Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: please read this , I am reaching out !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: please read this , I am reaching out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
I am not sure on the traxxas , I would hope after years of bieng in this sport I would not need any one to speak on my behalf , but ok . AS for the brushless system , that was a awesome offer from you , and thank you. But I was thinking of doing him two traxxas water proof servos and a water proof esc , and two stock motors , His father does not want him to have a fast truck for fear of hitting him , what kind of piece of sh** would use some one like Payton that has been though all of this for some parts of this nature. Never mind I know how people are , and I understand your concerns . I had no knowledge of some on on here doing any sort of scam.
Also looking for advice , on build , can a stock traxxas lx5 water proof esc handle two 23 turn emaxx motors , with out gettting to hot and shutting down ? I can try to trade some of the rc stuff I have left over to get what stuff his truck might need .
You've been here since '04 and you have no idea of the scams on here? anichif(however you spell it), ring a bell...my house burnt down...WestTXRc? I'm sure theres more, but that's a few that have happened...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
Wow for the doubters here, Alabamaman (Jay) has been a member on here since 2004 a lot longer than alot of the smartbutts that have some negative things to say. And to be honest alot of you other crawlers that have been to LRC have actually met Jay and comped with him. Also here ya go for Jays crediability, Try Austin Dunn AKA Gatekeeper he is a close friend of Jays as well as Biscuit, myself,and a fewhundred more localy that will stand up for him in a minute!.

If asking for help requires a star then by all means use mine and if in doubt please feel free to check my feedback here as well as Helifreak.com, RCtech.net, ebay.

Jay is and has been a standup guy that would give you something you need in a heartbeat without asking for money first and he would never ask or dog you to be paid.

This is really a disappointment that our community has dropped the ball for a good guy and a good cause because of a few peoples comments who wasnt even involved in the other incidents as well as the one new guy that wasnt even a member at the time. Special thanks to RichardGarrett56 for standing up !!!!
So you think that shaming people into helping is the right approach?
Just because they didn't get burned on the last one they shouldn't be cautious and wait for some validation?

Despite that, if Kenny will vouch then that's good.
I helped with Eli's crawler just before Christmas.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 01-20-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

i would love to donate, im not saying you're a liar,i know you are not lying, but my dad doesnt feel comfortable with stuff like this, i wish i could help. im so glad that people are willing to help.
theloudone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

RCC is one of the most generous communities I've seen and am proud to be a member of, but they aren't stupid.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

That's all we needed, some validation to be sure of his intentions. It sounded sincere but so did WestTXRC's story. Can't blame people for being cautious.

I have a Prophet Plus LCD charger I can donate, it won't charge lipos but you don't need to do you?

Also have a ton of used but good 2.2 tires or a set of Maxx sized mashers collecting dust if they'll help. Let me know...

Last edited by AdverseCity; 01-20-2012 at 04:10 PM.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #26
Who's your Daddy-0!

I agree with a lot of post here, I do. I've helped out a few people getting them into our hobby and spend half of my day building RC's for local people now. If it were me I would just reach out to my local RC friends instead of posting on here knowing all the trouble we have had lately. The group of guys that Jay is around now are great guys and would give the shirts off their backs to help him!

I'm sure there are plenty of us that can tell you guys that he is a stand up guy and has done good deals with us over the years. That really doesn't help a lot when the bad apples are stealing from the board though. Just hit up the local guys daddyo and see what you can get done from there. If that isn't enough just shoot the guys on here you know well a PM and go from there Then when everything is built and done take some pictures of it and picts of him getting it to show the non believers that it was a honest job done well
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Wow for the doubters here, Alabamaman (Jay) has been a member on here since 2004 a lot longer than alot of the smartbutts that have some negative things to say. And to be honest alot of you other crawlers that have been to LRC have actually met Jay and comped with him. Also here ya go for Jays crediability, Try Austin Dunn AKA Gatekeeper he is a close friend of Jays as well as Biscuit, myself,and a fewhundred more localy that will stand up for him in a minute!.

If asking for help requires a star then by all means use mine and if in doubt please feel free to check my feedback here as well as Helifreak.com, RCtech.net, ebay.

Jay is and has been a standup guy that would give you something you need in a heartbeat without asking for money first and he would never ask or dog you to be paid.

This is really a disappointment that our community has dropped the ball for a good guy and a good cause because of a few peoples comments who wasnt even involved in the other incidents as well as the one new guy that wasnt even a member at the time. Special thanks to RichardGarrett56 for standing up !!!!
Where's your donation.

I have two 3800 tenergy battery packs. Just need an address to send to if your interested.
korn_2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
Suck it up!

Quote:
Wow for the doubters here, Alabamaman (Jay) has been a member on here since 2004 a lot longer than alot of the smartbutts that have some negative things to say.
The first time I got scammed here was by someone operating under a user name that was not theirs that had been here for a few years already. And it's not like alabamaman is super active and well known by many people here. So pardon the fawk outta me for being cautious.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #29
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
pardon the fawk outta me for being cautious.
Ah sh!t, I actually agree with Duuuuude. Damn it.

I can't believe people ask for anything here. Why does anyone owe anyone else free sh!t? We all work hard for our money. For someone to come here and share a personal story and ask for free stuff is silly. I have donated to a few and have stopped. I can't stand all the new scammers there have been lately. Sadly that is the reason for me stopping donations to anything. I wish this person the best, but I'm out for any handouts.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #30
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Ah sh!t, I actually agree with Duuuuude. Damn it.
Everybody sees the light eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
I can't believe people ask for anything here. Why does anyone owe anyone else free sh!t? We all work hard for our money. For someone to come here and share a personal story and ask for free stuff is silly. I have donated to a few and have stopped. I can't stand all the new scammers there have been lately. Sadly that is the reason for me stopping donations to anything. I wish this person the best, but I'm out for any handouts.
I don't mind charity organization drives, or helping out when a beloved RCC member has something tragic happen in their lives, but asking for stuff for people we here don't know, or who the asker barely know is a little weird and to me crosses the donation line.

Yeah it sucks to see kids living hard lives, no one will dispute that.

And to get upset when people won't donate free stuff for the thing you want to do for that particular person, that is just dumb. You don't ask for handouts and then get pissy pants when they don't show up like you want them to.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #31
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
wow 148 reads , and nothing ! The crawlers normally help out . I have axles , some ok wheels ok tires , ok body ,
Does any one have a stock , or after market or home made chassis that will hold clod axles , they would be willing to donate ? Every one is lipo , does any one have a nicad charger they no longer need ? Any traxxas water proof servos ? big stick packs ? I can not afford to do this my self , I simply do not have the money , to do it all my self , Thanks again biscuit for the radio .
Like has been said a dozen or so times now. after being scammed from a well respected big time vendor who took a ton of us for $500.00 a crack to a recent event walking away with tons of free stuff. its hard to take a guys story and swallow it. No offence to you and I can completely understand your situation.
Its great that you are doing this but you have to understand our stance and help us validate your story.

Quote:

Dude, really? Austin Dunn. No shit! God I better jump all over this. I've met and talked to Austin Dunn several times and I bet he doesn't even know who I am. Further more I don't even know you?

I don't think the proper response from you should of been to jump all over our ass's because we have questions and want proof. Considering the past few months of scams.

But Ill tell you what alabamaman. Since richardgarrett56 is going to donate tires and a chassis and some servo's. Ill throw in a set of scale seats, a fire extinguisher, and a Axial transmission to help with this addiction.

I would really like to see something come of this. Because If it doesn't, I'm finished donating anything again for charity.

Shoot me a P.M. where to send the gear.

Last edited by team3six; 01-20-2012 at 06:50 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

wow , IO asked for a responce , and I guess I have one , well a few , I like the guy from new york with the million dollars , but we are not rying to buy him a house so it would be a huge over kill. Yes I am not super active on here , I started with the serc. few people post do not even know what that was . Yes we all know austin dunn , I remeber his first comp , where he showed up with a clod that broke. With all the comps , I have only beat austin on one course over the years , because his tlt broke , remeber when those were comp trucks , a ,full season before digs came out , a few years before the berg came out. . anyway . To those of you willing to take a chance on some random a hole begging for hand outs .
The tube chassis looks awesome ! I think he would love it . you also have a traxas servo wich is water proof would be great ! , The brushless vlx system is an awesome offering , but way too much . as well as the tires . I have a set of allmost new clod axles that will go under that chassis . I will put him some kind of tire and wheel combo under it . I have enough links to set it up. team three 6 the scale seats would look great in there. The charger will still do nicads it would be awesome. the two 3800 packs will keep him rocking , If you guy are still willing to donate these things I would love to build his truck with them , if not I understand . I will try to make him some decent shocks and find a traxxas esc plain brushed waterproof one and IF it will work I am all most sure I can produce a pair of 23 to 27 turn motors forit so it will be slow and have a long run time. I had his father looking at the radio I fly with and he thinks it will work . allthough the gimbal is small it is easy to push and will self center if his little hand come off of it.
I do want to send a hardy thank you to kenny for the stand , as well as hbj , I will have some pics / build type thread going here as soon as the parts start to come in. pm me if you still want to send your parts . I will send you my address . We are getting some ot , so I might be able to send you some shipping back via paypal or even pay some on the parts. I trully understand the people that have been burned on here , Yes I have been around and did not read about the scams , sorry for not being avid enough to prove my self . However I do not see my reaching out to family of crawlers that I have been in since the begining as asking for hand outs , just offering people a chance to help some one out , I never started racing because I could never find a track where the guys were not throwing trucks , pitching fits and acting like they were Dale Earnhart . I have never seen anything but supper helpfull great people at all of our comps ,,the only one I could gripe about is fish , he allways ate my lunch ! you would think he would bring a sandwich or some thing !lol just kidding fish . again if you fell your being scammed please do not send anything , I will float the whole thing myself if I have to , it will just ake a lot longer . plase keep the personal attacks to a min. When you have never met me. This is also a shot in the freaking datk , but before there was rccrawling if you were on the trraxxas boards and remeber a guy from alabama starting a thread call sant clause that gave a way a few hundred dollars worth of traxxas parts for free and paind the shipping as well to those that needed the it was me . I sure I was scammed on alot of those but I did send them to the people for the right reason.
Thank you again for your time.
Jay Painter
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

If those tires that were posted are too much, what is just right? You want a scale or a comp tire? 2.2? Let me know, shoot me a PM if you want.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

If you still need shocks, I have a set of 4 inchers out of an exceed kit. They are large diameter like 1/8 scale shocks and are like new with springs. Pm me if you want em
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Some of you guys know me on here and I will vouch for Alabamamans credibility and character. if he says he is helping a young fellow, then that is what he is doing. Jay is a stand up guy, and I'm sure he will post pics when he hands the RC to the young man.

Jay I have some stuff shocks 2.2 wheels with tires and 1.9 tires.

I need to check to see what all I have.

Last edited by Benzbuildr; 01-20-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
PapaGriz Yo

Ok we have a couple reputable members that are vouching for the reputation of alabamaman. If others want to vouch for him that's fine.

Let's get the thread back on track for those that do want to help.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

again thanks , benz , Thank you for all the tire offers ,I hate to sound stupid about them , but untill I get the tuber chassis and link up the clod axles , I have no idea what size tire wheel thing to put on it. HE needs it to be big and slow , he will ahve to follow it in his power chair , but his father does not want it to have to be right up on him ,for fear of him hitting himself (if you read up on him you will understand why) so I want to build him a big slow tough monster truck wit ha long run time. It needs to be slow enough to not break the clod axles , (with in reason )
yes I will get some pics up on here when the parts come in and it starts to come together . I think the those big shocks will be great , but I do not want any one to just send stuff tha we can use on the truck , because I would have to send it back.,
when chassi gets here and I get it linked up I will know more of what will work on it , nothing more than what will work and fit , unless it is a back up/spare for the truck
again thank all of you willing to help out this little supper hero of a boy !!!!!!
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Ok we have a couple reputable members that are vouching for the reputation of alabamaman. If others want to vouch for him that's fine.

Let's get the thread back on track for those that do want to help.
I agree.

Can we get a list of what is needed? It states on the first post you have clod axles, you building a super or monster truck? I have some OG clod wheels&tires.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

A cohesive list of what's needed would be great.

I'd love to help out.

I have a nice 20C 6000 mAh 2S lipo that should power this thing for quite a long time I'd be happy to send you.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #40
www.team3sixrc.com

OK, so like what was asked. Organize a build list and lets go from there.

I mean if there is something else I have down in the shop that i wont need that will help. then I will donate that too.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote

please read this , I am reaching out ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please read. Kamikaze Chit Chat 189 06-23-2009 02:54 AM
read read read hardhead Chit Chat 11 09-04-2008 11:34 AM
Just read it. Crawlsalot Chit Chat 9 05-26-2006 03:22 PM
Scale Clod? Project reaching finish Pictures RandyatBBY Tamiya Clod Buster 11 10-23-2004 08:23 PM