Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: please read this , I am reaching out !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: please read this , I am reaching out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
If you still need shocks, I have a set of 4 inchers out of an exceed kit. They are large diameter like 1/8 scale shocks and are like new with springs. Pm me if you want em
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
I think the those big shocks will be great , but I do not want any one to just send stuff tha we can use on the truck , because I would have to send it back.

Not sure if that means you can use em or not? Either way LMK
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
unfortunatly there has been some real crappy things lately...

I cant remember who it was but, a couple years back, one of the machinist on here built some custom knobs for a stick radio to help a member with hand problems. If anyone can think of who it was, might be a good idea. Sounds like this kid might be in the same boat. They were basically big nurled shifter knobs so he didnt have to grab a small stick.
This was done by "freemachinist" for "KNIFE" who is a paralyzed former Marine. These are the stick extensions he made.

Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  60.4 KB

Last edited by Knarly Nerd; 01-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I know that this thread has turned but I have to say a few things here. First off if you don't want to give then just move on along, you don't have to attack Jay!! Second, if you would just google the kid you will see he lives more than just a hard life!!! I have known Jay since I started crawling so I will vouch for him too, what ever that is worth!! Jay I will look though my stuff and see if I have anything to offer up.

click here
Creepy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #44
Suck it up!

I want to apologize for being a prick earlier. I said what I wanted to say but it came out a bit rougher than I would have liked.

Nothing was purposely meant as a personal attack on the OP. I mentioned to him in a pm that these past few months have been unusually full of people getting scammed around here...the worst I've ever seen it anyway...there are some people who are still pretty sore about it. Unfortunate to be sure, but that's the way it is and that is why some of us are still on edge.

The OP has been vouched for, which is great, and I wish him success in reaching his goal.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #45
RCC Addict

I have a prophet charger it's really nice and I only used it a few times before I went to lipo it will charge nimh,ni-cad,.. And anything but lipo I also have wheels and tires all sizes and I have lots more stuff post up a needed list and I'll do what I can but for sure the charger is yours if needed.. I love LRC I just wish I was closer than two hrs away.. Let me know and I'll send the charger and whatever else I have that you need..

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

SO far payton has a set of clod axles, a dx6i radio , an awesome tube chassis , one water proof servo , two big stick packs , two chargers , some custom seats and scale stuff to make it look like a real tube buggy.
I have had a lot of people with tires and wheels , shocks , The tube chassis is being sent out this morning from fla. so when I get it I will start the mock up to see what the biggest tire wheel combo can be stuffed under it and work good and not look goofy. still need to find out what motor combo the water proof traxxas esc's will handle , I had a offer of large 1/8th buggy shocks I hope to use , I know we will still need a waterproof esc , I keep saying traxxas but I am sure there are others. and one more water proof servo , , Thank you for all that have offered your support here , I might be slow in figuring what is needed , but it is only so alot of stuff that can not be used is not sent in to me for the truck.
I just texted his dad Ried he is looking at this post , and is very happy for the support as well , I asked him to join so he could comment , I hope he does , but he is following it on line .
crawlers are awesome people !!!!!!!!!!
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Very cool, I look forward to seeing the build
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #48
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarly Nerd View Post
This was done by "freemachinist" for "KNIFE" who is a paralyzed former Marine.
As we all learn things, I learned that his duty as a Marine had nothing to do with his paralyzation. Snow boarding accident. The two aren't connected, yet you'd think they were because of his posts.

Just sayin'...
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

If I met a Marine that wanted or needed help with this hobby , I would be glad to help , even if he could walk , That man signed a blank check for this country ! If he was unable to walk , I do not care if he was injured on top of a hooker ! Tool around in a wheel chair for a while . I do not getwhere people are mad about that . I guess maybee he might have made it sound like he give up the ability to walk for your freedom or something , I missed that one , I guess.
I serve the war fighter for a living , I have yet to meet a soldier I do not have respect for. I might have read your post worng but that bothered me far worse than the shots at me , on here . ok , sorry for the rant . Hope I did not offend any one .
Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #50
www.team3sixrc.com

I think what Eee Pee is suggesting is that based of Knife's posts in the past. It kinda gave the illusion that him being paralyzed was something to do with him being in the Marine Corps. when it was ultimately an accident that occurred from Snow boarding.

So sure we all (if patriotic) salute our soldiers for their duty served. But if someone no matter if they are military or not mis-uses their misfortune as a crutch to get attention. It can be frowned upon by some people.

I personally don't know Knife and the only thing we shared is the fact that we had both served as Marines. I did talk to him a few times, but that was the extent of it. This new information from Eee Pee is something I had not known.

Which mean's I was one of the guys who did believe that is how he was injured.

Understand? Its one thing to be Patriotic, its entirely another to salute someone for their injuries thinking that is was an unfortunate accident brought on by being in the War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
If I met a Marine that wanted or needed help with this hobby , I would be glad to help , even if he could walk , That man signed a blank check for this country ! If he was unable to walk , I do not care if he was injured on top of a hooker ! Tool around in a wheel chair for a while . I do not getwhere people are mad about that . I guess maybee he might have made it sound like he give up the ability to walk for your freedom or something , I missed that one , I guess.
I serve the war fighter for a living , I have yet to meet a soldier I do not have respect for. I might have read your post worng but that bothered me far worse than the shots at me , on here . ok , sorry for the rant . Hope I did not offend any one .
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

on with the build you guy's
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #52

Hello I'm paytons father just joining this forum to validate Alabamaman . If u would like to know more about or his story he has a webpage on caring bridge just go to the sight and put in Payton Thornton you can read his whole story or if you can go to the discovery tlc there is a show that is called My Skin Is Killing Me . They came and filmed at our house in Alabama ,then followed us to MN to document his stem cell transplant. I'm not big on hand outs either . I asked Alabamaman about helping me build something for Payton and he decided to do this , and I'm very grateful , but I understand everyone having questions . I can't blame anyone I just wanted to let people know that Alabamaman was being honest , and not just looking to get some free parts.
Paytons dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

If I can help, I'd like to. Once you figure what else you need, I have a couple of things you might need. I have a 55turn, a 35turn and a 27turn motors that are not being used. If you want slow, the 55 or 35 turn motor might be best. I also have a set of brand new 2.2 Rock lizard tires on Axial rims from a AX-10 that I can send, if you can use them. Once you get the build going, keep these in mind and PM me if any of it can be used.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

I have been working allot lately and havent been on the forum much, so I just realized there was a thread on this. I'm taking the DX6i and receiver over to Alabamamans house right now. We also have an aluminum radio stand that we are going to mod to be able to clamp to his chair for easier one hand operation.
Thanks to everybody who is jumping on board to help on this, it is really great.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Radio in hand! Axles waiting.chassis and one servo in route.two batts, on way two changers. Shocks to be on way and some awsome scale stuff comming soon! Awesome guys.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #56
RCC Addict

I have a set of used 2.2 proline beadlock wheels and 2 c.b.p.com stick packs id donate.. P.m. for addy to ship to..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #57

I was introduced to this hobby by a man that basicly donated my whole rig to me, it seems only right to pay it forard. here is a list of all i can part with, just let me know if you need any or all of it

-27t motor
-55t motor
-axial esc (not waterproof but it works)
-set of 4 rock 2.2 rock lizards (race compand)
-5 stick pack batteries ranging from 1900-3800
-2 chargers (one with battery hookups to charge at ur crawl spot)
- lots of spare screws, bols, nuts and other odds and ends.

let me know if im able to help, it would be my pleasure
mummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

I was getting the axles a once over. I do not have any uper link mounts. If any one might have a set. Need one more traxxas blue servo ht. I think I have all the hardware to put her together.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for offering the two chargers, but two people are each sending one each. I am thinking we run maxx or clod size tires for a monster ttruck type thing. But the battery packs would be awesome!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Ok got the tube chassis today! Payton said it looks great and he is excited. Biscuit donated a ser of maxx sized rubicons and hpi black chrome wheels! He does not know that he did yet. If you were sending shocks and have not please hold on to them,for now I think this may have to have savage shocks. I am all most sure I have a new set some were. We are good on axles wheels tires radio motor one servo. Still looking for servo number two clod upper link mounts esc and, clod servo mounts if any one has these to donate or sell to me.

please read this , I am reaching out ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please read. Kamikaze Chit Chat 189 06-23-2009 02:54 AM
read read read hardhead Chit Chat 11 09-04-2008 11:34 AM
Just read it. Crawlsalot Chit Chat 9 05-26-2006 03:22 PM
Scale Clod? Project reaching finish Pictures RandyatBBY Tamiya Clod Buster 11 10-23-2004 08:23 PM