Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gun and knife picture thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #961
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gun and knife picture thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
I found a GANZO G7361 pocketknife in my mailbox today, don't tell anybody cuz those are not legal on so many levels

I will not post a pic as my toy are not in the level of the toys you guys have.
This it?

Looks like a nice little blade.

If you don't mind my asking, Can you not even carry a simple pocket knife?

That's insane! So much for freedom.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Newest addition to the family.

Kel Tec Gen 2 Sub 2000 (Glock mag variant).
idk anything really about guns, but that is a cool af looking one.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #963
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
idk anything really about guns, but that is a cool af looking one.
I agree, Kel Tec makes some unique firearms and the Sub 2000 is one of the most unique with its ability to fold.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #964
Rock Crawler

We sell those. Hard af to find right now! Cool guns but I don't know much about them beyond name and price. So rare, the boss won't let us even fire one once.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #965
Rock Crawler

Here is a google translate, but still you get the bulk i think.

When should you have permission for a knife ? In a number of cases, it requires permission from the police to acquire, possess, carry or use certain knives and blanks.

This applies to:
  • Knives designed for thrusting ( stiletto's )
  • Auto knifes ( like my Ganzo )
  • Falling knives I think this are auto knifes where the blade come strait out of the handle
  • Two-part folding knives, whose blade can be folded out by hand (butterfly knives)
  • Knives designed to hang around the throat or shoulder so that they can be pulled with one hand
  • Throwing stars, throwing knives, kayaks, etc.
  • Blank weapons appearing as another object, for example carcasses
It is therefore prohibited, at all, to possess such knives and blankets.

It also requires permission from the police as a rule if a knife has a blade of more than 12 cm. However, hooks and knives with a blade of more than 12 cm are excluded from the prohibition and from the requirement for a permit from the police if used for professional purposes, for domestic use or for hunting, angling or sports or for another similarly recognized purpose.

However, it is a condition that the mentioned knives and dagger are designed for the said use and they may only be acquired, held and carried for the said use.

For example, if you want to buy and apply a hunting knife with a blade of more than 12 cm to anything other than hunting, it will require a license.

The prohibition is generally and not limited to public places.

How is the length of the blade measured? According to jurisprudence, the sharp length of a sharp weapon is measured from the shaft so as to include a possible crumbling, rough piece of blade blade, such a piece by the use of the knife as a weapon of fire acts as part of the blade.

When do you have to include a knife in a public place, etc.?
Even though no knife permission is required, it is far from certain that it must be included in a public place, etc.

It is illegal to include knives in such places as illegal.

It is apparent from the Knife act that it is forbidden to carry and possess knives and blankets in public places, places of education, youth clubs, recreational schemes etc.

However, there is the following exception to the prohibition If the inclusion of the knife occurs in the course of professional activity, or for use in hunting, angling or sporting pursuit or for other similarly recognized purposes.

When is a purpose recognizable?
  • Business: If a knife is to be used as a tool in a (legal) profession, such as a craftsman's possession of a knife in the course of business, it is allowed to carry and hold it in a public place. You should therefore also carry and hold the knife on the way directly to or from the work where the knife is to be used.
  • Hunting: If a knife is to be used in hunting, it is allowed to carry and hold the knife on the way directly to or from the place where the hunting takes place.
  • Fishing: If a knife is to be used for angling, it is also permitted to carry and hold the knife on the way directly to or from the spot where angling takes place.
  • Sports exercise: If a knife is to be used in connection with a sporting activity, it is also allowed to carry and hold the knife on the way directly to or from the sports activity.
  • Other similarly recognizable purpose: A knife may also be legally carried and held as part of a legal leisure activity. This applies in accordance with the law to the Knife act eg scouts and others who practice outdoor activities such as hiking, forest walks, sailing trips, etc. And in that regard uses a knife. It is thus also permitted to carry and possess the knife directly to or from the legal leisure activity.
I also think there are something about the blade locking in place for folders, that too was illegal in the old knife act, not sure if it have translated over into the new one.

