Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Terra-Nova

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Terra-Nova

did anyone watch this new show on fox tonite?it looks like it will turn out to be a good series.cant wait until next monday night to watch it again.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The premise of this show confuses me, and perhaps I am taking it too literally...

The Earth is dying, so they send people 85,000,000 years back to rebuild society and to get it right without the greed or wars... OK, got that part, but wouldn't it make sense to send them back a few years AFTER the meteor that took out the dinosaurs and killed every land animal over 20 pounds hit the Earth?

It seems like they are doomed from the start...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
The premise of this show confuses me, and perhaps I am taking it too literally...

The Earth is dying, so they send people 85,000,000 years back to rebuild society and to get it right without the greed or wars... OK, got that part, but wouldn't it make sense to send them back a few years AFTER the meteor that took out the dinosaurs and killed every land animal over 20 pounds hit the Earth?

It seems like they are doomed from the start...
they said something in the show about it being a different timeline, so it wouldn't mess up the future.

i've been looking forward to this show since i saw the previews, i loved it. some of the CGI could have been better, but i'm sure it'll improve over time. can't wait to watch next week!
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
Try to Bend it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsonoma View Post
did anyone watch this new show on fox tonite?it looks like it will turn out to be a good series.cant wait until next monday night to watch it again.
I guess the girl friends don't come round on Mondays. We are yet to get it but we have the previews. Looks like it should be pretty good.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

the modern Human has only been around for about 400,000 yrs... so lets say the astroid hit 65 million years ago, that would give them 20 million years. I think in that amount of time they can figure something out.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i watched it last night to. thought it was a great show and gonna make a good series i think. some of the CGI was a little off but not to bad for a normal network show i didnt think at all.
and gives me something else to watch on monday nights before Hawaii 5.0
champ198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
they said something in the show about it being a different timeline, so it wouldn't mess up the future.

i've been looking forward to this show since i saw the previews, i loved it. some of the CGI could have been better, but i'm sure it'll improve over time. can't wait to watch next week!
They also said that the time rift just appeared one day, they didn't choose or have a choice as to the time it opened to.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
cherry bomb

I saw the previews a long time ago and thought it would be soemthing i'd be interested in, me and the girl watched it lastnight and both enjoyed it, i'm looking forward to watching more.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

liked it reminds me of lost
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Official Cook of the ECC

Watched it, it was okay, probably watch more episodes.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I watched it since the wife wanted too. I'm looking forward to more since the first 1-3 episodes of any show are always lacking something. Takes some time to get into it and to learn each characters role.

Yes, CGI was a bit lame for the most part but it's TV. Something to entertain us, not to rule our lives.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I watched it via the DVR last night. It was interesting and has potential. At this point I think it will either get really good or go down the drain and die a quick death. The guy playing the leader that has the beard is kind of annoying though, he seems a little too cartoonish and more of a caricature than anything. The young girl Sky also looks way older than 16. She has to be at least mid 20's and looks it to me.

The CGI had good parts and bad. The dinos were decent in the beginning but the slashers looked rather fake. Also some of the green screen work was too obvious. All in all not terrible for a TV deal but not awesome either. Maybe if sponsorship picks up and they have a bigger budget it will in turn reflect in the CGI. I also thought some of the sets were too obvious as sound stages. The beginning CGI of the decaying city was pretty good though.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

the guy with the beard is the leader/colonel from avatar inst he? just with a beard

so now hes the leader of 2 worlds lol
aztitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
Scale Detail Engineering

I'm planning on watching it tonight on Hulu.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I'm planning on watching it tonight on Hulu.

watched it yet?hope we didnt spoil for you.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

so its on fox, it will show half a season then get cancelled.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foproy View Post
so its on fox, it will show half a season then get cancelled.

that is probably about right.hope not the way it started out.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Nat Geo had it on the other night also.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I saw it on Nat Geo. I think it's going to be predictable. They already gave away the mystery of the drawings on the rocks. I'll bet we will find out the leader of Terra Nova had a little something going on with the leader of the 6's back in the day... and the 6's will turn out to be the "good guys".

The leader of Terra Nova probably doesn't know that he is being used by the mysterious "unknown at this time" faction that is trying to change the future by changing the past... blah blah blah.

It's entertaining though so I'll watch it.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I saw it on Nat Geo. I think it's going to be predictable. They already gave away the mystery of the drawings on the rocks. I'll bet we will find out the leader of Terra Nova had a little something going on with the leader of the 6's back in the day... and the 6's will turn out to be the "good guys".

The leader of Terra Nova probably doesn't know that he is being used by the mysterious "unknown at this time" faction that is trying to change the future by changing the past... blah blah blah.

It's entertaining though so I'll watch it.
is the mystery of the rocks on the second show? i beleive i have only seen the first one. is there more then one show that has been shown?
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote