Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Custom Deaver Springs or ARB OMU springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Custom Deaver Springs or ARB OMU springs

Hey all, I'm wanting to put new springs on the 94 YJ jeep. I was wanting to go coil over, but can't justify 13 grand just for a softer ride. Has anyone ran these springs? I had OMU on a TJ once and like them. But I'm talking about leaf packs here...

Thanks,
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Hey all, I'm wanting to put new springs on the 94 YJ jeep. I was wanting to go coil over, but can't justify 13 grand just for a softer ride. Has anyone ran these springs? I had OMU on a TJ once and like them. But I'm talking about leaf packs here...

Thanks,
Deavers are awesome...plain and simple! 13 grand seems pretty steep for a coil over conversion though. Shop around or just buy a TJ
WICKEDWOLFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've used OME springs on a few different vehicles and am more than impressed with them! Also, ARBUSA goes ABOVE and beyond the scope of normal customer service. I wasnt particularly happy with the rear OME shocks on my 4Runner and ARBUSA replaced them for free for some softer shocks. Yes, FREE. Nothing wrong with them, I just thought they were a bit too stiff. The CS tech there (Nils) said that if I wasnt happy with them, then there was something wrong with them. You simply cant beat customer service like that!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post

Thanks,
13 grand.... where the hell did you get that number from?
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I've used OME springs on a few different vehicles and am more than impressed with them! Also, ARBUSA goes ABOVE and beyond the scope of normal customer service. I wasnt particularly happy with the rear OME shocks on my 4Runner and ARBUSA replaced them for free for some softer shocks. Yes, FREE. Nothing wrong with them, I just thought they were a bit too stiff. The CS tech there (Nils) said that if I wasnt happy with them, then there was something wrong with them. You simply cant beat customer service like that!

thats pretty damn cool!
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

My Buddy ran OME springs on his YJ and it flexed awesome, rode nice on rode as long as the sway bars were pinned.. without them it body rolled like a MoFo!! Also soft springs bend fairly easy, he replaced several springs while he was running them. He liked them though. Definitely rode better than mine!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF4444 View Post
Deavers are awesome...plain and simple! 13 grand seems pretty steep for a coil over conversion though. Shop around or just buy a TJ
I've thought about getting a JK... but I have about 20k just in parts in this rig, my dad and I did most of the labor. Doing a conversion and getting it right seems above what I can handle. Really doesn't have that many hours on it. We trailer it everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
That's sweet. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
13 grand.... where the hell did you get that number from?
I have received two quotes. One from Colorado and one from Utah. CO one using 14" King coilovers, UT 12" Fox coilovers. Both places were really close number wise. More than I thought it would cost. But there is a lot involved, 4 link front and rear. I run full hydraulic steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
My Buddy ran OME springs on his YJ and it flexed awesome, rode nice on rode as long as the sway bars were pinned.. without them it body rolled like a MoFo!! Also soft springs bend fairly easy, he replaced several springs while he was running them. He liked them though. Definitely rode better than mine!
Cool, thanks bud. I'm thinking of going OME, I've had air lockers in the past, and it seems everything they do is top quality.

No sway bars though, took them off couple of years ago. However, rarely drive it on the street.

Thanks again everyone for the response.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Has anyone ran or have experience with BDS systems? I've heard they are on the stiff side. One shop getting me a quote swears they are a better ride than OME.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Had a buddy that did a conversion on his YJ. Coils up front and air bags in the back. Was sweet for side hilling and if he got stuck on a rock, he could simply air up one bag and push the tired down to get more traction..
He used the AC pump as an air compressor and had a tank in the bumper and one in the jeep. Worked VERY good.. Might be worth looking in to.
My $.02 worth. If you REALLY want the coil ride, sell the YJ, buy a TJ, off the shelf lift, and wheel the wee out of it. That is what I have and I grin every time I drive it.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote