Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gun and knife picture thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2019, 10:24 PM   #1461
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Gun and knife picture thread!

Is that a +2 or +3 on the G26? I really like how their base plates blend with the factory lines better. I need to pick one up for sure!
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #1462
I wanna be Dave

It's a +2.. I think the +3 would be too much..
The +2 isn't any bigger then the pinky catch, you have.
It just extends back to your palm. Which is the #1 reason I love the Hyve extensions!

I had carpol tunnel surgery and the back of the grip lands right on my scar.. With that little extra, it's Amazingly comfortable to shoot!

Hell, the +2 on the G43 makes it feel like shooting a G19..

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #1463
Quarry Creeper

Gotcha, got one on order, thanks. I run a TTI +1 on my G43, but that's all about max concealment in summer attire for me.

Last edited by hpiguy; 03-13-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Been wanting something with a light rail. Rather than spend the coin on an all new gun, I just picked up a Poly 80 lower for my G26. It's always been dead nuts reliable, and I shoot it well. That, along with the price difference between the two options meant this made the most sense to me. Also picked up some Meprolight night sights, and an Olight PL-MINI 2. Took it to the range today for it's first 200rds, and it ran flawlessly. Was a bit tight at first cycling by hand, but it's smooth as can be now. Really happy with how it turned out.

Covered in crud and excess oil after running it in today, but you get the idea

Oh you finished it? It looks good! I have to build a P80.

I love my Olight stuff, but they have the absolute worst customer service. I placed 3 orders around Black Friday. The one just never showed up. It took months of fighting and non responses to get my order months later.

Hyve extensions are sweet looking, but I don't know why I can't justify the money.

This past weekend my dad and I visited some new gun shops an hour away and I fell in love with an NAA Talo Bug Out. It was previously owned, but unfired. They had it for $250 and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up since I've always wanted an NAA. Maybe this weekend if I can talk my girlfriend into changing plans and heading to the gun shop.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #1465
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Tim. I have a NAA, not sure on the model. I only bought it because my Grandpa carried one for years, and I didn't get it when he was gone. I have the combo with both .22LR and .22WMR cylinders. They are very well built little guns, but I can't hit shit with mine from more than a few feet away. It's my cycling carry with the first round being ratshot, fits in a jersey pocket perfectly.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #1466

Quote:
Thanks Tim. I have a NAA, not sure on the model. I only bought it because my Grandpa carried one for years, and I didn't get it when he was gone. I have the combo with both .22LR and .22WMR cylinders. They are very well built little guns, but I can't hit shit with mine from more than a few feet away. It's my cycling carry with the first round being ratshot, fits in a jersey pocket perfectly.
Sweet gun! Sorry to hear you didn't get your grandfathers!

I originally only wanted to get an NAA with both calibers. But I saw the Talo Bug Out and I just liked it with the Talo sight and orange grip. It's only 22LR, but I don't have any other 22WMR guns so I'm not sure I need it. I'm not even sure I'd carry this gun. I think it would just be a range toy.

I can, surprisingly, shoot my dad's Deringer well. It's the only gun I can shoot better than him. He schools me in every other handgun and long gun. I think it's because he has big paws whereas I have little ones. Because of that, I hope I can shoot the NAA well.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #1467
Quarry Creeper

I like the magnum option, as it does really ramp up the stopping power for sure. I should probably just shoot mine more often. But it's more of a novelty item than anything to me, and I got a smoking deal on it. Mine is my last line of defense against overly aggressive dogs with dumbass owners, hence ratshot being the first round. I would hate to shoot a doggo, I prefer them to most people honestly. But, I've been bitten, and I'm not missing work and dealing with medical bills because some meth head or dipshit doesn't know or obey the laws, or love their animals enough to keep them safe.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #1468
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I had one of these, and you're right, you cant hit anything accurately more than a couple feet away. However, someone grabs you and you can use it, it will disable an attacker long enough to turn around and kick the shit out of him.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #1469
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
I had one of these, and you're right, you cant hit anything accurately more than a couple feet away. However, someone grabs you and you can use it, it will disable an attacker long enough to turn around and kick the shit out of him.
That's very true, and another reason the .22WMR option is appealing. There's a HUGE difference in .22LR and .22WMR. But, like I said, it's a novelty item for me. I'd literally grab anything else in my collection for carry purposes. BUT, on those rare occasions when this is all I have on me, it's still better than nothing at all for sure. And, they're made in the US, and incredibly well made too. I should really spend a bit more time with it on my next gun outing and work on shooting it at least a little better. If that's even possible.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:31 AM   #1470

Last weekend was my girlfriend suggested we go back to the gun shop and get the NAA that I wanted. That was a shocker because she usually tells me not to waste money on more guns. But I'm not arguing! So we drove back out there and I picked up the Talo Bug Out Box that I mentioned a few posts ago.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #1471
Quarry Creeper

Nice! Let me know if you have any better luck with accuracy than I do Tim.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:26 PM   #1472
Quarry Creeper

As some of you already know, I've started learning to do my own kydex holsters and gear. I had all the stuff laying around to make my press other than glue and screws.

This is the press I built, it's just plywood and two layers of yoga mat.

Clamped down doing work

This is my first attempt earlier today for my P80 G26. Doing an OWB setup for it. Molds came out first try. BUT, the first sheet got a little too hot and almost lost that one. DO NOT trust the temp in your toaster oven, even if you've checked it with an infrared thermometer until you actually put a sheet of Kydex in there. The Kydex soaks up heat more than the tray it lays on is my guess. I had to turn mine way down and I had even used my temp gun to set it. Just need to do some trimming first, then mark, drill and set rivets, then more trim and sanding.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #1473
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's very true, and another reason the .22WMR option is appealing. There's a HUGE difference in .22LR and .22WMR. But, like I said, it's a novelty item for me. I'd literally grab anything else in my collection for carry purposes. BUT, on those rare occasions when this is all I have on me, it's still better than nothing at all for sure. And, they're made in the US, and incredibly well made too. I should really spend a bit more time with it on my next gun outing and work on shooting it at least a little better. If that's even possible.

Not really a "huge" difference out of the discussed gun. A rifle or long barrel pistol sure, but for a belly gun it doesn't really matter.

And no offense to anyone here that carries one of those ultra mini revolvers, but I would never trust my life to one. There are plenty other BUGS that would be better suited.

They are as mentioned already, a cool novelty though.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #1474
Quarry Creeper

^^Good point about barrel length.

I got the first holster done this evening. Came out decent for my first try I think, and I learned things to carry into my next build for sure.

Also got my Hyve extension installed. Had to do some trimming on the retainer piece due to differences in the P80 frame, but I'm really happy with it.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:45 AM   #1475

Quote:
^^Good point about barrel length.

I got the first holster done this evening. Came out decent for my first try I think, and I learned things to carry into my next build for sure.

Also got my Hyve extension installed. Had to do some trimming on the retainer piece due to differences in the P80 frame, but I'm really happy with it.
Looks good! That's especially true for your first try!

Now get that Muddy Girl Camo Kydex that you've had your eye on. Just kidding!
Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 AM   #1476
Quarry Creeper

^^LOL thanks Tim.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #1477
Quarry Creeper

I made some changes to the holster. Noticed my rivets were in backwards (purely cosmetic) so drilled them out and redid them and added a couple more for looks and just to prevent the Kydex from separating over time. And heated and bent the “wings” to conform to the body better. Got retention adjusted correctly too. Really happy with it, and ready to start the next one.

Last edited by hpiguy; 03-24-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #1478
Sinking with the ship

Newest acquisition...HK p30l, John Wick gun, compensator and extended mag Just ordered the low profile mag well for it too
Attached Images

1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #1479

Yep that's sweet! I love that sniper gray color.

I've never shot an HK, but everybody that has them seems to absolutely love them.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #1480
Quarry Creeper

Nice, HK makes good stuff for sure.

Tags
fire power!, second amendment