Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gun and knife picture thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #921
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Gun and knife picture thread!

Started this collection a little over a year ago... I think im off to a good start..

Last edited by D19er; 01-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2017, 01:51 AM   #922
Rock Crawler

This is what i am up against with my single action phone number to the police, and my personal EDC the F&F magnum

And i think thats just from one successful raid, and a fraction of what it out there in the hands of criminals.

Last edited by Peaker; 01-23-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #923
I joined the Band!

This just came in -_-

80% done for 100% fun
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #924
Quarry Creeper

Is that the CIC etched into it?
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #925
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Is that the CIC etched into it?

Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #926
Quarry Creeper

Lol
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #927
Rock Stacker

I've joined in the conversation in this and other threads but have only posted one picture of my Sig 320 so i figured I would brave the ads on Photobucket today to post a few more just for kicks. The first one is a project I started in January and have slowly been completing. All I have left to get is a parkerizing kit and a barrel. The slide is a Type 2 marking Remington Rand slide from a WW2 1911A1. The markings indicate it was made somewhere between 1943 and 1945. I found it in my now deceased WW2 veteran Grandfathers stuff I was given when he died. I decided to make into a semi clone of an original Remington Rand 1911A1. It will not be a 100% true clone but will be close enough for me. It will be chambered in .45 acp.

Last edited by stevejr; 02-01-2017 at 01:15 PM.
stevejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #928
Rock Stacker

Here are the last 2 I am going to post today. I have more but I don't want to post a bunch of stuff in a row and clog up the thread. This picture is a gun I just bought Monday. I found it on clearance at Dicks Sporting Goods. It is brand new and I got it for about $200 off retail price. The price was actually about $150 less then even online gun sales so I consider it a bargain. Walther PPQ M2 in .40S&W (my personal favorite pistol caliber to carry)

This is my Sig Sauer Nitron Rail 1911 in .45acp

Old 02-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #929
RCC Addict

New gun I picked up a couple weeks ago, Savage Axis XP in .223 flavour.

canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #930
Rock Stacker

Love savage rifles! Does that have the AccuTrigger on it? I was thinking about getting an 11 Scout for hunting but as of this morning PA has moved out of the 18th century and legalized semi auto hunting for all species. Makes my .300blk SBR and 20in barreled .308 ARs usable for hunting so I don't need a bolt gun. Of course because I can't seem to stop buying guns I'll probably get a Scout at some point anyway.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #931
I wanna be Dave

My local Dick's doesn't carry handguns. Only long guns.
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:08 AM   #932
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejr View Post
Love savage rifles! Does that have the AccuTrigger on it? I was thinking about getting an 11 Scout for hunting but as of this morning PA has moved out of the 18th century and legalized semi auto hunting for all species. Makes my .300blk SBR and 20in barreled .308 ARs usable for hunting so I don't need a bolt gun. Of course because I can't seem to stop buying guns I'll probably get a Scout at some point anyway.
No it doesn't, the Axis II comes with the Accutrigger. I'm just going to modify the trigger by getting a lighter spring. My Savage Mark II has it, and I love it since it has just over 2lbs of pressure. I don't hunt, I just target shoot.

That's stupid you couldn't use semi auto's, here in Canuckistan we can, except most AR's since they fall under our restricted category so you can only use them at a range.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:29 AM   #933
Rock Crawler

That SIG 1911 made the sound of something hitting the underside of my computer table reappear.

If i had the chance i would be getting me some of that.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #934
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
That SIG 1911 made the sound of something hitting the underside of my computer table reappear.

If i had the chance i would be getting me some of that.

It is a really nice pistol. Some would argue it isn't a true 1911 because of the external extractor but it came with 2- 8rd magazines, Sig night sights, and a match barrel. It cost less then a similarly equipped Springfield and way less then a Kimber.

It has about 1000rds through it so far with only 2 failures. One was intentional. I tried to see how "limp wristed" it could be shot before failure. The answer was I almost dropped it by the way. The second was from a new shooter who didn't have the magazine inserted completely. When he fired it the magazine slid down enough it shoved the next round into the frame instead of the chamber. I cleared it for him and he spent the rest of the afternoon falling in love with 1911s.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #935
Rock Crawler

I had the original ww2 colt way back in the day when i was a very naughty kid, and i liked it a lot.

But 45 ACP ammo dident really pop up often on the black market here, so it had to go for a 9 mm as that was plentiful.

Today carrying such a thing without the permit no regular Danes have = no less than a 2 year jail sentence.
And discharge it in the public room and you are screwed like really bad, even if you dont hit anything.

I am so born in the wrong place
Old 02-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #936
I wanna be Dave

My new toy. Savage 64 .22LR - Just got the scope and bipod on it. Taking it out this weekend to sight in.

2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #937
Rock Crawler

Bought this Savage Model 11 in .308 a few years ago but, threw it in the closet when a retaining pin fell apart the second time I opened the bolt. Only paid a bill for it so kinda knew it had to have something wrong. Well, now that we build guns at my work, I decided to pull it out, today. A co-worker built me a new pin in a few minutes and I now have a working gun that's worth 4x what I paid.

Last edited by KJ10; 02-06-2017 at 10:15 PM.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #938
Quarry Creeper

Picked up my AR today...

RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #939
Quarry Creeper

After a fair amount of research the last couple of days, and finding one of these at a LGS for what they sell for online, I grabbed a Sitemark Wolverine CSR. I know the brand generally gets a bad rap but from the reviews I read/watched this seems like a fairly new "diamond in the rough" for them. I particularly like the acclaimed battery life (900 - million hrs) and the fact that it runs off of a easily attainable single AA batt. It's shock proof, water proof, fog proof, nitrogen purged and has a scratch resistant, anti-reflective lens coating.

Time will tell though I suppose. I have a range day tomorrow at a friends farm so I will report back on both rifle function as well as the optic.

RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #940
Rock Stacker

Just make sure to take some gun oil with you. Soak the bolt carrier with it. These rifles love a wet bcg especially when new. I'd also take an AR chamber brush, cleaner, patches, and rod just in case you start having issues. You can clean the chamber and keep going.

Tags
fire power!, second amendment