Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gun and knife picture thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #901
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Gun and knife picture thread!

I am wondering.

Any of you guys know of a good way to carry a 12" knife concealed.

Im thinking like a shoulder holster maybe ?

I have no idea, but i figures better ask the experts before i hit up the internet for answers.

I was just given something a bit smaller than the Bowie i posted not long ago, should fit nice under a armpit on a guy my size ( 6′ 3″ )
Would like to EDC it though its illegal here, but i that.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #902
Quarry Creeper

Dundee says let it all hang out.

I really feel for you that you are not able to carry a firearm.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:44 PM   #903
I wanna be Dave

Do you need a large fixed blade or that's what you have? I good assisted open lock blade would be much easier.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:42 AM   #904
Quarry Creeper

With a little practice, an Emerson folder is faster to deploy than any kind of knife out there, if that's all you are allowed to have. I love my Spyderco Delica Emerson Wave, even though it tried to kill me.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:14 AM   #905
Rock Crawler

Well in pointy sharp department its almost as sad as in firearms department, if its more dangerous or larger than a toothpick its illegal to carry unless you are fishing or hunting or about to do / have just done any of those 2.
A knife you can one hand open is also illegal as is assisted opening, but i do also carry a little one hand opening pocket knife.

It is funny how once bloodthirsty brass balled Danes have become such pushovers on this.
I must blame the damn hippies for this, it was about when they came around things started to go to hell here.

And no doubt the rise in use of knifes and firearms is largely to he blamed on the people coming here from warmer climates.
It was also people like that that was to blame for me using my skills way back in the late 80ties when i was attacked for no reason by people where two carried and tried to use knife on me. ( for my actions there i got some applause by the other people on the street )

Sure if you use a knife or a gun on some one for no reason they should drop the book on you, or in my point of view even a heavier book than the one we got now.

But i dont plan on doing that, but i have to admit i have become old and slow so if i get into a alteration again i am sure next time around i cant make do with a few cuts in a arm i can cycle home and stitch up myself.

Last edited by Peaker; 12-22-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:03 PM   #906
I wanna be Dave

My latest built.

Started as a AMD65, but I just didn't care for the folding stock or handguard.

So, I've transformed it into my version of the J•AK Carbine.

Last edited by dezfan; 12-31-2016 at 09:37 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #907
Come and take them!®

Picked up a couple after Xmas sale items. Not sure who is familiar with Bubba Blade items, but I like their stuff, super sharp and hold an edge for a good while. Folding pocket knife is pretty sweet.
Attached Images

Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #908
RCC Addict

Picked up this M&P 15 Sport many years ago, with the 5r barrel. Threw some Magul parts at it and enjoyed it a few times a year.

Fast forward to this fall, decided to make it what I really wanted all along, but on a budget.

CTR stock has been there since the beginning. Added a $50 Keymod rail, Magpul SL grip, Levang linear compensator, BCM gunfighter charging handle, afg2, MOE front sling mount and Vtac 2 point sling, and a Cabelas 1-4 "AR" illuminated scope in a $40 qd mount from China.

There's a nice big piece of fuzz on the reticle, heading back to cabelas to swap it out today

maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #909
Quarry Creeper

Unfortunately you get what you pay for when it comes to optics. I'd have loved to have had something nicer on my .300BLK build, but I'm really happy with what I have at the same time for the money I spent.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #910
RCC Addict

I agree. For $99 out the door I was satisfied. Until that junk floated on there... it's obnoxious.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #911
RCC Addict

Exchanged the scope this afternoon. Same scope, same box. This one came with a cheesy extended mount and a neoprene cover, which I actually really like.

No more fuzz on the reticle, but one small problem. A giant chunk of black in the top right corner. Looks like a cut o ring, or something along those lines. Back I go to inspect all the scope on the shelf. Half tempted to get a refund and add a bit for something else. Burris, Bushnell and Vortex all have options under $300.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #912
Quarry Creeper

Default Gun and knife picture thread!

Half tempted? That's 2 for 2. With that kind of QC, how well do you think it's going to hold up long term? Or better yet, to being dropped? Get yer money back and save a little more. Buy once, cry once. Also along those lines, decent mounts aren't cheap either.

Last edited by hpiguy; 01-10-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:31 AM   #913
RCC Addict

Half tempted = definitely going back. Vortex strike eagle at $329 has a lot of good reviews. From there it's $500 for a PST or $734 for a (discontinued) gen 1 razor hd. The strike eagle is 1-6x which would be nice.

I wanted to like the scope, it definitely seemed too good to be true at that price. Obviously it was. Oh well, move on.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:19 AM   #914
Quarry Creeper

Ah, wise move. Buddy of mine has the strike eagle and has been very happy with it. Also check out SWFA, or primary arms on a tighter budget.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM   #915

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Half tempted = definitely going back. Vortex strike eagle at $329 has a lot of good reviews. From there it's $500 for a PST or $734 for a (discontinued) gen 1 razor hd. The strike eagle is 1-6x which would be nice.

I wanted to like the scope, it definitely seemed too good to be true at that price. Obviously it was. Oh well, move on.
Holosun (also rebranded as Primary Arms) optics are pretty damn good for the money. Lots of people shun them, but that's just ignorance. I forget which YouTube channel did the test, but they tied a rifle with a Holosun/Primary arms optic behind a truck and dragged it all over. The optic withstood the test. I really like mine.

Do any of you guys have a 9mm AR? I want to build one to go alongside my .223/5.56 AR.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #916
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Ah, wise move. Buddy of mine has the strike eagle and has been very happy with it. Also check out SWFA, or primary arms on a tighter budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Holosun (also rebranded as Primary Arms) optics are pretty damn good for the money. Lots of people shun them, but that's just ignorance. I forget which YouTube channel did the test, but they tied a rifle with a Holosun/Primary arms optic behind a truck and dragged it all over. The optic withstood the test. I really like mine.

Do any of you guys have a 9mm AR? I want to build one to go alongside my .223/5.56 AR.
I'll see what I can fondle at the local shops. Being in Montana, we have more gun stores than grocery stores

The store across town has Nightforce and Elcan optics 3 feet away from NcStar... there's plenty of variety to choose from.

Last edited by maslin; 01-11-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #917
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

I second holosun/primary arms. I have a few of their optics and the are exceptional for the money. No they aren't Aimpoint or NightForce level but they are plenty good enough. I also have a vortex scope and red dot. Both are incredibly good. The glass in the scope is Nikon/Leupold quality and I paid less then $300 for it. I got the Diamondback HD.

Jato I do not own a 9mm AR but was researching building one for a while. To be honest with the options that were available about a year ago it was actually going to be cheaper to buy a sig mpx and SBR it. Basic bolt carrier groups were almost $200 themselves. I don't know how much has changed with them price wise but Palmetto State Armory 9mm AR uppers and lowers on sale almost all the time. I believe they are Glock mag lowers with last round bolt hold open. ETS mags are cheap and mine have been flawless so far.

Last edited by stevejr; 01-11-2017 at 01:55 PM.
stevejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejr View Post
I second holosun/primary arms. I have a few of their optics and the are exceptional for the money. No they aren't Aimpoint or NightForce level but they are plenty good enough. I also have a vortex scope and red dot. Both are incredibly good. The glass in the scope is Nikon/Leupold quality and I paid less then $300 for it. I got the Diamondback HD.

Jato I do not own a 9mm AR but was researching building one for a while. To be honest with the options that were available about a year ago it was actually going to be cheaper to buy a sig mpx and SBR it. Basic bolt carrier groups were almost $200 themselves. I don't know how much has changed with them price wise but Palmetto State Armory 9mm AR uppers and lowers on sale almost all the time. I believe they are Glock mag lowers with last round bolt hold open. ETS mags are cheap and mine have been flawless so far.
The Palmetto emails remind me often that I want a 9mm lower! I agree that they are expensive though. I don't understand why they are so much more than standard parts.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #919
RCC Addict

Done. For today

Guess that budget went out the window, can't wait for longer days and time to go shooting.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #920
RCC Addict

For those that followed my stolen gun story- police called me the other day and did a sting. It was enroute to Iowa with some other stolen firearms. They have mine in custody!! I'm truly surprised. They don't know when I can retrieve it yet but hot damn I get it back. I'll post a happy reunion pic in here when I get er back.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire power!, second amendment