, i very rarely do. and never more that $20-30.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #71
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
i guess that'd work if you ever carried cash, i very rarely do. and never more that $20-30.
If you look in my pic you'll notice I have no cash, discovered card is where its at. 5% cash back bonus, I put 98% of everything on that and then just pay it in full at the end of the month.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #72
Jer
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92PathSE View Post
A single firecracker? lmao

wallet is in the car, pic taken with an OG Droid, yes that's an empty Doritos bag

What's the circuit board thing? Put your weed in the empty doritos bag? haha
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
my wife carries the same knife, but hers is pink.
it's a good knife! it's right at the 3 inch maximum limit for campus carry use!
saltinemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

I'm proud to be able to leave home only with the keys of my Vespa and my nokia.here in italy we don't need knife or guns,luckily
Frozen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
What's the circuit board thing? Put your weed in the empty doritos bag? haha
Looks like a tool used to check individual lipo cell voltage.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #76
Jer
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen W. View Post
I'm proud to be able to leave home only with the keys of my Vespa and my nokia.here in italy we don't need knife or guns,luckily

This isn't a good cross-section of the U.S. I support the right for every law abiding citizen to own firearms, I myself have a concealed permit. But I am willing to bet the only pictures posted are people showing their weapons lol. I would post mine, but a wallet, phone, and keys are boring.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #77
Rock Stacker

Quote:
This isn't a good cross-section of the U.S. I support the right for every law abiding citizen to own firearms, I myself have a concealed permit. But I am willing to bet the only pictures posted are people showing their weapons lol. I would post mine, but a wallet, phone, and keys are boring.
I also hope that this is so, I was 3 months in U.S. and I never had the feeling of insecurity
Frozen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Me bum bag with my usual EDC stuff.

HTC Desire HD
Spare battery for said phone
Wallet
Very basic FAK
LM Skeletool CX

Key ring
Fenix LD01
Peanut lighter

If i'm working i'll not take the Skeletool i'll take the Charge TTi instead and my work keys.

If i'm out walking, camping etc then i'll take me Fenix TK21 (U2 bulb version).
Comparison pic with my Mini Maglite, the TK21 is slightly bigger but even though the Maglite has the TerraLUX TLE-5EX upgrade.

The TK21 U2 is around 470 Lumens pretty much turns any room into daylight or lights as far as you'd really need to see.

Comparison pic with the LD01 and a Maglite Solitaire.

Similar in size absolutely no comparison in terms of performance though, the LD01 is rated at 72 Lumens as opposed to the Maglite TLE-5EX upgrade that's "supposedly" 140 Lumens, the LD01 is actually brighter than the Maglite though.

Just for the hell of it a few more comparison pics between the Skeletool CX and Charge TTi.

Skeletool CX is a lot more basic, but it's also a hell of a lot lighter, you don't really notice your carrying it, unlike the TTi which feels like you've strapped a brick to the side of your pack.

Oddly enough the Skeletool still manages to do 99% of the jobs i need it for though, only things i really miss if taking it are the scissors and if out walking the wood saw.

Cheers
Mark
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

It's weird with guns, i travel and have travelled a hell of a lot, the only people that you can't seem to talk about guns with are Americans.

In my experience they're either fanatically for or fanatically against guns, very very few people over there i've come across have the ability to have a calm rational conversation with the + and - points of both arguments.

Personally even when i could legally carry a concealed firearm i never did (outside a combat zone).

I absolutely love shooting in every form, be it target shooting or hunting, pistols, rifles, air rifles or shotguns, so i'm in no way shape or form anti guns.
But in years of travelling, living and working in extremely violent areas, and having experienced everything, from being held ransom in a shite hole of a airport in a piss hole of a small African country.
To 3 mugging attempts, 2 burglaries and fights most weekends when i knew no better.

I've never once in all those times wanted or wished for a firearm, in fact i honestly believe that in every single situation a firearm would have made matters a million times worse, without a shadow of a doubt.

So i'm confident that i can get myself out of pretty much any situation, if someone wants to shoot me then in my experience they don't really give you any chance to draw, talk or defend yourself so if your carrying or not if someone wants you dead there's not much you can do about it firearm or not.

I think it's quick and easy to judge people for carrying firearms, but you really have to understand the mindset.
A buddy of mine was a Marine at a US embassy, the guy was over 6 foot of 100% muscle, i'm a pretty confident bloke who thinks he can handle himself, absolutely no doubt though this guy would pummel me into the ground.
Yet he refuses to leave his house without a firearm.
I took the piss obviously, telling him he should work on his insecurities, but that's really where the crux of the matter is, it's a mindset put there by the mass media that your not safe to walk outside your house without packing a .40 zombie killer.

Me i'd sooner pay a mugger if i feel the odds are stacked against me, i'd sooner hide behind a door with my baseball bat when a burgler is in my house, rather than shoot him only to find out later it's a 15 year old kid that's now bled all over me new carpet.
Or better still talk my way out of a "situation".

If my choices are limited though i find fighting dirty and picking up anything that comes to hand works 90% of the time

(the other 10% i got me ass handed to me on a plate, but still lived to tell the tale).

Lastly,
I have had personal experience with people being under threat of their lifes yet they were still unable to shoot another human being.
I've read statistics that give anything up to 40% of the population that would be unable to shoot a stranger knowingly trying to kill them.

In these case the SHasHTF as your mugger, burgler is now armed.

So guns = great and i love em.
But for personal protection if your skilled at where you put yourself and the situations you put yourself in, a confident person and take media reports into context.
So far in my life i've found they are totally unnecessary at best, and at worst a liability to you the holder.

Cheers
Mark
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #80
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen W. View Post
I use my pocket knife probably 5-10 times per day everyday, and have never once used it for self defense. It's a screwdriver/prybar/knife/ect. Of all the things I carry everyday, I feel naked without my knife.

Quote:
I would post mine, but a wallet, phone, and keys are boring.
Actually weapons were the last reason I posted this thread, I just find it interesting to see the stuff everyone carries with them and values as important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
It's weird with guns, i travel and have travelled a hell of a lot, the only people that you can't seem to talk about guns with are Americans.

In my experience they're either fanatically for or fanatically against guns, very very few people over there i've come across have the ability to have a calm rational conversation with the + and - points of both arguments.
Very good post. I agree with you, most people really are 100% for or 100% against.

I myself am for guns, but I believe there comes a huge responsibility with that. You need to understand the laws, you need to understand the weapons, you need to understand that weapon isn't an end all be all to every situation, and that keeping it put away in most cases really is the best option.

Many generations have fought for our right as Americans to keep and use firearms and I think it is our responsibility to exercise that right so that we don't loose it.

I also understand that some people don't like guns and don't see the reason for them, and I support their right to make the decision. I don't however agree with them trying to keep me from owning a firearm.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote