Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: A Little 2 Stroke VS 4 Stroke Rivalry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default A Little 2 Stroke VS 4 Stroke Rivalry

So since I bought my house a few years back I have not been able to put much money into finishing my banshee, It's been needing a new clutch, lock up clutch, billet clutch basket, inner clutch hub and carb. tuning.
During the time that my bike was down my cousin had gotten a divorce and started dumping tons of money into his YFZ 450. My brother who has a similar build to mine had raced him when they went to the dunes and lost, he also needed the same stuff as I listed above. Since they had raced my cousin had done a few other motor mods so he started running his mouth about how his YFZ would smoke my Banshee, well this weekend I put an end to the shit talking:haha:

The day before this video was taken I had taken my bike to get dyno tuned @ Crazy Deals in Winchester bay to find out that my carbeurator slides were only opening about 70-75% due to my throttle cable/twist throttle assembly. We were not able to get my jetting dialed in because of the throttle problem and it was not allowing my bike to rev past 10K RPMS.

In the first race I took off in 1st gear as I didn't think my bike would pull 2nd gear on an uphill incline, still need to gear down more for the 25" tires. My cousin is the one with the camera and I'm on the right in the last two races. I remind you that I only have about 3/4 throttle in the video too:cool:

Last edited by BFGcrawler418; 07-21-2011 at 12:14 PM.
BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

This is my cousins YFZ 450- Its been ported & polished by MMAD, high compression piston, MMAD cam, bored carb, intake, Filters, exhaust, lock up clutch and more.

This is my Banshee- Ported & Polished by Action Cycles, +.050" Bore, +4MM Short Rod Crank, +4 Degrees Timing, 34MM Carbs, R1 Clutch, Slingshot Lockup Clutch, RK Tek Cool head, LRD Exhaust, UPP Intakes, K&N Filters and more.....

Last edited by BFGcrawler418; 07-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I sure miss my Banshee.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip cross View Post
I sure miss my Banshee.
what did ya have?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby Momma!

You put the spankin on him the last couple runs! I love hittin the dunes. We all run 4 strokes in my group though. I love my raptor.......It's 100% stock.
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I don't miss my quadracer 250--that damn thing was going to kill me
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Oh that had to be at florence in oregon...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffguy View Post
You put the spankin on him the last couple runs! I love hittin the dunes. We all run 4 strokes in my group though. I love my raptor.......It's 100% stock.
haha I have been trying to get him to bet me money on a race but he wouldn't do it. That race I have only about 3/4 throttle and my bike was not even tuned or jetted, I can't imagine how far I would have pulled him if my bike was running to it's full potential.

Stock? I don't think I've ever ridden a completely stock bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Oh that had to be at florence in oregon...
Sure is Florence, Oregon. I've been going there just about every year since I was born 24 years ago, my family doesn't go on expensive vacations to Hawaii or Cabo, we go to the dunes
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't miss my quadracer 250--that damn thing was going to kill me
Fixed that problem on my old lt250r......put a ninja 600 inline 4 in it sold it to somebody else, damn it was fast..I think they are still breathing
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

been to a few four stroke wars, including the one they held at pismo years back, had a ton of fun, super huge guy named Big worm probably 350 lbs with a pee yellow banshee was beating the crap out of 450's running cams and custom head work w/ jockies. incredibly fun to watch.

If you havent seen this, you should... Not to rain on your parade or anything.

1/4 mile is 7.12 @ 188mph

Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGcrawler418 View Post
haha I have been trying to get him to bet me money on a race but he wouldn't do it. That race I have only about 3/4 throttle and my bike was not even tuned or jetted, I can't imagine how far I would have pulled him if my bike was running to it's full potential.

Stock? I don't think I've ever ridden a completely stock bike

Sure is Florence, Oregon. I've been going there just about every year since I was born 24 years ago, my family doesn't go on expensive vacations to Hawaii or Cabo, we go to the dunes
We used to go down for a week at a time and stay at honeymon(sp) state park. All of the dunes I have been to that place was still my favorite and the only one I could remember as having what I called "tree" islands out in the middle of the dunes.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=Crawford;3196782]been to a few four stroke wars, including the one they held at pismo years back, had a ton of fun, super huge guy named Big worm probably 350 lbs with a pee yellow banshee was beating the crap out of 450's running cams and custom head work w/ jockies. incredibly fun to watch.

If you havent seen this, you should... Not to rain on your parade or anything.

1/4 mile is 7.12 @ 188mph

Ive seen that video before, pretty impressive. My bike isnt the fastest bike on the dunes but it's sure fun to ride. Local guy on crash's forum NW-Wheelers is building a raptor with a Turbo Yamaha Nitro Motor which should be pushing over 400 HP, going to be pretty insane!

Quote:
We used to go down for a week at a time and stay at honeymon(sp) state park. All of the dunes I have been to that place was still my favorite and the only one I could remember as having what I called "tree" islands out in the middle of the dunes.
Honeyman is a nice campground but your only aloud to ride out of there in the winter months because of some stupid bird or something so we usually stay at Driftwood 2 on the other side of the dunes during the summer. You must be thinking of competition hill now, thats the hill we first go down in the video I posted, its a popular racing hill.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
RCC Addict

i need to fix my blaster
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Miss my Quadzilla, I was usually Damn near sitting on the bars to keep the front end down.
It was ugly, but it would walk on my brother in laws banshee with a shit ton of moss done to it
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I wish it was cool enough to go out to the dunes right now. Desert season around here doesn't start till late September due to the high temps. I've got a stock Honda 400 Fourtrax, which beats the piss out of what I grew up riding, a Honda 200 But I never race anybody, so no need for upgrades. We're a family of cruisers, although my dad's '88 250R turns a lot of heads when he hits the hills, it's the one up front in the pic..

My brothers, some friends, my boyfriend, and my dad, he's hiding behind my oldest brother in the orange shirt.

Last edited by TEAM DEBEAD; 07-22-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote