Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: monster garage: baja trophy truck new episode...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default monster garage: baja trophy truck new episode...

its on now here...... i LOVE prerunners/baja trucks.....could be a sweet episode
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
its on now here...... i LOVE prerunners/baja trucks.....could be a sweet episode
Watched it earlier..... pretty cool. Wanna know what happens? Huh? Do ya? Do ya?
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
MWRCA'er

Watching it right now, it seems like a good build. No old parts, rigged together stuff. Looks top notch.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It's a booty fabbed truck... JJ just needs to stick to mopeds
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #5
~THE SCALE SHOP~

watching hour two. the race part.....
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i liked it.was better then the norm mg.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:12 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

hmmm...is it rwd or awd? i did watch it and want to make a truck like that, but iam too lazy...
romeo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:26 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

rwd
joecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

i watched it they ended up breaking a rear trailing arm hiem(sp) joint at mile 218 so they had to quit, it was still cool though
'83 chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by '83 chevy
i watched it they ended up breaking a rear trailing arm hiem(sp) joint at mile 218 so they had to quit, it was still cool though
still made it farther than many other rigs

the cantileaver suspension was poor design, too close to the tail......a simple push and its outa commision, If they had used Johnny joints they would have stayed in the race
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

That was a pretty cool episode. I saw the truck racing at the Laughlin Desert Challenge in January and it didn't even come close to the other trucks out there.
ctcballer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcballer26
That was a pretty cool episode. I saw the truck racing at the Laughlin Desert Challenge in January and it didn't even come close to the other trucks out there.
Gee I wonder why................2 race experience against teams that have been competing for years? Yeah Jessie at several days seat time is gonna keep up with Robbie Gordon............
Old 06-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Oh wow way to go for shooting me down! For your information, I was just saying that, even though the show made the truck out to be a wild truck, which it still is, there are trucks out there that would even put that one to shame. It was just my little way of saying how extreme these trucks really are. I don't know if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what, but the whole rolling of the eyes smily thing is really lame. I am quite sure that I have worked around these types of trucks far longer than you have, so I really don't see why you need to act that way. By the way, it's Robby Gordon.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh wow way to go for shooting me down! For your information, I was just saying that, even though the show made the truck out to be a wild truck, which it still is, there are trucks out there that would even put that one to shame. It was just my little way of saying how extreme these trucks really are. I don't know if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what, but the whole rolling of the eyes smily thing is really lame. I am quite sure that I have worked around these types of trucks far longer than you have, so I really don't see why you need to act that way. By the way, it's Robby Gordon.
While you are pulling your bunched up panites outa your crack, most of those trucks are built very simiular to each other...the reason CLASS RULES.......most you could interchange parts on the point I was making is 90% of trophy truck is the driver.......you cant expect a beginner to run with the big dogs
Old 06-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

actually that chassis was 10 years old, jessie said that that's the only one they could get their hands on.., i think the should have really strengthened that back bumper.. especially after they cut the sh*t out of it..

bdr
bigdogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Other than driver the funky cantilever rear suspension design was just way to fragile........Jesse and the truck is the cover of may 06 dirt sports magazine..
Old 06-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

rockwerks - YGPM. That was indeed a 10 year old chassis and front end setup, and when compared to trucks coming out of shops like Geiser Bros., Porter, and others, this setup far pails in comparison. The only real rule in the SCORE trophy truck classes is that the truck runs a fiberglass body (besides tech stuff like tubing size, etc.), which is why you'll see some of the trucks as class one cars with a truck body (the Gibson trophy truck, Chet Huffman's trophy truck, etc.). Even Robby Gordon's H3 that he entered in the Baja 500 is a class one car fitted with a truck body. Trucks bear huge variations when compared to another, ranging from the modern G&R Geiser-built trucks, to the Baldwin trucks, to the Herbst trucks, and to Robby Gordon's shop's trucks. These trucks are all setup remarkably different from one another, leacing a substantial amount of room for differences among the class. Heck, even the CST and Evan Evans Pro 2's have raced as trophy trucks. There's even a retrofitted pro truck from the Ivan Stewart series being run as the current Desert Assassins truck. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going for this, except for that there is a HUGE amount of room for variation within the SCORE trophy truck class, and, that the Monster Garage trucks far pails in comparison performance-wise to a lot of the modern trucks, and even some of the older ones like the current Herbst truck. By the way, it is rumored that Jesse James is having Dick Porter build him a new truck, LOL.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Jesse James is having Dick Porter build him a new truck, LOL.
Sheesh the rumor mills travels fast doesnt it.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
rockwerks - YGPM. That was indeed a 10 year old chassis and front end setup, and when compared to trucks coming out of shops like Geiser Bros., Porter, and others, this setup far pails in comparison. The only real rule in the SCORE trophy truck classes is that the truck runs a fiberglass body (besides tech stuff like tubing size, etc.), which is why you'll see some of the trucks as class one cars with a truck body (the Gibson trophy truck, Chet Huffman's trophy truck, etc.). Even Robby Gordon's H3 that he entered in the Baja 500 is a class one car fitted with a truck body. Trucks bear huge variations when compared to another, ranging from the modern G&R Geiser-built trucks, to the Baldwin trucks, to the Herbst trucks, and to Robby Gordon's shop's trucks. These trucks are all setup remarkably different from one another, leacing a substantial amount of room for differences among the class. Heck, even the CST and Evan Evans Pro 2's have raced as trophy trucks. There's even a retrofitted pro truck from the Ivan Stewart series being run as the current Desert Assassins truck. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going for this, except for that there is a HUGE amount of room for variation within the SCORE trophy truck class, and, that the Monster Garage trucks far pails in comparison performance-wise to a lot of the modern trucks, and even some of the older ones like the current Herbst truck. By the way, it is rumored that Jesse James is having Dick Porter build him a new truck, LOL.
a new truck would help but seat time iw what the man really needs. That si the toughest class out there.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
a new truck would help but seat time is what the man really needs. That is the toughest class out there.
I agree.