Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #21
Sometimes, I make things.

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 Talk

I am going with this bullpup stock for its quality, there is a cheaper plastic option but I haven't read any good reviews on it, its junk. The laser and light will just be for fun, probably not on it all the time either. Not going with the Kidd 2 stage on this bullpup, I think it would be dangerous as the weight of the trigger slider would likely be enough to depress the trigger, I don't want a gun that will go off if you tip it up or jar it a little. I think the GSG is what my friends have, they are pretty nice really but I am not into the plasticy stocks on then, but they are cool guns.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #22
Jus
I wanna be Dave

The GSG5 or whatever it's called feels very cheaply made and just screams BB gun at best... Plus last I knew Heckler & Koch put an end to it over the issue of copying their precious MP5.

The only military inspired .22 to come out in recent years that I really have respect for is the S&W M&P15-22. It's a very well made little carbine with a good barrel (Made by Thompson Center I believe whom make excellent barrels) and all the controls are identical to a centerfire AR-15.

I would wholeheartedly recommend one(and I have one), but we're talking about 10/22's here which have enough aftermarket support to build an entire gun in any configuration imaginable without a single Ruger made part.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Here's my 10/22. Carved the stock myself learned all sorts of stuff at Rimfire Central. Head on over and check it out all sorts of stuff to learn over there. Its a blast but as addictive as RC stuff.

Bigfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #24

That gun is beautiful. Did you carve the stock from scratch or modify an existing one? What length is the barrel? After market receiver and trigger group?

I have been thinking about signing up on Rim fire Central, but everytime I join a new forum, thousands of dollars disappear from my account somehow and all this cool stuff comes in the mail, its strange.......
Old 12-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Thankyou. I glued up the blank and carved it from scratch. The barrel is 16 1/4 threaded for a future suppresor. The reciever is factory the bolt I sent to CPC to have squared and headspaced. The trigger I did myself after reading on Rimfire Central. The hammer in these things makes all the difference on the trigger pull. Simply installing a Power Custom hammer will drop the facory 8lb or so pull to about 2 lbs.
Sign up at Rimfire Central, a great bunch of folks. They are all willing to help whether you want to build an "ultimate" or what they call a "super stock". Your bank accout mileage may vary...
Old 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #26

I have thought about doing my own trigger job too. I didn't realize the bolt would affect trigger pull so much, this reinforces my want for the Kidd bolt, that is going on the list for sure. I likely will sign up and look into tips on doing your own trigger job, there must be a tutorial on there on it. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Not the bolt the hammer in the trigger group. The bolt work reduces the flyers. The hammer is a simple install if you buy an aftermarket version.

Ruger 10/22 Talk - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Talk me out of.... oldvintageiron Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 03-16-2010 08:26 PM
who to talk to?? mcreil41 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 12-15-2009 09:30 AM
Ruger LCR Shaun Chit Chat 17 05-28-2009 03:39 PM
Ruger LCP vs Kel TEc P 3AT vs.......... 72Blazer Chit Chat 22 03-30-2009 02:23 PM