Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Got a rough couple of days ahead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Got a rough couple of days ahead

Hey guys, its been a really bad couple of months health wise for me, and i may be getting some more bad news Monday morning. I have been fighting some bleeding lesions for about a year and a half now and i had a biopsy and culture done on the 5th. The results come back Monday and I'll find out what is the problem. From the research that i have done so far, I've ruled out MRSA and bacterial infections and the doctor is leery to give a diagnosis until the results come back, but the symptoms point to cancer. i really hope that is not what it is since my ability to heal after injury is diminished due to type one diabetes and i don't know how i will handle the treatment if that is what is wrong. I had one spot rupture today under my arm and it bled for over a hour spilling blood over my desk, through two washcloths, seven paper towels and a t-shirt. It was enough to make me dizzy and i spent the evening in the emergency room. They patched me up and sent me home telling me to follow up with my primary doctor on Monday. That was $2000 i didn't have (due to not having insurance) to make sure we could get the bleeding stopped. My wife is worried to the point of having panic attacks and unfortunately i don't know really how to console her since i am just as nervous. I guess what i am asking is for your prayers, you guys are a group that i respect and admire fr your kindness and understanding. Thanks for reading this, i feel a little better having typed it.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Got a rough couple of days ahead

Very sorry to hear of your health issues. I am due for back surgery on thursday, at least I know what I am dealing with. I hope you get some good results, so you can focus on fixing and healing. The unknown is a horrible and helpless feeling. Prayers to you and your family.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Attitude is everything.

Here's to hoping you don't get terrible news.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

You and your family are in are thoughts and prayers.
old man 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Always think positive...no matter what you are up against , it's most powerful
Prayers and all the best thoughts to you
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the kind words guys, trying to stay positive about it. Being down isn't going to fix things i just hope that i can move my right arm soon so i can get back into the shop and get some work done or at least drive my micro crawler around the house (that and its a pain in the rear to type with just my left hand). That seems to take my mind off of things. Its amazing the therapy that RC brings people. I remember a military rehabilitation facility gave wounded veterans RC kits to help with their rehab and to boost morale. No matter what happens Monday i have to keep fighting, I've only been married for four months and i have a lot of annoying left to do to my wife! Again guys thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Man i'm sorry to hear this...hopefully you don't get bad news come monday.

Your in my thoughts man!
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

whoa dude i hope everything goes well for you and your wife.. definitely keep us updated on whats going on. like said before its not fun not knowing whats wrong. cheer's to a fast recovery!!

my grandpa has diabeties (sp?) and is supposed to be taking needle injections everyday but he doesnt like needles so he's on pills and is not taking the amount he should. mom has had gull bladder problems for years and now dad is getting tested for high blood pressure and high cholestrol and closing arteries... it scares me because my grandpa (dad's father) had a heat attack, then had a massive stroke during open heart surgery and was on a ventilation system.. im 24 yrs old and since h/a's run in my family i have a feeling im next. so my parents and i are starting to watch what we eat.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

AX10 wanabe, take care of your ticker. I had my first heart attack at 22 and my second at 24. its a definite wake up call. Both of mine were stress induced but it was a very scary time for me. I hope that someone our age never has to go through that again. I'm only 25 now and i hope to get some insurance soon and get some of this behind me.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
I've only been married for four months and i have a lot of annoying left to do to my wife!
Perfect. Be sure you tell her that.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Life has its own special way of either making you very thankful..........or waking you up! August 9 2011 my girlfriend came over to my house to check up on me cause she knew i was feeling sick. I had talked to the morning before and she was not able to get a hold of me since then so she dropped by. She found me unconscious in my bed. Once the flight for lifed me to the hospital, two days later i regained consciousness. I had been out for almost 24 hours they think. My heart was operating at only 6 percent and my kidney had completly shut down. They said i was within an hour of my heart completly stopping. Turned out the "Flu" i thought i had, was a viral infection that settled in the lining of my heart and constricted it. after 2 weeks in ICU i was finally released. I had my last ecko done last week and they said my heart has fully recovered. im only 26.

My thoughts and my prayers go out to you and your family for all that you are faced with. It saddens me to hear of fellow enthusiast faced with such hardships. Keep your chin up as much as you can and be thankful for every day.
shooter125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Keeping you in my prayers Elmo! Real talk RC Bro ! Get well soon Bro!
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Prayers up Elmo , you are far too young to be dealing with health issues .
I am 41 , and in January 2011 I was admitted to the hospital after experiencing a strange sensation in my chest and then feeling faint. Not pain , but the boss man felt I needed to go to the hospital .
Glad he did. After a week in the hospital and 25,000 dollars later ( no insurance ) I was diagnosed with an enlarged heart , pumping at 10 %or less than normal and now have a defibrillator implanted to keep my heart in check .
The VA has taken over my treatment and right now I am undergoing tests because it is believed that exposure to low levels of sarin gas during Desert Storm while a Marine is the cause of this , and I have lived on the verge or dying for 20 years without knowing it .
I hope all works out for you , it really sucks to have your life stopped in its tracks . Keep your chin up ......
USMCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Hopefully you just have some sort of cyst or something.

Best of luck.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #15

Thoughts and prays are with you and your family. Rc's are a good way for me to take my mind off things too, even if it's just putting one battery through it. My gf doesn't quite understand that, but my mrc pro is my therapy worker.
Spence700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

My family thanks you all for the kind words. We're trying to rest up today and get ready for the early appointment in the morning. finally got use of my right arm a little bit ago and luckily the bleeding stopped at about four this morning. Unfortunately that didn't leave much time for sleep, so i look like a walker from The Walking Dead I'll post up what we find out as soon as we get home from the doctor. And just for kicks, found out that a Losi Micro Crawler makes a great back massage tool for the wife! Ran an entire battery through it just driving on her back. Might give some of you married guys an excuse to get one!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Best wishes to you, I am not much on the religious side, so I will send you my positive thoughts. I hope you get good news, not bad news.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Just got back from the doctor and got some great news. They said that it was not indeed cancer but rather a severe staph infection that was causing the spots to bleed and break open. Its treatable with anti-biotics and a topical ointment. The spot from the biopsy is healing nicely and i got the stitches out too. I am thankful that it was something that is relatively easy to treat and not something more severe. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, i feel like a massive weight has been taken off of my shoulders.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
Suck it up!

Woohoo!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
RCC Addict

well very glad that it was simple and is treatable.. i have scolioses (sp?) which is the curverature (sp?) of the spine so everytime i bend down part of my spine bends in a C shape... hurts after awhile lol.. now if i can only cut down on the beer again i should be fine!!
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Got a rough couple of days ahead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Denver for a couple days Chaotic Crawlers Chit Chat 12 08-22-2011 12:51 PM
Gonna be in Asheville for a couple days....... Scattman North Carolina 1 04-09-2009 07:28 AM
finished it a couple of days ago norcrawler General Crawlers 14 08-01-2008 06:06 PM
couple days of rest Bknight Chit Chat 1 05-23-2007 08:11 PM
O.k. Go ahead... raytard Chit Chat 6 01-10-2007 09:21 AM