Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gauged ears

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
I didnt use a taper except for the stretch to 7/16" (the worst by far on the way to 1/2") and the time I had the needle followed by a taper to start out bigger.

The trick is just pulling on it and slowly getting it to loosen up, just dont pull one direction or it could be uneven. Also it helps to leave your current plug out for a couple hours first, it starts to shrink but when you stretch it back out it is much easier to go bigger. Also take a hot shower or just dip your ear in a cup of hot water...Oh and of course some lube!
Just seems like a helluva' effort or exercise in vanity?

I get individualism, really I do, but ... well.. pulling and pushing on your ear...lubing it up, taking hot showers...I dunno
Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #42
RCC Addict

i just made my ears to 9/16. the pain isnt that bad. id say by far the worst was from 00 to 7/16. bled a little cause i went too fast
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nub View Post
i look at those kids at school and say what a fag. they are for queers take them out....
Narrow minded much?!?!?!

Some of you on the west coast know me. I have mine gauged to 1 inch. I feel that I can still look fairly professional. Below is a pic from AWCC, and another from my cousins wedding this summer. My ol' lady's mom, and my grandma actually dont mind the way they look. I have had 3 various lip piercings, and my tongue when I was younger, and personally, I think other piercings look worse than gauged ears. But that's just me. I also have tattoos of naked women covering my left arm, so what do I know

Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

first off, it's not "gauging" your ears, it's stretching. sorry but the term gauging bothers me when it's used in this context.

i have my ears stretched to 2 inches, and i can stick a finger in with my tunnels so i could easily put some 2.25" jewelry in them with no discomfort. i got them real big when i was less mature than i am now, and i figure since my ears are already fawked i might as well keep going. i'm just at a crossroads now where they are so expensive i can't bring myself to buy the next size. i have had them at 2 inches for almost 3 years now.

this pic is about a year old, but i still look exactly the same and i'm still at the same size

and to any of you guys that experience any pain or blood when stretching, you are going too fast. your ears need to be at a size for a MINIMUM of a month before going to the next size up. stretching will naturally happen if it's done right. if you go too fast, you will have blowouts, scar tissue, and you can cut off the blood to your lobes to where the skin just literally dies off. i had a friend a few years back that so desperately wanted to catch up to me that he killed the skin on his left lobe and it eventually just separated into two dangly pieces of skin.

Last edited by ohh EPiC FAiL; 11-30-2011 at 12:03 AM.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
Some of you on the west coast know me. I have mine gauged to 1 inch. I feel that I can still look fairly professional. Below is a pic from AWCC, and another from my cousins wedding this summer. My ol' lady's mom, and my grandma actually dont mind the way they look. I have had 3 various lip piercings, and my tongue when I was younger, and personally, I think other piercings look worse than gauged ears. But that's just me. I also have tattoos of naked women covering my left arm, so what do I know

Nice Perry the Platypus shirt....my kid would LOVE that.

You should wear the Fedora with it...

Last edited by JeremyH; 11-30-2011 at 07:56 AM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #46
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
Imagine pierced ears that you can stick your finger through the hole.
Got it...I've seen them everywhere but never knew that it had a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nub View Post
i look at those kids at school and say what a fag. they are for queers take them out....
I have no tattoos and no piercings...I have nothing against them, it's just not for me. I've met many people that do though, and the odd thing is that never once has any of them ever made fun of me because I don't. I show them the same respect.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I have no tattoos and no piercings...I have nothing against them, it's just not for me. I've met many people that do though, and the odd thing is that never once has any of them ever made fun of me because I don't. I show them the same respect.
Ditto. Different strokes for different folks...
Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Nice Perry the Platypus shirt....my kid would LOVE that.

You should wear the Fedora with it...
lol, I love Phineas and Ferb. Often, the background noise when working on RC's is either iCarly, Spongebob, Kick Butowski, or any of those cool shows. Im just a big kid
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #49
Scale Detail Engineering

I've always wondered what would you do if you got in a fight?
Try to hurry up and take them out?
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
lol, I love Phineas and Ferb. Often, the background noise when working on RC's is either iCarly, Spongebob, Kick Butowski, or any of those cool shows. Im just a big kid
Yeah, for the past year, every time I turn on the TV it is on the Disney channel...
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

After my kid goes to sleep ...I find my self watching either scooby doo or spongebob ....

brought to you by a not so smart... smart phone
aiden102408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #52
RCC Addict

I think you guys are all missing the point as to why some people do stretch their ears( I myself am covered in tattoos and have 3/4" stretched ears). It is supposed to symbolize paitance, if it is done correctly it takes a very long time stretching a little each weak, do it right and it wont hurt!! ...... Flame away at me now for being a fag!!!
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
I think you guys are all missing the point as to why some people do stretch their ears( I myself am covered in tattoos and have 3/4" stretched ears). It is supposed to symbolize paitance, if it is done correctly it takes a very long time stretching a little each weak, do it right and it wont hurt!! ...... Flame away at me now for being a fag!!!
+1 i always laugh a little when little scene kids are outside hot topic trying to stretch like 4 sizes and thinking they are tough cuz it hurts hahaha
Old 11-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
+1 i always laugh a little when little scene kids are outside hot topic trying to stretch like 4 sizes and thinking they are tough cuz it hurts hahaha
What are you doing hanging out in Hot Topic?

Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #55
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
yup, and the kids that get an entire sleeve tattoo at once... usually, it hasn't been earned and doesn't mean much except they have access to daddies credit card.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
What are you doing hanging out in Hot Topic?

haha it's been a while since i have. i try my best not to go there but it's a decent place to get band tees!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
yup, and the kids that get an entire sleeve tattoo at once... usually, it hasn't been earned and doesn't mean much except they have access to daddies credit card.
You gotta "earn" those?!?! No wonder I never got a tattoo....I am too lazy!

Quote:
it's a decent place to get band tees!
I like to buy mine right from the band at their shows.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

i always take that option if i can, but having a kid and a wife that gets mad if i go without her makes it hard to get to go to shows anymore.

and i agree with johnny, you need to take your time and have patience. if you get your ears scalpeled rather than stretching you end up with really thin skin. when you take your time and stretch, you want to go up a few sizes, then back down a size or two. doing that will actually cause more skin to grow and help your ears stay nice and healthy.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #59
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyta View Post
Whats the point? Comparing gauged ears to tattoos is kinda stupid- Tattoos are art, though permanent. I know people frown on them, but at least they can somewhat have a meaning. Maybe I'm missing the attraction to it, but IMO gauged ears look horrible. I'm not that old either at 29....
The "Point" of it? Why does it have to have meaning? There are people all over the world that have been doing this for thousands of years! Some to show wealth. Some to show a passage into manhood. Some to show what tribe they belong to. Some just because they adorn themselves for looks. For a lot of people it shows patience like another poster said. It takes a lot of time to "stretch" not gauge to the size that some people make it to. And by the way no matter how big you stretch to it can be reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I've always wondered what would you do if you got in a fight?
Try to hurry up and take them out?
There is no need to take them out. But if you wanted them out it would take 2 seconds to do so. It's not as easy to rip or tear out of your ear as one would think. I've seen over 100lbs hung from lobes before. So in a fight you would be just fine as far as your stretched ears go.

I can't believe how judgemental people are on here sometimes We could only get jobs at a circus? How about business owners with stretched ears! I'm one! Matter of fact I know many business owners that are covered with tattoos and stretched ears! We are God fearing, college educated, business owning, gun carrying, have families that help make this country go round! So instead of thinking that everyone that you see that has stretched ears or a lot of tattoo is just some punk kid that won't go anywhere in life think again. We have morals, standards and manners. Don't put all of us in the same boat! And I would love for one of you or a stranger to tell me to my face how stupid it is or looks. Grow up you closed minded judgemental people....
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i always take that option if i can, but having a kid and a wife that gets mad if i go without her makes it hard to get to go to shows anymore.
Yeah, I hear you. Thankfully, my wife isnt a fan of metal...