Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: F1 Grand Prix of Monaco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default F1 Grand Prix of Monaco

Where you at Eepee? Its been a pretty good race. Hamilton stuck in traffic and some goof ups in the pits are keeping it interesting.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

I have it recording.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
I have it recording.

Its been good. Definetly worthing sitting down and watching.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

I'm watching Qualifying right this second.

I put my hand up to block anything you might have said so I didn't see.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Just finished watching....

Hamilton wanted to do something so bad he drove like a rookie. His ego is what held him back today to hell with traffic. Webber never looked in it.
Not sure the results would have changed without the SC at the end. Alonso was close but nothing there.
Button should have pushed he had the car but the team let him down saying you're covered. He had the time in the tires and chassis to get at least Alonso but I also think he could have gotten Vettel.

Kobayashi- good car = future world champion.... I doubt RB would do it but can you imagine Vettel Kobayshi. I think it would be a huge intra team battle....

I hope Petrov is alright. He has matured very well this year without Kubica. Quick Nick as always shows promise but put him in a racing seat and he just goes slow. Renault needs to take a chance on some of their junior team and get someone else in the car.
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I will never understand punishing a driver for trying to drive agressivly and having it backfire on him. You tore your wing off trying to make a pass so now we are going to make you do a drive thru...
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I don't understand how those cars turn at all in that hairpin. They look so freaking long compared to other series cars. This is the first F1 race I've watched this year and it was pretty good. I've missed the others somehow. somebody want to clue me in if I missed anything exciting?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

The cars get specific front suspension components just for that turn. They allow for more steering angle so they can get through the hairpin.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Hamilton plays the race card

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...in-monte-carlo
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post

WTF!!! I can't believe he pulled that card.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

the only race to blame was him getting to agressive racing for the spot.

As I said above, I dont get penalties for racing hard. Its one thing if you intentionally take someone out but, hard racing is hard racing.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
RCC Addict

So why in F1 are you allowed to repair your car and change your tires under a red flag? Nearly every other form of motorsports you aren't allowed to fix your vehicle under a race stoppage, but F1 you can? They just gave the win to Vettel when he changed to super-softs. I like RBR, but my driver is Webber, not Vettel.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Best Monaco race I can remember. Hamilton hit everything except the pace car, I've never seen him hit so many other cars. Alonso was brilliant all weekend, and defiantly had Vettel measured in the final laps. This has been one if the best F1 seasons in years.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
So why in F1 are you allowed to repair your car and change your tires under a red flag?
Because that's the way the sporting regulations are written, don't like it go watch NASCRAP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
They just gave the win to Vettel when he changed to super-softs. I like RBR, but my driver is Webber, not Vettel.
So they staged a massive crash and put a driver into the hospital so Vettel could win...? You sound just like the whiney-bitch Webber.
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Hamilton hit everything except the pace car,

DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Wow, I've always liked Hamilton but after that I won't pull for him again. I can't stand anyone who plays the race, sex, or any other card. Everybody protested, burned bras, whatever to be treated equal and then want to pull that crap when they think it will benefit them.

Hamilton drove like a pissed of rookie. He blew it in the race and with that interview. Still a great race. If the rules said they could work on the cars they would have been stupid not to go to supersofts.

That about the finish at indy? That was crazy.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I am sorry for the joke....... WTF?!! can you say back pedal

http://en.espnf1.com/monaco/motorsport/story/50282.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
WTF!!! I can't believe he pulled that card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith View Post
Wow, I've always liked Hamilton but after that I won't pull for him again. I can't stand anyone who plays the race, sex, or any other card. Everybody protested, burned bras, whatever to be treated equal and then want to pull that crap when they think it will benefit them.

Hamilton drove like a pissed of rookie. He blew it in the race and with that interview. Still a great race. If the rules said they could work on the cars they would have been stupid not to go to supersofts.

That about the finish at indy? That was crazy.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #18
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Patiently waiting for another one of EeePee's funny gifs.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #19
MODERATOR™

I thought it was funny because I am aware who Ali G is.

However F1 is not a laughing matter, ever!

I have no funny GIFs for this moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
So they staged a massive crash and put a driver into the hospital so Vettel could win...?
No? Reminds me of some race not long ago... and the resignation of some team principle... coughrenault

Heheheh.

The most impressive part was how quickly Vettel got his ass out in front. He's fast, and the car is fast. Done.

This season is excellent.

Quote:
Martin Brundle is a knowledgeable commentator on Formula One for BBC . Speaking to The Telegraph, Brundle said, “The problem with Lewis is that it's always someone else's fault. You wonder if he needs a bit of a mindset change on that.”
Filipe Massa believes something more memorable than a drive-through penalty is needed to adjust Lewis Hamilton's outlook.
“He tried to pass me on the kerbs when I didn't think it was possible to overtake. He was too aggressive I think,” said Massa. His rather good race was destroyed, along with his Ferrari, by Hamilton's actions.
“When I got to the tunnel my car was damaged and I went on the dirty part of the track and hit the wall.”
“What he did today was unbelievable. Not just with me, but with other drivers as well.
“I think he needs to be penalized again, and in a good way, otherwise he doesn't learn.
“They (the FIA) need to think of something for him, or he will not learn.”
Filipe was not alone in his criticism of Lewis Hamilton. Pastor Maldonado, rookie driver on the Williams team also had his race and his car ruined by Hamilton.
“I think he tried the same maneuver on myself that he tried on Filipe. Exactly the same, he was too optimistic,” said the young Venezuelan driver.
“This (Monaco) is a very narrow track and you must be very careful with your overtaking. I made many passes during the race and I never had problems because I was very convinced to do it."
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #20
DRN
Pebble Pounder

DAMN MY DVR!!!!!
The stupid thing didnt get the last 6 laps of the race after the red flag. If not for that red flag Vettel would have had his hands full on those tires. great race for what i got to see of it.

Hamilton and the race card.... ugh
DRN is offline   Reply With Quote