What i have translated above are just the general least gibberish of the knife act, there are a lot of other BS you will need a master degree in law to have a little chance of understanding it.

You can still do a citizens arrest here, but you better not hurt the guy in any way, though him falling up and down stairs might happen and is generally okayed by the police
As long as its not a too long stair he fell down off while you "arrested" him

PS. like that Kel Tec :-) i have know about those for a while due to my intrest in firearms.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #966
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolofaner View Post
Woe. What was the cost of it?
They are supposed to retail about $380.00.

But they are so hard to come by, they can run as high as $550.00.

I got mine for $425.00.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #967
Quarry Creeper

Checked off adding a DA/SA to the collection today.

Old beater P95, possibly an LE issue? Has definitely been carried/used. Looks ok but functions just fine.

RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #968
I wanna be Dave

A little heavy, but really nice gun.

My brother has owned one for 15 years and it's never failed.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #969
Quarry Creeper

First time at the new hunting property, finally got somewhere you can really stretch 'em out and see what they'll do. There's an 8" AR500 plate sitting 250yds out.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #970
I wanna be Dave

Been busier than heck for several months now, but I have some free time tomorrow afternoon and it looks like the rain is finally going to stop, so I'm going to hit the range!

Taking my favorite rifle from my collection. My Arsenal SAM7SF-84.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:44 PM   #971
Rock Crawler

Up for auction:

4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:28 AM   #972

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
First time at the new hunting property, finally got somewhere you can really stretch 'em out and see what they'll do. There's an 8" AR500 plate sitting 250yds out.

Is it legal to shoot towards power lines?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:35 AM   #973
Quarry Creeper

I have no idea, but common sense tells me never shoot towards them anyway, so I don't. If you can make out the dirt road that goes to the right of the first power pole, our target was on the right hand side of that road. In the pic, the weapon is clear, bolt locked back, safety on, ejection port cover open for inspection, empty mag laying on the bench.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #974
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have no idea, but common sense tells me never shoot towards them anyway, so I don't. If you can make out the dirt road that goes to the right of the first power pole, our target was on the right hand side of that road. In the pic, the weapon is clear, bolt locked back, safety on, ejection port cover open for inspection, empty mag laying on the bench.
Damn... I usually ride my dirtbike on powerline trails.. I will think twice from now on..lol! Dont want my day ruined by a 5.56 round to the chest.. wouldnt make for a good weekend...
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #975
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by D19er View Post
Damn... I usually ride my dirtbike on powerline trails.. I will think twice from now on..lol! Dont want my day ruined by a 5.56 round to the chest.. wouldnt make for a good weekend...
Another instance where common sense prevails, but on both sides. The target is mid way down the hill you see in the distance, so as to stop any stray rounds. I was raised around guns, and myself, and the guys I shoot with are all responsible shooters. I WILL NOT spend range time with unsafe idiots.

Also, this is all on private property, so you're not riding a dirt bike here without permission from the warden (the owner).
Old 05-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #976
I wanna be Dave

My local smith called and told me my Draco pistol was ready for pickup.

I had him install a universal carbine adaptor to the rear of my Draco so that I could install the Shockwave Blade brace.

With the recent ATF "re-reversal" of their OPINION on the legality of shouldering a brace, I thought I should take advantage.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #977
Quarry Creeper

Yep, now if everyone will just accept the gift we've been given, and not write letters every other week maybe we'll be good to go.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #978
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yep, now if everyone will just accept the gift we've been given, and not write letters every other week maybe we'll be good to go.
Isn't that the truth.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #979
Rock Crawler

Finally got a 1911 of my own. Just took a bit of "horse trading" with my brother. Got a really good deal, for what it is. Probably shouldn't even post this on the internet!

KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #980

I stained the 3D printed grips that I made for my 1911 this weekend. I'm happy with the results.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire power!, second amendment