Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Where did your screen name come from?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
RCC Addict

I got the name "Stainer" because I pissed my pants a lot in school. Other kids started calling me "Stainer" and my good friend Kirk told me to own it. It worked out pretty well for me...I now am employed by the TSA, have a girl friend that works in the food court, and rock out hard with my Hall and Oats tribute band...
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Over 300 years ago, Clan Rhombus settled on the shores of what is now considered Massachusetts in the New World. The Rhombuses (or Rhombii) were carpenters and blacksmiths by trade and built many a town, village and watering hole using curious shapes. In the 20th century, my fourth cousin Terence Stamp starred in the Superman movies as.....

*ahem* OK, the REAL story....

Six years ago I started playing an online zombie game called Urban Dead. I needed a catchy name and couldn't think of one. I told my bud I needed something flashy but not too cheesy. He said "Why not Zod Rhombus? sounds like Rob Zombie but less cheese." It stuck. For some reason, I decided in 2008 it would be an alter ego for my RC videos and the rest is history.

Now I use it for pretty much everything, even when I made a music video for a band I know! I even incorporated it into my (tiny and pretty-much-for-fun) video production company - Zodfilm.
Zod Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Motocross Racer,
Lots of Enduro's, and WORCS series.... but mostly Kicker arena cross, big air, tight corners, lots of Fun!!
Now I just help my bro - Rock crawling and rock racing..... team 333
and of course my number was 70
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Paintball, I used to run around in a ghilliesuit all the time.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:41 PM   #25
Gold Star Baby!

SoCo Crawlgirl is not for Sothern Comfort it's for Solano County, besides I'm a crown n coke girl. and no it's not So Cal either which I get alot, I'm from Nor Cal

Last edited by SoCo Crawlgirl; 08-01-2011 at 11:20 AM.
SoCo Crawlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Many years ago, (maybe 10 or so) there was a little known computer game that came out with very little fan fair and didn't do that well, but I really liked it, the games name was "Z". Game play was very similar to Command and Conquer, but the player played CmdrZod, in charge of many troops.
Not really that interesting but, that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

SLOWLEARNER-bit of self deprecating humour (you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at),that and usually takes me a bit longer than some to get the hang of / learn something, but when I learn it, it stays learnt. Like to take my time and learn at MY pace and do it right......
dunno why, but I keep using it all over the internetweb.....
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I got my computer when i was about 6 years old,and back then i loved dinosaurs.There is a dinosaur from a book i haved named "velociraptor" but my dad sayed that it was too long and i made it just "raptor".But later i got a program instaled (dont remember what) and i wanted my nickname to be "raptor" but that name was allready taken so i desidet it will be ''rapttor'' (2x T's).And i just leaved it like that
rapttor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

Mine's a combination of my old roommate and best friend's first dog's name (named for the Muppet because he's a little weirdo) and the zip code I worked at when I came up with the name.
gonzo87107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #30
Who's your Daddy-0!

Mine is pretty simple. Ive been a tattoo artist for 20+ years now. Everyone calls me Tattoo Kenny.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #31
Try to Bend it

Personalised number plates on my car. Formerly a 91 Toyota surf on 35's.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #32
RCC Addict

My granny started calling me j-bird when I was very little...my name starts with a J.... She's been dead for years and about 5 yrs ago a guy said hey jbird and it brought back alot of memories so my screen name on everything is jbird and as simple as it is it always seems available.. I figured on here for sure it would be taken but nope so here I is j-bird

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Little story, but pretty self explinatory.
6'6" tall. 325 lbs.. = big guy.. Even though I don't feel that big... Add my my last name. Stu...
When my Dad started his job there was a bunch of guys with the same first name, so he became Stu and I was lil' Stu.
Then in high school, I grew taller than Dad and kept going. By the time I was 21, I was 6'4" and still growing (Dad was 5'11"). About that time, Dad became known as Stu and I became known as BigStu..
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

mine is a little more out there. this is a true story btw. i was sitting in my room at an old party house with my good good friend nathan. we were both high as shit on mushrooms, we were just starting to come down and we wanted to watch a movie and have some muncheis. it was about 4am and we had been talking about which movie to watch and so on, he then turned to me with a dead serious look on his face and said "dont worry ill bacon the cheddar chips man" and my god i laughed for about an hour. totaly out of context just "ill bacon the cheddar chips. so since then i have used baconCHDDRchips as a tag for everything. including xbox.
baconCHDDRchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #35
RCC Addict

when my boy was younger he didnt know the names of the different trucks we had. one day he put a toy pig in one of them and i said grab one of the trucks and lets go play, he said which one and i said grab the CRAWLHOG and it just kinda stuck.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #36

i got my from my uncle whn i was 9 one day we wer watch goof troop and goofy did his thang and i guess i did the same and my uncle at the time was rooling and it stuck evey sence
GOOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #37
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I removed a door on an s-10 using an astro van as the pivot point
LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
First job out of highschool the guys on the loading dock said I looked like a Harve. They nicknamed me Harve, and when my friends found out they started calling me Harve too. Harve was already taken on MTBR.com so I changed it to Harvo. Now I'm Harvo and most people I crawl with don't even know my real name.

I can relate, waiting for the day my kid calls me Robbob .

Job I had years ago had a Rob, Robert, Bob and Bobby already working there. One guy looked at me and said your now Robbob.

It stuck at work and I carried it into sign ups at races and sites. Now I think people only know me by my nickname lol.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbounder View Post
texas chapter prez of the hellbounders car club.
Very cool to see more hot rodders around here...

My screen name comes from my uncanny ability to come up with new, fancy, creative ideas that no one else would ever think of.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

I'm a HUGE hockey fan.....and I could never hit the net when I played as a kid...always hit the post, the name stuck with me all these years

Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #40
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I ran a small parts and restoration business that specialized in 1962 - 1974 Chevrolet Novas years ago in California. I was an officer in Golden State Novas and belonged to National Nostalgic Nova as well. The business was named Nova's Ark as a play on words for Noah's Ark. The screen name stuck and most people just call me "Nova" now. I did a contest here on RCC when I couldn't come up with a business name and I think it was JCboof that suggested Crawler Innovations and the rest is history.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote