Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: In Denver for a couple days

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default In Denver for a couple days

I'm in Denver for the next two days with my family.

I'm just wondering if any of you locals can suggest some fun things to do while I'm here?
Maybe even some good places to eat?

I'm in east Denver. Near aurora.

Thanks in advance!

Marc
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #2

don't know what you're into. Yelp will probably be your best bet.
We live on the west side but theres a couple decent places to eat around town. One close to you is L and L Hawaiian Barbecue in Aurora, off I-225 and Alameda, the best.

Pete's kitchen on colfax, for all your late night cravings, open 24/7

Mexican, We prefer Tacos and Salsas, they have a couple locations.

If you feel like crawling, a few of us get together for "fun comps" on the west side, check the Colorado thread for wednesday fun comps.

Lakeside Amusement park is fun for a few hours, old school run down park,janky rides, wooden roller coaster, greasy food, strange carnies, good fun

Enjoy Colorado

Last edited by Guillotine Graphics; 08-16-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Guillotine Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Tommyknockers in Idaho Springs!!! Little microbrewery with amazing beer and fish and chips. Its only like 30 minutes from denver if I remember correctly...

Sooooooooo delicious........
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

If you have time, DEFINITELY make a trip to the mountains. My first recommendation would be a day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (a couple hour drive from Aurora). If that takes too much time, make a quick trip up Mt Evans (the road to the 14,000 foot summit starts in Idaho Springs). Idaho Springs is 30 minutes west of Denver on I-70. Mt Evans has incredible views all along the road, where you will also see mountain goat and big horn sheep.
Closer to town, consider going to Water World Water Park at 88th and Pecos St. in Westminster. Again, about 30 minute drive from Denver.
In Denver, consider Elitch Gardens Amusement Park/Water Park. If you have small children, the Children's Museum in Denver would be worth the trip.
South of Denver, there is something unique - indoor sky-diving at SkyVenture (9230 Park Meadows Dr). And, Park Meadows Mall is also a very nice place for shopping.

For dining, Pagliacci's Italian Restaurant has fantastic classic italian at a reasonable price; it is located in north Denver at 1440 W. 33rd Ave. In the Highland neighborhood (north central Denver), Duo Restaurant (2413 W. 32nd Ave.) is upscale contemporary american dining that emphasizes organic, locally grown food.
Enjoy your stay in the Denver area!
waltgpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Shameless Plug:

If you are near Commerce City you need to visit "Shifters Bar and Grill", the wings are awesome and the "Shifter Burger" will blow your mind.

5797 Quebec St.
Commerce City, CO

(303)287-9771

GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys and gals.

I was hoping to make it out to a fun crawl and hangout for a bit, but we ended up having my sister in laws car real down on the highway. I spent just over an hour fixing it, and then we ended up driving to boulder and ate dinner on pearl street.

I think we are taking the kid to the zoo today after breakfast in downtown Denver.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
Thanks guys and gals.

I was hoping to make it out to a fun crawl and hangout for a bit, but we ended up having my sister in laws car real down on the highway. I spent just over an hour fixing it, and then we ended up driving to boulder and ate dinner on pearl street.

I think we are taking the kid to the zoo today after breakfast in downtown Denver.
I know people say it totally sucks now, but I would definitely go and eat at Casa Bonita. You have to go at least once.

Nobody said Elitch Gardens but that would be a ton of fun too.

And the Denver Zoo is one of the best in the country. I went many times when I was younger. Maybe the Denver Museum of Nature and Science too since it's practically next door. They have some of the best and largest dinosaur fossils and complete skeletons in the world.

Also, as stated above, the trip to Mt. Evans. if you guys have a car that can handle the elevation. It is my one of my absolute favorite places in the world

And also as stated above, Rocky Mtn Nat Park is one of the best drives you can ever have in your lifetime. If you can, go.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I do have to agree with Rig Rocker. Everyone should experience Casa Bonita at least once. The food isn't any good, but the atmosphere is like a tacky, restaurant version of Las Vegas. And, as a bonus, kids absolutely love the place! Bonus #2 - unlimited sopapillas!
waltgpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thy have Good burgers at crave in castle rock.

If you want to drive south....

There is the air force academy, the Olympic training center, pro rodeo hall of fame, and pike peak here in the springs...
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i am in loveland for 6 days about 1 hr north i just flew in 1hr ago
crawlmaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
dnf

This is good info for me aswell,I'm taking the family on a road trip end of sept,1st of oct.And we will be going through colorado.I knoow I want to hit like wolf creek pass and a old gold mine or 2,but wasnt sure what else to hit.

I have been wondering when your winter gets started,down here in tx we really dont get much till jan and feb.We wont have 4wheel,and I dont want to get cought out,if we hit the road in the next 6 weeks should we be ok weather wise?

We are heading out for 9 days,west through new mexico,then arizona,then heading north west into nevada,then back east into utah,then north into wyoming and back south into colorado.We will spend most of our time in yellowstone and colorado.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
..I'm taking the family on a road trip end of sept,1st of oct....should we be ok weather wise?
You'll be fine during that time period.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

So what did you end up doing while there??

Any crawling?
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote