Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ok, Ok, I won't do meth!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
That wasn't bad. Till you see it up close and watch it tear your family apart you have no idea what its like
Yes, drug and alcohol addiction is terrible especially for the addict and their family. I have close family members who are alcoholic and friends with alcoholic relatives, you wouldn't believe what they are capable of saying and doing to even their family.

Meth imo is the worst drug ever. A neighbor who killed his wife had been using it for several years off and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Sad to say but that's probably for the better that they don't remember much.

That's just sad, I used to own a big trailer park and had several people in their that were way more devoted to their addictions than their kids.

Those girls are lucky as hell that grandpa and grandma are there for them and able to give them a wonderful life.
@Ricky, good for you stepping up and taking care of the children, they are more fortunate than they know.

From what I've seen, addicts who do the drugs/alcohol long enough and often enough will never be the same as they were before they started.

Last edited by Natedog; 12-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
RCC Addict

My daughter mom is on meth, she tarted at the beginning of the year, lost about 35% of her body weight, her face is starting to sink in on one side and her skin is nasty as hell!!!
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #23
Yashua

Been there done that, the 70's and 80's, these commercials don't even get close.
Buried friends and family, and my son just got out of the joint a month ago.

**** METH
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I just got tired one day, going over there and there's no food in the house, kids couldn't get rid of the lice they had for a couple years, I told the parents that I was taking the girls until they got their shit togethor

That's real HERO stuff right there!

I am not for from having to do the same with my brother. He and his POS wife have been on the shit for a little while now and the kids are being neglected. We are making arrangements now to get the kids and have them live with my grandmother. Some of the saddest and most aggravating stuff I've ever been through.

I have a feeling I am going to wind up physically fawking my brother up.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #25
Yashua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
It realer than you think.

I've had my 2 grandaughter for 4 years now cause their Mom and Dad love meth more than their kids.
My hats off to you Ricky, and keep them as far away from there parents as you can and as long as you can, they have already seen it , its in there memory and its hard for them to forget , kids are so smart and they remember everything, it's up to you to show them the differance between real and the rest of what they have experianced.
Bless you Ricky.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Wow. The testimonies here are more powerful than those commercials....and that's saying a lot.

Ricky, we've never met, but I have a world of respect for you because of what you're doing for your grandchildren.

And to everyone else with family/friends suffering from this, my best wishes to all of you.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Great commericals....hopefully they will scare the crap out of a few kiddies into even trying that awful narcotic.

It definately got my attention..and Im pushing 40!.
jeepster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
rik
RCC Addict

normally i'd leave a smart ass comment. but after watching those and reading ricky's story, all i can say is what a shame and how sad that all is..
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #29
Hell's Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
These damn Meth commercials are getting to be a little much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
normally i'd leave a smart ass comment. but after watching those and reading ricky's story, all i can say is what a shame and how sad that all is..

I got your back.

So how much did he get for the butt sex?? More than BD pays??
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Ricky your a great man for what your doing and so is your wife. I have seen first hand what this can do to small children and its heart breaking. From talking to a few people that have been on it and got clean, your body is never the same again nor is your mind.
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Default Meth'ed Up!

Nothing like seeing a family member turned into the walking dead. When I was 22 I had to take in my Sister's 3 kids to keep them from getting sent off to 3 different foster homes. They were 7, 2 & 1. The social worker recognized this was way too much for a 22 year old male and helped find a home for the babies that would keep them together (that was my condition for letting them go) while I still kept the 7 yo. for over a year. Luckily my Sister got her sh!t together (enough anyway) and eventually got all 3 of them back. The social worker said only about 15% of parents who have their kids taken away (for a 3rd time) actually get them back like she did.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Wow. The testimonies here are more powerful than those commercials....and that's saying a lot.

Ricky, we've never met, but I have a world of respect for you because of what you're doing for your grandchildren.

And to everyone else with family/friends suffering from this, my best wishes to all of you.
Could not of said it better myself.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
Sinking with the ship

Anyone ever watch the TV show on AMC called "Breaking Bad" Its on netflix...shit is crazy
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Anyone ever watch the TV show on AMC called "Breaking Bad" Its on netflix...shit is crazy
Seen every episode.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Meth is just as bad here in Tennessee ... But prescription pain pills are worse.. Since most people start out doing a legal thing and going to the dr the the dr gets you hooked and it only gets worse ... A bad four wheeler wreck and 4 yrs of pain meds.. Made me realize just how important family was.. So now I spend my money on this addiction called rc rock crawling.. Pretty expensive addiction.. And can cause as many problems between you and the wife as drugs.. God bless anyone and the family that has to deal with addiction wether its meth,pain pills,alcohol, or whatever it's a horrible thing

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I started watching it. At this point it almost seems like they are glorifying the shit...

My sister was a freaking train wreck for years on that crap.. I had let her move in at 18 when my dad kicked her out, I put up with her crap till she 24 when I came home and the oven was on fire because she finally passed out while cleaning it.. I had to give her the boot at that point..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster73 View Post
Great commericals....hopefully they will scare the crap out of a few kiddies into even trying that awful narcotic.

It definately got my attention..and Im pushing 40!.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know no one cares, but the grammar police are coming to get you. Wahwahwahwah!

A narcotic is a sleep inducing drug. Three really crappy categories that are somehow still commonly use to describe almost all illicit drugs (in lay and legal terms) are stimulant, narcotic, and hallucinogen. Meth is a stimulant.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

So a narcotics officer deals with criminals that sleep too much?
jeepster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster73 View Post
So a narcotics officer deals with criminals that sleep too much?
Some people misused the word a bunch. No reason to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Justice Dept
The term "narcotic," derived from the Greek word for stupor, originally referred to a variety of substances that dulled the senses and relieved pain. Today, the term is used in a number of ways. Some individuals define narcotics as those substances that bind at opiate receptors (cellular membrane proteins activated by substances like heroin or morphine) while others refer to any illicit substance as a narcotic. In a legal context, narcotic refers to opium, opium derivitives, and their semi-synthetic substitutes. Cocaine and coca leaves, which are also classified as "narcotics" in the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), neither bind opiate receptors nor produce morphine-like effects, and are discussed in the section on stimulants. For the purposes of this discussion, the term narcotic refers to drugs that produce morphine-like effects.[/SIZE][/FONT]
http://www.justice.gov/dea/concern/narcotics.html]
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

The meth and pill problem is horrible around here. People are constantly getting broken into. We had to do an essay in one of my classes on these videos. they took down the real good ones. We got to see them and all I could think is what the heck has this world came too. It is crazy what they put in meth now a days and what people will do to get high. It is just f'ed up.
JasonW is offline   Reply With Quote