Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Where did your screen name come from?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Where did your screen name come from?

Reading a post earlier it got me thinking. Many people on here have very unusual screen names. Just wondering where they came from or why you picked it.

Mine is from my online gaming. I got high speed internetz a few years back. i was telling some friends at work about it and how I started playing Counter Strike as it was included in a version of Half Life i had been playing solo. Turns out one of my friends was the head of a clan that played Day of Defeat Source. I applied to them and got voted in. His name in game was "Bishop" and as a result of me being a noob and his friend I got dubbed "Rook". As in another chess piece type of name and going along with being a noob (Rookie). Got real good at the game and played competitive league for it for a few years. Played on many teams (=A82A=, Moodle, =B52F=, GP, Mkay) It is a 6 on 6 first person shooter (WWII based). Won the Last season of the Sunlit league (team "GP"). It got cancelled after that as the admin got fed up with the complaints on a few teams were too good to be playing legit. Game was dying anyway and only people left were those that were really good and had played for a while or new people that got the game because it was cheap. Moved on to other games, playing Bad company 2 these days. Another favorite although it is dying now as well is Battlefield 2142.

Anyways, post up why you have the name you do and what it relates too!
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

"Kincer" came from a spelling error while drinking in a bar on vacation, we all donated a dollar for some charity, cant remember which one, and you got to write your name on a paper pumpkin, it was halloween, anyhow my nickname was "Kinger" but when I wrote my name I wrote "kincer" and I've been that ever since. I may have had one too many lol!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I am the proud parent(also known as food slave) of three Basset Hounds.=Hounddad
Hounddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I thought of my name a year of two ago when i was making an Xbox 360 live account. At the time i was drooling over 66' GTO's and i was trying to find something catchy... Thus the name RideLowInAGTO
RideLowInAGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I like fast cars and fast women. Some how burning rubber and banging chicks turned into Burnlatex.

On another forum my avatar is a condom that is laying on the ground on fire. I couldn't get it to work here.

Is my PSN name.

I like my current gmail that was randomly generated by google. 00fatdick5@ I use that email for everything. Even writing to Gramma. lol
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

^LOL, that's pretty funny^
RideLowInAGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

mine came from rock crawlin in TN so really simple, as for my email ^ its mr.jessesgay@ and jesses my brother, when i made it he told me i was gay for so i replied ok youll see whos gay, so will everyone else
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinnTN View Post
mine came from rock crawlin in TN so really simple, as for my email ^ its mr.jessesgay@ and jesses my brother, when i made it he told me i was gay for so i replied ok youll see whos gay, so will everyone else

Haha. Your a dick to your bro.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I removed a door on an s-10 using an astro van as the pivot point
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

First job out of highschool the guys on the loading dock said I looked like a Harve. They nicknamed me Harve, and when my friends found out they started calling me Harve too. Harve was already taken on MTBR.com so I changed it to Harvo. Now I'm Harvo and most people I crawl with don't even know my real name.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

My brothers and our friends would debead a lot of tires when offroading in the desert, so Team Debead was born. Since my boyfriend and I have been crawling, there have been a few debeads as well, so it was a nice crossover
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
~THE SCALE SHOP~

ive always been into camaros. Pres. of local GM muscle car club since '99. they actually gave me the name stang killa when i was on my second camaro.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

texas chapter prez of the hellbounders car club.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #14

Rustynails78 I was a surfer out in Santa Cruz and I rode a rusty surf board and I was a carpenter so rusty nails and 78 year I was born

Last edited by rustynails78; 07-31-2011 at 10:23 PM.
rustynails78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Well mine came from being into Jeeps for a very long time like since highschool, that and the fact that I am very proud that I am from Texas. But about 10 years ago I was making a new email account and I couldn't think of anything so my wife said why not texas jeep guy, I thought that sounded a little gay so my daughter said well why not txjeeper? So it has stuck and ever since then I have always been TXJeeper on forums except pirate 4x4 which is txyeeper because jeeper was allready taken and a Buddy of mine from Mexico calls Jeeps Yeeps.
TXJeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #16
Got Worms?

Well, i just got my losi, was 14 i think, and right afterwards at a local comp (like 2 days after i got my losi) i was called the losi kid and it just kinda stuck...although i need to get my email change for overkillrc, after talking to any companies on the phone to get quotes or something and give them my email their tone changes just a touch...that and 90% of everyone that see's my username and don't know rc pronounces it loosey kid.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #17
RCC Addict

dubAron for double A ron= my name Aaron with two A's every where I go people spell it with one A
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Well I started in the hobby back in the day and built a clod super for my first rig. It had a 19.5" WB and would get 95 degree's of flex. Hence the name bigflex
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I stole mine from a dead hooker....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJeeper1 View Post
Well mine came from being into Jeeps for a very long time like since highschool, that and the fact that I am very proud that I am from Texas. But about 10 years ago I was making a new email account and I couldn't think of anything so my wife said why not texas jeep guy, I thought that sounded a little gay so my daughter said well why not txjeeper? So it has stuck and ever since then I have always been TXJeeper on forums except pirate 4x4 which is txyeeper because jeeper was allready taken and a Buddy of mine from Mexico calls Jeeps Yeeps.
Should have called yourself TxHeeper!
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote