Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: no love from local hobby shops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default no love from local hobby shops

So today i went to 3 different hobby shops. they didnt carry any crawler stuff. asked them why and they told me that crawling was dead no one does it any more. cant believe that crap i will just order from the vendors on this site from now on. has anyone else had this problems at there hobbystores .iam located in southern california great crawling places around here.
mayheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayheem View Post
So today i went to 3 different hobby shops. they didnt carry any crawler stuff. asked them why and they told me that crawling was dead no one does it any more. cant believe that crap i will just order from the vendors on this site from now on. has anyone else had this problems at there hobbystores .iam located in southern california great crawling places around here.
the two around me don't even know who axial is or what crawling is...
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
RCC Addict

It's just a fad, it'll never catch on.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm in newyork and nothing here local either always get the we can order that for ya!!I just order online and get it quicker than they can.
bigheadandmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

these are the same people that say on line is killing there business - but they dont want to stock anything for crawlers or scalers - they say that crawling is dead and no one does it any more - odd that they dont know much about all of r/c or hobbies - they pick there area and stick with it - planes and the flying stuff - boats and the rtr stuff - no one caters to us and i dont expect them to but at least offer a good word and try and order it for us - our hobby is not dead in any way or we wouldent all be here - a few thousand of us cant all be dead - lol - but if your local shop wont help then tell them to look here and that you will take your business to another vendor or store that wont call our hobby dead and is willing to help - i do most if not all thru this site or its supporters - and will continue to do so because i got tired of hearing crawling is dead - someone want to come and look at my yard and the 100 or 200 tons of rocks i have and tell me its a dead hobby - ok this turned into a bit of a rant - sorry
activethunderrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Local Shops don't carry what I buy so I don't buy from them. I could care less. It's easier and cheaper to have what I want shipped to me.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

My local shop is awesome..They specialize in crawling.
They have most of the common parts and can get whatever you need at a fair price. They also have a killer rock area with comps twice a week.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

yup there loss seems like there is lots of money to be made in crawling stuff so many upgrades.i just started and iam hooked already looking at getting a moa next.
mayheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
RCC Addict

my old LHS is a b****. i was looking around at motors and batteries, and an employee said "dont steal anything kid..." i was so pissed, and just walked out.

well, my new LHS is very nice. they dont stack up on crawler parts, but will special order parts just for you.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I guess im one of the lucky ones. We have a few lhs here and one is more dedicated to crawling. It also helps that the owner goes crawling with us. Thanks Team Valadez
poncho_ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Same here. My "lhs" is only interisted in nitro's, planes and slashs. Then again they are so far behind the times they havent switched to lipos either.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I would say that our local hobby shop is "Hobby Garage". Sure they are 90 miles away....but If I ever need anything, they carry a crap load of crawler stuff....give Ben/Arron a call.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I went to my lhs today to pick up some lexan sheets to make panels for my Berg. They had a Wraith, a scx kit, a set of Rovers and a set of Sedonas. My jaw dropped ! Guess they do listen sometimes.
Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Sorry to hear that your LHS is pulling out of crawling...

My LHS is pretty well rounded and also very big. They sell a lot of kits and RTR's as well as stock every part for those kits...cars, boats, planes, rockets, and crawlers....including Axial, Tamiya, Losi, etc. They've recently started carrying RC4wd rims, tires, and scale stuff.
They even ship parts anywhere in NA.
The shop is called Eliminator RC
Evandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Funny here in Japan everyone is in to the drift R/c's. I am outcasted as a actual wheeler and a R/c wheeler
meanbgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #16
RCC Addict

i was told the same thing at my LHS, thats why i get everything from the vendors on here or the FSS
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

my lhs doesnt want anything to do with crawling. they are mainly race oriented. they have a couple s/c bashers and carry t-maxx, summits and wheely kings from time to time. went there a few times looking for parts and building materials but no luck. i had even thought of putting the idea of a crawler course on their lot but they arent having it. "nowhere to crawl in florida" is what they said. i need to point them to this site to maybe open their eyes that the crawler scene is a growing market and alot of guys who been in the racing scene are getting out due to the expense an going to crawlers for their fix. i put up some flyers for my course in their window once but no bites. maybe i should make a poster that grabs peoples attention.
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Hobbytown Concord, everything else is inferior!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #19
RCC Addict

The LHS here sells some crawler items. A LHS is just like any other store, they need to carry what they sell the most of in order to keep the doors open. Crawling is a drivers sport. Ive seen a lot of people get disinterested in crawling as soon as there rig wont make it through a gate everyone else's did. That makes me want to try harder. Others sell there rig.

So with that said I dont blame the LHS for not stocking many crawler parts. I wish it was differant, but around here. Thats the way it is.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Tammies Hobbies is 30 minutes from me....I know, I'm spoiled. Thanks Ryan Gerrish! I also have a Hobbytown and Coyote Hobby close by that both carry a few things. If Tammies doesn't have what I need or I don't want to drive over there, I order from RPP or The Crawler Store, great online vendors.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote